What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
useless setup, I would go with a tried and tested MP5 with better terminal ballistics out of the same round

I would feel really proud if PA goes with a 100% local design even if does not look as sexy as any other western system. Just like thunder, the local design will improve and be at par with any western system within a decade because of the huge volumes and constant production run.
Hope POC able providr something that can satisfy PA

What is the current status of replecment prog i heared zarvan saying pak scrapped it should have not bought vt 4 but bought most important gun

What is the current status of replecment prog i heared zarvan saying pak scrapped it should have not bought vt 4 but bought most important gun
I have no news yet. It could have been scrapped but then you out of the blue could see a breaking news on TV. Pakistan Army is full of surprises these days. So just relax if they would like to announce or show they would do it on their own time.

@PanzerKiel

Yea the muzzle break and the mag are a giveaway. But AK-103 doesn’t have to be in a single configuration (I.e. the one shown in the videos by the Klashnikov factory). Weapons are in many variants, any type of modern AK over the old Chinese ones is welcome. Even if it’s not exactly a 103.
Almost 10k AK-103s are about to come, some are already here..... Not for regular army for now...

Nopes, direct procurement.... We'll be seeing plenty of AK 103s in the hands of units under MoI in the very near future.
Any big ticket items from Russia since Rumours about Putin visit? You know he won't come without reason a pure businessman style other than Gas pipeline?

Exactly, FC primarily, not for IB.... you can take it as a start of another massive rearmament program of the whole FC.
FC should have own drones Helis Gunships wheels APCs as frontline soldiers at western border I also want one more corp in Balochistan based Gawader or central part not Quetta
Nopes, direct procurement.... We'll be seeing plenty of AK 103s in the hands of units under MoI in the very near future.
Anyway its a great news for Hazrat @Zarvan

FC should have own drones Helis Gunships wheels APCs as frontline soldiers at western border I also want one more corp in Balochistan based Gawader or central part not Quetta

Anyway its a great news for Hazrat @Zarvan
I don't think the Army would allow another major army to form out of the Ministry of Interior.

The correct approach would be to re-organize FC, Rangers, etc, into a 'National Guard' and then place said force under the control of Army GHQ. In turn, Army GHQ gives the National Guard one mandate: manage the internal security affairs of Pakistan. The advantage of this approach is that the National Guard won't be seen as a threat to the Army, but at the same time, could get its own attack helicopters, transport helicopters, etc.

BTW, this wouldn't be unprecedented in Pakistan. The PN already runs the Maritime Security Agency.

I don't think the Army would allow another major army to form out of the Ministry of Interior.

The correct approach would be to re-organize FC, Rangers, etc, into a 'National Guard' and then place said force under the control of Army GHQ. In turn, Army GHQ gives the National Guard one mandate: manage the internal security affairs of Pakistan. The advantage of this approach is that the National Guard won't be seen as a threat to the Army, but at the same time, could get its own attack helicopters, transport helicopters, etc.

BTW, this wouldn't be unprecedented in Pakistan. The PN already runs the Maritime Security Agency.
Thus this national guard might also have scale to buy equipment on a greater level and have more commonality of equipment. Instead of FC and Rangers operating different hardware.

Back
Top Bottom