What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
who said work is being discontinued , just because you dont get updates doesnt mean a certain project has been discontinued.
Work on PK-18 and PK-21 is discontinued as stated by Salman Ali of POF you can visit his youtube channel in one of latest series he disclose this information.

AR based is a future im very upset with this guy salman selling his old churan in new oack wont work these type of vultures are dangerous for making money in short period

Pak should have started investing in gun manufacturing in 90s
Without going into debate on what’s better and why. As @farooqbhai007 pointed. AR based PK18 project is still progressing.

Again did we used drones in 90s
Do we had awacs in 90s

Dont tell we dont use you have to adopt the change to survive
What are you trying to say?
Work on PK-18 and PK-21 is discontinued as stated by Salman Ali of POF you can visit his youtube channel in one of latest series he disclose this information.
Please post the link bro.

As it is now fully confirmed that Pakistan has decided to replace G3 with a new standard weapon. For this a board of Army officers led by a Major General will evaluate all major Guns used by leading militaries in the world and one of them will be chosen for Pakistan so it's time to discuss potential candidates and their features.
By the way MPT-76 are first to come for evaluation.
@WebMaster @Horus @Oscar @Irfan Baloch @balixd @Icarus @kaonalpha @syedali73 @Sulman Badshah @Wolfhound @nair @SpArK @GURU DUTT @Imran Khan @Arsalan @RescueRanger @Bratva @Slav Defence @ajpirzada @DESERT FIGHTER @
Scar is the best but probably to expensive. But it does use the same caliber as g3 so we wouldn't need to change our supply lines and logistics too much.

AR based is a future im very upset with this guy salman selling his old churan in new oack wont work these type of vultures are dangerous for making money in short period

Do we had awacs in 90s

Bro, I don't think Salman Ali has the power to tell GHQ what to do or not to do.

Honestly, I think whatever Salman Ali and POF are doing is coming down from GHQ. If GHQ seriously wanted to buy a rifle from abroad, they would've done it. The al-Khalid didn't stop them from buying VT4. The Shahpar-II isn't stopping them from buying CH-4s (and in the PAF's case, TB2s apparently).

If there was a genuine performance and/or reliability improvement over the G-3, the Army would've ordered SCAR H or SiG Sauer. Heck, if the situation was urgent, they would've ordered 100K rifles off-the-shelf without any local production.

If GHQ is listening to Salman Ali, then I say we make Salman Ali the next Prime Minister of Pakistan.

Please post the link bro.

let me check will post the video

Bro I think I was mistaken about the source, I listen about PK-18 and PK-21 in video recently so getting confused in which video I listen about it so as of now consider my previous posts without source. I will post the video IF and when I find it

@farooqbhai007 ..... FYI

I asked Salman Ali a direct question regarding PK18 on one of his videos
According to him PK-18 is history they aren't
going forward with it

Screenshot_20220111-155648_YouTube.jpg

Do we had awacs in 90s

Do you even know when AR was developed before saying it is the future.
I asked Salman Ali a direct question regarding PK18 on one of his videos
According to him PK-18 is history they aren't
going forward with it

View attachment 807747
I might be wrong but @PanzerKiel mentioned in a thread that army was not satisfied with the performance of these guns.

Last edited:
Bhai what is this “look better” logic. Also we don’t use 5.8 ammo.
It means that look beter design and by weigh 4th of tge gun
Do you even know when AR was developed before saying it is the future.

I might be wrong but @PanzerKiel mentioned in a thread that army was not satisfied with the performance of these guns.
Do you know any other gun which is going to be future laser gun

It means that look beter design and by weigh 4th of tge gun
What is a “look better design”? That criteria will not be judged by just “looking” but by T&E. And which rifle weighs a fourth of it? And do you even know what’s the weight of the BW20 or BW21 for you to complain about it?

Maybe you need glasses then. Find me a picture from the last 3 years of a single G3 in use in a combat setting wether it be on LoC or WoT. G3 is not in common use anymore. Only carried by sentries at times, even they mostly carry type 56s. PA has been ordering and receiving new Type 56-IIMs and other modernized AKs constantly for a few years now, but haven’t made a single order for new G3s, where do you think these AKs are going?

Even Non-infantry units have phased out G3s, I visited Swat in 2016 where non-inf units had taken security charge to free up infantry units, didn’t see a single G3 anywhere in sight, andthey were all artillery boys. I visited LOC side in 2020, bridging units had phased out G3s as well, the infantry there hasn’t used G3s for ages anyways. Drive through Rawalpindi, 90% of the sentries are carrying Type 56s. Yes G3s are still in use and you see them once in a while, but I don’t know where you saw 90% of PA using G3s. Even the training is done with Type 56.

Aik to pakistanion ko point marne mein bohot maza ata hai but thori si research karne pe mout parti hay. The G3s are all still in storage and will totally be used in the case of a war, but are they the preferred weapon/weapon of choice? Not anymore, with good reason too, the Type 56-II is better in every way for a modern combat scenario, wether COIN or conventional, simply because of its lighter weight, lower recoil and ability to mount accessories, though PA still does need modern rifles to replace it.
you have written a lengthy " well researched" reply on a totally .... wrong assumption

Back
Top Bottom