What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
the lead element of the SSG whose job was to clear the LZ landed right on top of ttp positions, who were taken aback, they not only cleared that but the surrounding hills overlooking the LZ. That was some feat lead by their brilliant company commander Maj. Bangz. who planned, executed, and led from the front. Got a Tbt for it.
The top brass including the chief was shocked by the speed with which the areas were cleansed as they had not expected it all to go so well. When the lead element was withdrawn to tarbela, Gen. kiyani personally came to meet and congratulate the team
The two GOC arrived I think the 2 or the 3rd day by that time most of the hard work that broke ttp back had already been done.
Where was captain bilal KIA?

Dude we can't just select a weapon because it is coming from an ally. If it passes our tests smoothly yes it should come but if not sorry it should not. Just being an ally is not enough.
Also being a good weapon alone is not enough. There are other parameters aslo need to analyze, e.g. Cost, Transfer of technology, training, compatibility with existing inventory, your relations with the seller, Origin of Seller, Global power's influence on Supplier and list goes on.

Last edited:
Also being a good weapon alone is not enough. There are other parameters aslo need to analyze, e.g. Cost, Transfer of technology, training, compatibility with existing inventory, your relations with the seller, Origin of Seller, Global power's influence on Supplier and list goes on.

Hmm have you guys thought of making your own design rifles ? I know it's very difficult but I'm sure you guys can do it , metallurgy is an issue

Hmm have you guys thought of making your own design rifles ? I know it's very difficult but I'm sure you guys can do it , metallurgy is an issue
Yes, the replacement for the G3 will likely be a local rifle. The first such offering was the PK-18 by POF, one of their own designs. They will probably present a new design tailored to the militaries requirements next, which will likely replace the G3.

Yes, the replacement for the G3 will likely be a local rifle. The first such offering was the PK-18 by POF, one of their own designs. They will probably present a new design tailored to the militaries requirements next, which will likely replace the G3.
Local have least chances. Army keeps rejecting POF designs over and over again

Local have least chances. Army keeps rejecting POF designs over and over again
They are not of good quality either.... Barrels expand after firing few rounds, accuracy deteriorates, cone of fire expands, feeding problems, get too hot to handle...
The more times they get it wrong, the more chance they have of eventually getting it right, so it’s still good that they’re at least trying. I don’t see the military testing any other foreign rifles to replace the G3 at the moment, maybe I’m just unaware of the tests or maybe it’s just me being hopeful, but I still believe POF can put forward a competent rifle. Then again I trust the military testers with whatever they will pick.

Multiple factors involved in designing of our own rifle... May be first one is we dont want to spare a chunk of money for R&D. Then after successful R&D you will have to spend alot of time on design, testing of that design and to make changes based on field test results. So its a long process. I dont know why we didnt starts this process 30 years back. Only thing we are doing is license production of existing design or make few changes in existing designs which we bought for in house serial production.
May be our top hierarcy dont want to invest in R&D, rather do trials of different vendor's products and which will suit financially and operationally, just deal with them for transfer of technology, and assemble it in house to save time and money. But i dont see this apporach giving long term benefits.
Where was captain bilal KIA?
Ghazanosar peak in peaochar vally

Last edited:
Multiple factors involved in designing of our own rifle... May be first one is we dont want to spare a chunk of money for R&D. Then after successful R&D you will have to spend alot of time on design, testing of that design and changes based on results. So its a long process. I dont know why we didnt starts this process 30 years back. Only thing we are doing is license production of existing design or make few changes in existing designs which we bought for in house serial production.
May be our top hierarcy dont want to invest in R&D, rather do trials of different vendor's products and which will suit financially and operationally, just deal with them for transfer of technology, and assemble it in house to save time and money. But i dont see this apporach giving long term benefit.

Ghazanosar peak in peaochar vally

I agree , countries like Singapore and Israel were able to design their own rifles for themselves and I feel like my nation of Bangladesh can do the same along with Pakistan to start making small arms and also exporting it to other nations.

In America where I live the gun culture is pretty live and I feel like both Pakistan and Bangladesh can make shotguns,handguns,sniper rifles to assault rifles for civilian and military use.

Shooting the SAR 21 Full Auto - YouTube

Singaporean SAR-21

I agree , countries like Singapore and Israel were able to design their own rifles for themselves and I feel like my nation of Bangladesh can do the same along with Pakistan to start making small arms and also exporting it to other nations.

In America where I live the gun culture is pretty live and I feel like both Pakistan and Bangladesh can make shotguns,handguns,sniper rifles to assault rifles for civilian and military use.

Shooting the SAR 21 Full Auto - YouTube

Singaporean SAR-21
Yes America is a big market for smalls arms and Paksitan exports good number of small arms to US but all those small arms made by PoF (Pakistan Ordanance Factory) are models of original H&K MP5 variants with litlle bit modern looks and modifications. That is it.
I am afraid that Paksitan or Bangladesh will awake from this jahalat and start investing in R&D sector, so that young scientists and students can come in and innovate new ideas and convert those ideas into technological marvalls.
But sadly, it dosent look like happening any time soon.

Aray nahin bhai....
Whatever you said is the truth... Which makes me sad....
I mean we were able to make atomic weapons 40 years ago, but couldn't make a damn rifle... Bari ajeeb baat hai....
Only difference is the thinking....
No one was ready to provide us atomic weapons. We decided to do it ourselves, even if we had to eat grass.... And we did it.....
Today, if we again decide, with the same conviction, that we have to make a rifle.... We will, with ease...
I mean a country which can build atomic weapons each year, but couldn't make a 3 feet long rifle...
Dobara ghas khana shuru karty hain phir sir kya pata kuch ban jaye
Tussi apni jaydad waicho.. Tey fir waikho... SCAR aayi aayi..

Back
Top Bottom