What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
This is not AK 103.

The one in picture is not AK 103 Sir.
Yea the muzzle break and the mag are a giveaway. But AK-103 doesn’t have to be in a single configuration (I.e. the one shown in the videos by the Klashnikov factory). Weapons are in many variants, any type of modern AK over the old Chinese ones is welcome. Even if it’s not exactly a 103.

Type 56 is awesome as I said already... They are still there on great numbers in normal infantry units.... Almost all infantry units having majority of Type 56s with them... Unless their task demands otherwise...

Sorry I didn't catch your comment on Type 56 before, this thread has a history of been in and out of PDF spotlight, but i do remember reading here from members who actually know what they are talking about the efficiency of type 56 specially in the rugged terrains, environment of Tribal areas, but of course gear of a company/unit specially in SSF's are picked with respect to the nature of the mission .

Sorry I didn't catch your comment on Type 56 before, this thread has a history of been in and out of PDF spotlight, but i do remember reading here from members who actually know what they are talking about the efficiency of type 56 specially in the rugged terrains, environment of Tribal areas, but of course gear of a company/unit specially in SSF's are picked with respect to the nature of the mission .

Of course.. Spec ops troops use highly customized mission specific gear...

Of course.. Spec ops troops use highly customized mission specific gear...

there is one operation in Pakistan history which i really wish to read details about and that is the Operation to capture Fazal ullah, i am forgetting the name of valley where SSG were dropped on mountain tops and then they have to fight their way down hill. But given the secrecy in which PA and SSG operate i doubt details will even hit the day light.

there is one operation in Pakistan history which i really wish to read details about and that is the Operation to capture Fazal ullah, i am forgetting the name of valley where SSG were dropped on mountain tops and then they have to fight their way down hill. But given the secrecy in which PA and SSG operate i doubt details will even hit the day light.
Peochar...
Peochar...
Op Black Thunderstorm

Peochar...

Op Black Thunderstorm

oh yes, peochar valley, I saw ARY new reporter's documentary " Pakistan ki Jung " in which he gives a bit details, i think the man leading the operation was, his was something like Haroon if i remember correctly, it was funny when he mentioned that when SSG start engaging them from behind they thought US army has came to fight them, and they got panic and run, this one operation must have stories on every ridge or every corner, but its sad that we might not even hear or know about them.

i wonder if you or any of your collogues know anything about the nature of the mission, have you write any piece of assessment on it? would love to read it if you do

Peochar...

Op Black Thunderstorm
oh yes, peochar valley, I saw ARY new reporter's documentary " Pakistan ki Jung " in which he gives a bit details, i think the man leading the operation was, his was something like Haroon if i remember correctly, it was funny when he mentioned that when SSG start engaging them from behind they thought US army has came to fight them, and they got panic and run, this one operation must have stories on every ridge or every corner, but its sad that we might not even hear or know about them.

i wonder if you or any of your collogues know anything about the nature of the mission, have you write any piece of assessment on it? would love to read it if you do
This operation was personally led by the GOC SSG, then Major general Haroon Aslam. One of the highest ranking officers ever to be dropped behind enemy lines.Also remember that poeochar was one of the strongest positions of terrorists which was reinforced by more Taliban including foreign terrorists following our success in other AORs .Moreover there was no land access to poeochar and even our helis were also hit by 14 and 12.7mm rounds so you can estimate the level of resistance
Also a slap on the face of those who abuse our generals every now and then...
He once said" Yeh SSG ki rawiyat ha ke hum hamesha front se lead kartay hain".
Here he can be seen directing his troop from the front.
images (3).jpeg
images (2).jpeg
Pakistan-Army-Interesting-Photos-A-Maj-Gen-having-food-with-troops-in-operational-area.jpg
images (4).jpeg

the lead element of the SSG whose job was to clear the LZ landed right on top of ttp positions, who were taken aback, they not only cleared that but the surrounding hills overlooking the LZ. That was some feat lead by their brilliant company commander Maj. Bangz. who planned, executed, and led from the front. Got a Tbt for it.
The top brass including the chief was shocked by the speed with which the areas were cleansed as they had not expected it all to go so well. When the lead element was withdrawn to tarbela, Gen. kiyani personally came to meet and congratulate the team
The two GOC arrived I think the 2 or the 3rd day by that time most of the hard work that broke ttp back had already been done.

Last edited:
Does Pakistani POF surplus ammo have a bad reputation in the international market? I see people distancing themselves from POF .303 and 30-06 but giving passing marks to 7.62 NATO. Is the surplus 30-06 and .303 even Pakistani made in the first place?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom