What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Pakistan has paced up work to manufacture Al Khalid II tanks while production of modern assault rifles is also in final stages. The country is also producing the state of the bullet proof jackets.
The information was shared by Minister for Defense Production Rana Tanveer Hussain and the officials of organizations engaged in defense production while briefing the senate standing committee on defense production

http://pakobserver.net/summary-construction-gwadar-shipyard-sent-pm-approval/

Another marquee deal for the Czech industry was Ceska Zbrojovka's agreement to supply the elite French anti-terrorist unit GIGN with an initial order of 68 Bren 2 assault rifles.

The company -- which produced the original Bren assault rifle for British troops in World War I -- is now targeting other foreign militaries and elite units, including a deal to supply the Pakistan military with assault rifles.

"The deal with France is a huge reference because the GIGN unit buys the best weapons in the world and makes us seen as a very competitive player," Ceska Zbrojovka Chief Executive Lubomir Kovarik told Reuters.

The company, whose rivals include Germany's Heckler & Koch, U.S. gun maker Colt and Italy's Beretta, plans to produce 300,000 weapons in 2017 -- double the production six years ago, Kovarik said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-czech-arms-idUSKBN1AB0JU

Vitkovice Machinery Group (VMG) of the Czech Republic started up-gradation and modernisation of Wah Brass Mills in 2012. The VMG was established in 1828 and it is one of the largest engineering groups in the Central Europe. The up-gradation and modernisation of Wah Brass Mills by the VMG is an eloquent testimony to burgeoning relations between Pakistan and the Czech Republic.

http://www.mofa.gov.pk/czechrepublic/pr-details.php?prID=4762

DF-pWdaWAAAEPTH.jpg

The Americans are trying to derail the process like they did in the late 1950s which led to delay in introduction of G3 by almost a decade. Pakistan had selected the G3 to replace the Lee Enfield but the yanks jumped in and gave WW2 vintages M1 for free.
any more stories about that era?

2 years are now passed when they gonna select the rifle???
Everyone is waiting arrival of USA companies along with political situation delayed the matter but now new PM is in so let see what happens and when

What do u say bro????
Lots of silence on this thread????
well Horus is on my case because I lock horns with our Hazrat. But yes Lewis Machine & Tool AR beat HK417 and the rifle that was the best in trials!!! To become British L129A1 sharpshooter rifle and it won trials in New Zealand as well. So If Pakistan invests money in a good Machining and Tooling organisation then yes Rifles among many other things can be made in Pakistan.

well Horus is on my case because I lock horns with our Hazrat. But yes Lewis Machine & Tool AR beat HK417 and the rifle that was the best in trials!!! To become British L129A1 sharpshooter rifle and it won trials in New Zealand as well. So If Pakistan invests money in a good Machining and Tooling organisation then yes Rifles among many other things can be made in Pakistan.

Pakistanis and actually developing something on their own?....:astagh:
They just wanna get something readymade.

Back
Top Bottom