What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters

Just see how the guy handles scar heavy, what an accuracy even though the recoil of 7.62*51mm is heavy but he still controls it and shoots incredibly.

Awesome weapon as its modular thus can be easily shifted from nato 7.62 With just slight changes to 7.62*39mm.

If this gets selected it can cover all our requirements of assault rifle, cqb reqd, desig sniper rifle and even replace ak47s.

Last edited:
I have never seen SSG with G3. Type 56 was being used by SSG but than M4 arrived and now if you see all modern pictures of SSG taken in past one to two years you won't see any of them carrying Type 56. @DESERT FIGHTER can verify that as for AUG I really trying to remember where I saw SSG last time using that but may be some of them are in USE with SSGN. Although as for specially forces I think they should not have a standard weapon instead trained on as many Rifles as they can.
Ak47 variants still in use. M4s cant do what AK47s can do.

Plus they have non chinese versions of ak47s as desert fighter said.

Ak47 variants still in use. M4s cant do what AK47s can do.

Plus they have non chinese versions of ak47s as desert fighter said.
Sir in past two years in every SSG picture there is only M4. M4 seems to be new love for SSG. From that I have realized that SSG or Army had no love for 7.62 X 39 caliber only thing was after WOT specially the most easy access to a rifle they had for good CQB was type 56 so they went for that

Just see how the guy handles scar heavy, what an accuracy even though the recoil of 7.62*51mm is heavy but he still controls it and shoots incredibly.

Awesome weapon as its modular thus can be easily shifted from nato 7.62 With just slight changes to 7.62*39mm.

If this gets selected it can cover all our requirements of assault rifle, cqb reqd, desig sniper rifle and even replace ak47s.
Exactly Sir it offers various versions in all calibers and in fact soon 7.62 X 39 SCAR is also arriving

5.56 have proven itself to be lacking power, it do not have that "take-out" effect that Pakistan army look for. We do not use three round burst to take down our target. 7.62 is perfectly suit our needs and that is why PA is only looking at 7.62 and 5.56 was not even considered for this new rifle procurement.

As for developing our own gun, thing to note here is that whatever gun we will purchase will come with ToT and a license to export so essentially we can get all the goods from this gun that we can get from a locally developed gun. Still as i mentioned a few months back, there still were some people, sitting in places that matter that wanted a locally developed gun but it was some 15-18 months ago (discussed in a casual meeting with someone). Will we still pursue it, i don't think so. The reason being the fact that we can get we can ask for from this G3 replacement deal.
so is there a replacement for the G3 currently. I like want the scar because its modular and 7.62 but it is kind of expensive

M4s are good for urban warfare, house to house thing. For mountainous terrain of our fata region ak47s are preferred as 5.56 lack the range and stopping power.

Every week see ssg guys moving towards fata areas and they have most of the times ak47s. M4 are rare.

And zarvan, ak47s are in service much much before wot even started. For decades ak47s has been the primary weapon for ssg guys.

Desert fighter said contrary to what u nd i are saying

Sir in past two years in every SSG picture there is only M4. M4 seems to be new love for SSG. From that I have realized that SSG or Army had no love for 7.62 X 39 caliber only thing was after WOT specially the most easy access to a rifle they had for good CQB was type 56 so they went for that

Exactly Sir it offers various versions in all calibers and in fact soon 7.62 X 39 SCAR is also arriving

I can confirm that ssg has both type 56 and m4 with the latter being used for cqb ops while the former is used for longer range conflicts with shipping sights fore grip and laser

I can confirm that ssg has both type 56 and m4 with the latter being used for cqb ops while the former is used for longer range conflicts with shipping sights fore grip and laser

Dude exactly what I said in a previous post. Sans the G-3 maybe.

"5.56 remains in SSG arsenal for special purpose and a particular environment. Mostly with ATUs like Zarrar. Other guns including type 56 and G3 and AUG still serve with SSG. And again that is due to special purposes and mission requirements."

Dude exactly what I said in a previous post. Sans the G-3 maybe.

"5.56 remains in SSG arsenal for special purpose and a particular environment. Mostly with ATUs like Zarrar. Other guns including type 56 and G3 and AUG still serve with SSG. And again that is due to special purposes and mission requirements."
Explain this to hazrat [emoji38], kudos

Nope, just found that video on YouTube and share it here.

It's said in other video that CZ is not just showing CZ Bren 2 but PDW and Machine gun too.
I was the first to post this video many pages back and Good God did our Hazrat begin to have Misfire in his cylinders, All sorts of steam was coming out of his engine, hell even Horus got involved which is usually not like him.

have a look!:D

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/paki...competition-2016.426049/page-243#post-9348124

Nope, just found that video on YouTube and share it here.

It's said in other video that CZ is not just showing CZ Bren 2 but PDW and Machine gun too.
YES they showed but after that no progress there also. It seem even Baluchistan Police is not interested in getting CZ most likely Army told them about there results

so is there a replacement for the G3 currently. I like want the scar because its modular and 7.62 but it is kind of expensive
Well the whole thread is about that replacement project. :)
We are looking to replace our G3 and Type 56.

The gun in 7.62x39 category is almost final now and awaits formal contract signatures and all (unless something big happen)
7.62x51mm is wide open with SCAR being the first recommendation but now new rifles were brought in as well so no one can be certain about what is happening in that category.

Back
Top Bottom