What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
HK, Colt, SIG, Remington, Bushmaster, Daewoo, Norinco, FAMAE...US is actively looking for a newer round and is researching caseless ammo. The HK433 is not intended for the military market.
I stand corrected, but a fair number of major OEMs responded. Also, aren't Colt, Remington and Bushmaster based out of the US? That could be a factor on them not showing up, especially with Pakistan's ToT and re-marketing/sales needs.

I think even when POF chose G-3, it was not the best at that time either. If SCAR is not the best, even that doesn't make it unfit for the next service rifle of PA.
BTW my sixth sense is telling me that next rifle be coming from Italy or Russia, not Belgium.
Indeed I remember one of the senior members Blain mentioning this a few years back, apparently the M-16 performed the best and was the preferred weapon though for political and financial reasons G-3 was selected.

Indeed I remember one of the senior members Blain mentioning this a few years back, apparently the M-16 performed the best and was the preferred weapon though for political and financial reasons G-3 was selected.

g3 is the round that was needed. one can quibble whether the FAL could've been chosen.

I stand corrected, but a fair number of major OEMs responded. Also, aren't Colt, Remington and Bushmaster based out of the US? That could be a factor on them not showing up, especially with Pakistan's ToT and re-marketing/sales needs.
Even if SCAR gets selected we have massive Police Force to equip and also we have much bigger market to cover I think we should look for two more Rifle series if we can get export permission for them and produce them in Pakistan. We can earn billions if we offer Range

Even if SCAR gets selected we have massive Police Force to equip and also we have much bigger market to cover I think we should look for two more Rifle series if we can get export permission for them and produce them in Pakistan. We can earn billions if we offer Range
I believe if we are going to go for a universal rifle, look to co produce on ewith foreign vendors on pakistani specs as JV

what year it was and can u shed more light on this matter

Heckler Koch 417 suits all types of needs
For last time I am telling you HK-417 didn't come because Germany doesn't allow its companies to sell weapons to non NATO countries. How many times we have to tell you that ??????????

The selection will happen post Q2 and all folks here will continue to claim to have the inside scoop; which is rather dirty and puts the brass in a bad light.

The selection will happen post Q2 and all folks here will continue to claim to have the inside scoop; which is rather dirty and puts the brass in a bad light.
W
What you said ?

what year it was and can u shed more light on this matter
I should imagine sometime in the 70s and I was referring too comments made by a senior member who has retired from the forum, he really new his stuff as they say.Kudos

For last time I am telling you HK-417 didn't come because Germany doesn't allow its companies to sell weapons to non NATO countries. How many times we have to tell you that ??????????
On this we can agree as their is ample evidence to back your claim.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom