What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Well the whole thread is about that replacement project. :)
We are looking to replace our G3 and Type 56.

The gun in 7.62x39 category is almost final now and awaits formal contract signatures and all (unless something big happen)
7.62x51mm is wide open with SCAR being the first recommendation but now new rifles were brought in as well so no one can be certain about what is happening in that category.
So What Is Our Main Rifle Choice Right now

what is wrong with you @Path-Finder, why you use 'Hazrat' in every post?

BTW the recoil seems to be very high for CZ bren 7.62x39. In the video we only saw single shots fired i bet in full auto this rifle will be uncontrollable.

Hmmn, what is wrong with Hazrat? its not offensive!

Name me one rifle chambered in 7.62 calibre that does not have recoil in full auto fire!!

Is this Bulgarian weapon or Russian @DESERT FIGHTER
ss8-jpg.410314
Bulgarian.

section1-overlay-item-left-new.png
5,56ar-m9.jpg

http://www.arsenal-bg.com/c/assault-rifles-24

Last edited:
Thank heavens, they didn't set out to develop a new service rifle. We would have waited till June 2022.

Hmmn, what is wrong with Hazrat? its not offensive!

Name me one rifle chambered in 7.62 calibre that does not have recoil in full auto fire!!

Correct.

Remember our high school physics - the law of Conservation of Momentum? In other words, when you fire a pistol, gun or a rifle, you impart momentum to the bullet which is equal to the mass of the bullet multiplied by its speed. The gun recoils because an equal momentum is created in the opposite direction; thus net momentum remains zero.

The above is an immutable fact and every gun will have a kick / recoil. The emphasis on design is how to balance the gun so that the negative momentum is distributed in such a way that recoil is kept to minimum. In my time the recoil was measured in foot pounds now it must be in the meters kg (?). I had effect of the recoil on my shot guns reduced by having a lighter trigger and improving shape of the stock. For the rifle standard way is through the muzzle break.

Reducing the size of the bullet and the charge will reduce the overall size of the negative momentum and consequently reduce the kick as well. Conversely, larger calibre and higher range will necessarily have larger recoil / kick.

On the same basis, everything else being the same, single shot rifle will have lesser recoil than semi- automatic. On full auto, any rifle firing 500 rounds per minute will have strong enough recoil that it would be difficult to keep the barrel straight which in effect means wastage of the ammunition. Keeping soldier well supplied with bullets on the battle field is a major logistics problem that is why British soldiers fought the Falklands war with the semi-automatic rifles. This is true even for the 5.56 ammo albeit effort required to keep the rifle straight is much less.

Rifle and ammunition manufacturers spend years & millions on research to create a product that is the best combination of durability, reliability, accuracy, rate of fire, range and stopping power. That is why modern rifles are so expensive.

Pak Army is using 50 year old designs. All state of the art rifles will have less kick than G-3 & AK-47; however, no matter what, if you stick to 7.62 calibre, your soldiers will have to learn to cope with a bigger ‘Kick’ than those using 5.56 ammo.

So What Is Our Main Rifle Choice Right now
Currently we use G-3.
The replacement is not announced officially but it looks like CZ Bern will be coming for 7.62x39mm and the x51mm is till open and under evaluation. Lets see. NOTHING IS CONFIRM OF 100% OFFICIAL TILL NOW.

russian weopons are reliable but they are not always accurate

Currently we use G-3.
The replacement is not announced officially but it looks like CZ Bern will be coming for 7.62x39mm and the x51mm is till open and under evaluation. Lets see. NOTHING IS CONFIRM OF 100% OFFICIAL TILL NOW.
the CZ is OK but i like the SCAR better. so if we get a new rifle, my question is if the rifle is going to be bare or is it going to have optics, adjustable stocks, fore grips and other attachments on it. is the Pakistan army gonna give every solider a weapon with loaded attachments like the Americans or is Pakistan gonna keep it simple and give everyone a bare rifle?

Back
Top Bottom