What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Americans have jumped in. That's causing the delay. None of them will offer TOT, a basic contract requirement. They will be politely refused, but it is causing delays.

@Horus got the news regarding delay? Any confirmation from your side? It seems legit from where i got it. CZ mentioned as well!

I doubt very much that Army is re-testing CZ. Colt, Sig and others are going to be tested.

In x51 category, Colt weapon being trialed along with retesting of CZ and Sig .

Negotiations are underway with CZ (probably for x39). In April, CZ official told me 'final stage' could take few months.

Thats all I know.

Americans have jumped in. That's causing the delay. None of them will offer TOT, a basic contract requirement. They will be politely refused, but it is causing delays.

I doubt very much that Army is re-testing CZ. Colt, Sig and others are going to be tested.
Finally you responded

Will SIG offer TOT ?

Nops, not being retested in x39 anyway.
It seem that i got the right info as well since you are saying almost the same things. 1) Delay is confirmed,2)reason being new American players and 3) the fact that they are likely to be denied, back to square one. CZ remains here and is most likely in x39. This is the news i received.

Also x51 is even further away. We may not hear anything official about the winner earlier than x39 announcement.

Lets see.

@TheOccupiedKashmir

han ji? what happened? what delay?

Last edited:
Defence minister visited czech republic.

Bren has been purchased and manuals are being handed out to servicemen :partay:

in this video he says that in afghanstan american and british find scar too light weight. am i right? and that was the problem in scar.?
well there are several issues with it. among them is the polymer stock breaking, optics being damaged due to heavy recoil the lower receiver being polymer means recoil is not managed properly. The magazine's break as well because FN used old FAL magazines with modification that weakened it!

To date FN has not made any attempt to correct these issues however third party have stepped in to supply high quality stocks. Metallic lowers replacing polymers making the recoil absorption manageable and preventing optics being damaged. High quality polymer magazines!

Pakistan has paced up work to manufacture Al Khalid II tanks while production of modern assault rifles is also in final stages. The country is also producing state of the art bulletproof jackets.’

This information was shared by the Minister for Defense Production Rana Tanveer Hussain while briefing the Senate Standing Committee on Defense Production
https://propakistani.pk/2017/07/27/pakistan-produce-al-khalid-ii-tanks/

The Americans are trying to derail the process like they did in the late 1950s which led to delay in introduction of G3 by almost a decade. Pakistan had selected the G3 to replace the Lee Enfield but the yanks jumped in and gave WW2 vintages M1 for free.

Pakistan has paced up work to manufacture Al Khalid II tanks while production of modern assault rifles is also in final stages. The country is also producing state of the art bulletproof jackets.’

This information was shared by the Minister for Defense Production Rana Tanveer Hussain while briefing the Senate Standing Committee on Defense Production
https://propakistani.pk/2017/07/27/pakistan-produce-al-khalid-ii-tanks/
@Horus this is interesting let see what happens

Back
Top Bottom