What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
362 pages on, members are still discussing options :-) Give this a rest, my take is that Pakistan will be at least a few more years late before a decision is made to change the G3 with something else. This is because funding is a huge issue as always and the decision is dependent on many factors including the vast numbers needed (it will be one rifle replacing the G3 in use of all 3 services), it will obviously require licensed production, new assembly lines for the rifle and the ammunition manufacturing and potentially any or all add-ons.

This is a very long term process specially for the numbers needed (north of 500,000) rifles. I don't foresee a decision being made before 2020 with the impact (production and re-equipping) being seen in the next Armed Forces Development Plan (AFDP) post 2025. In the meantime, specialized units will continue to buy small arms as their needs evolve but no big switch in the current AFDP.
I remember Turkey starting their process pre-2010. They even had to revise their rifle platform from the HK-416-based Mehmetcik-1 to MKEK's own take on the AR-platform - aka MPT-76. The Turkish Army only began inducting the MPT-76 in 2016-2017. This is what it took for a NATO army with more resources than Pakistan, imagine the PA which is both fiscally constrained and fighting a protracted COIN campaign.

#Egyptian paratroopers armed with CZ-807 rifles .

DS9G35IWsAUWVC-.jpg

DS9HLT3XcAEvwac.jpg

DS9HMeJWAAAmpKj.jpg

DS9HNvJX0AAg0YJ.jpg

Since last month, the rifle started to appear with members of #Egyptian special forces (paratroopers / Sa'ka) So far, it isn't known if the rifle will be deployed only to Special Forces units or to all Egyptian army units as replacement for old Ak-47 rifles .

DS9LjZgXkAAlIcg.jpg

:flame::flame:

Even with stock folded it is pretty long but then every rifle has it's drawbacks.Kudos
Modern Rifles are available in all sizes. This one has 16 inch barrel but it can have 12 inch barrel also

I thought its better our resident Muffakar/Derwaish answers the question. I is not worthy!
Hazoors
why are we discussing other armies and their choices? dont we give enough flying Fs on other threads?

ps its 2018 and the 2 year old competition didnt yield any results?

Change of administration after elections might show some progress.
Hazoors
why are we discussing other armies and their choices? dont we give enough flying Fs on other threads?

ps its 2018 and the 2 year old competition didnt yield any results?

Back
Top Bottom