What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
haven't seen Bren with X51 ammo ... Although a pic would've been nice ...

14" will be too short for our eastern front ... 16" is standard barrel Although it should be good if they introduce long barrel like 20" as well ..

Article also states that for PA X39 is being offered
To replace sniper rifle? :o::o:

Zarvan mate you are placing a huge burden on your brain and you should rest, this Rifle replacement is become far too personal for you.

I said roughly the same thing but Hazrat @Zarvan just doesn't understand that because of personal lust of a certain system! Regardless good try but it still falls short
Bhai I have clarified it to you and I am saying it for last time. BREN was only participating in 7.62 x 39 caliber assault rifle for 7.62 x 51 SCAR H and Berreta ARX 200 are shortlisted and one would come.

Bhai I have clarified it to you and I am saying it for last time. BREN was only participating in 7.62 x 39 caliber assault rifle for 7.62 x 51 SCAR H and Berreta ARX 200 are shortlisted and one would come.
Hazrat, what if none of these are chosen and new trials begin? are you mentally prepared for that?

Hazrat, what if none of these are chosen and new trials begin? are you mentally prepared for that?
I can't say if that happens but until now talks are on for G3 replacement with SCAR H and Berreta and one would come most probably. There are no indications that we may go for another process.

This article (link - thanks @JohnEurope) says that there are 7.62x51 mm BREN 2s with 14" and 16" barrels:

"CZ BREN 2 v "sovětské ráži" má stejně dlouhé hlavně, mimo nejkratší, ta začíná na délce 9". Existuje také verze CZ BREN 2 pro náboj 7,62×51 NATO s 14" a 16“ hlavní."

English (Google Translate):

CZ BREN 2 in the "Soviet caliber" has the same length barrel, off short, it starts on the length of 9 ". There is also a version of the CZ BREN 2 charge for 7.62 × 51 NATO with 14" and 16 "barrel.

http://www.armadninoviny.cz/utocna-puska-cz-bren-2-novy-pristup-nove-mysleni.html

Same link I cited in post #1 to create this thread. You didn't notice ? o_O

Shibli ought to consider getting into the reflexive sights/red-dot sight business.

Shibli is new into the business and I don't expect they will expand much (in the short-term).

Brother SCAR H and Berreta ARX 200 are participating for replacing G3 and BREN was participating to replace Type 56. I was also confused till yesterday but friend has cleared the confusion now. Type 56 replacement has been selected that is CZ 807 BREN and for G3 talks are still taking place

k thanks for clearing it up

I personally don't think that we will purchase two rifles, Bren is the favourite and is very flexible in producing different configurations for different roles.

I may be wrong, but I don't think so.

When I look at quality of product, price, growth potential, licence production, unless the others can match CZ in the full spectrum. Then Bren for the win.

I personally don't think that we will purchase two rifles, Bren is the favourite and is very flexible in producing different configurations for different roles.

I may be wrong, but I don't think so.

When I look at quality of product, price, growth potential, licence production, unless the others can match CZ in the full spectrum. Then Bren for the win.
Sir according to a friend who is also on this forum in fact one of the main Guys of forum told me two days ago that there were two tenders from day one. One was to replace G3 and one was to replace Type 56. BREN was only participating in one that is Type 56 replacement and has own that. Talks for G3 replacement are on and Berreta ARX 200 and SCAR H are two contenders in talks with Pakistan for that.

Sir according to a friend who is also on this forum in fact one of the main Guys of forum told me two days ago that there were two tenders from day one. One was to replace G3 and one was to replace Type 56. BREN was only participating in one that is Type 56 replacement and has own that. Talks for G3 replacement are on and Berreta ARX 200 and SCAR H are two contenders in talks with Pakistan for
Sir according to a friend who is also on this forum in fact one of the main Guys of forum told me two days ago that there were two tenders from day one. One was to replace G3 and one was to replace Type 56. BREN was only participating in one that is Type 56 replacement and has own that. Talks for G3 replacement are on and Berreta ARX 200 and SCAR H are two contenders in talks with Pakistan for that.

Only 1 rifle will be licence produced, we cannot afford to produce 2 rifles. Funds have to be used for new wheeled IFV, MRAP, SPA, Helicopter Gunships etc

Only 1 rifle will be licence produced, we cannot afford to produce 2 rifles. Funds have to be used for new wheeled IFV, MRAP, SPA, Helicopter Gunships etc
I think the SCAR-H or ARX-200 could come, but as small batch orders for specific units, such as SSG. I don't think we wouldn't see two competing rifle platforms produced at POF. Besides cost, there is also the issue of competitive conflict-of-interest, why would FN Herstal, CZ, or Beretta part with export licenses when POF will also be producing and marketing the rifle of their competitor?

On the other hand, there is a chance we could see two rifle platforms manufactured in Pakistan, but only one would be done by POF. The other rifle would have to be made under license by a separate private sector company.

To produce the SCAR-H or ARX-200 under license, the local company will have to invest a lot in building-up a proper manufacturing site. This firm will also be competing with POF for domestic and overseas orders. But then again, if Zarvan is saying that the G-3 will be replaced by the SCAR-H or ARX-200, then in my view, this is the only way it can happen: POF will make the BREN and a private Pakistani gun manufacturer will make the SCAR-H/ARX-200.

It wouldn't be the strangest situation. If replacing the G-3s alone requires even 100,000 rifles, there's scale. The issue would be the presence of a capable manufacturing site at Pakistan (other than POF).

Last edited:
I think the SCAR-H or ARX-200 could come, but as small batch orders for specific units, such as SSG. I don't think we wouldn't see two competing rifle platforms produced at POF. Besides cost, there is also the issue of competitive conflict-of-interest, why would FN Herstal, CZ, or Beretta part with export licenses when POF will also be producing and marketing the rifle of their competitor?

On the other hand, there is a chance we could see two rifle platforms manufactured in Pakistan, but only one would be done by POF. The other rifle would have to be made under license by a separate private sector company.

To produce the SCAR-H or ARX-200 under license, the local company will have to invest a lot in building-up a proper manufacturing site. This firm will also be competing with POF for domestic and overseas orders. But then again, if Zarvan is saying that the G-3 will be replaced by the SCAR-H or ARX-200, then in my view, this is the only way it can happen: POF will make the BREN and a private Pakistani gun manufacturer will make the SCAR-H/ARX-200.

It wouldn't be the strangest situation. If replacing the G-3s alone requires even 100,000 rifles, there's scale. The issue would be the presence of a capable manufacturing site at Pakistan (other than POF).

Sir we are looking for G3 replacement. And our special forces don't use G3 and even test special forces tested the rifles more as part of formality. Main tests were done with infantry units. We very well would see two parallel assault rifles being produced at POF. First reason is not only we would get them with TOT but also permission to export them. Secondly we already have habit of using more than one weapon. Most countries use one Tank we use several of them we in the past have operated 4 to 5 fighter jets many countries don't do it. And the list goes on and on. Still I am waiting for the news from the guy cleared the situation about which rifle was competing for who to give me news as it comes. I mean news for G3 replacement

First of all, I´m Czech, so I lobbing for BREN, but...
...I don´t see only one reason, why the PA have to adopt two different types of assault/battle rifles. So if the CZ offer assault rifles, battle rifles, DMR as well, why buy two different rifles? Of course, we still talking only about technical, economic, industry and logistic issues.

In "assault BREN" and "battle BREN" PA got very similar weapons, with same logistic footprint. Soldiers can migrate between both rifles, without extra training. If soldiers carry both weapon, enemy can not easy recognise, which one soldier carry "assault BREN" or "Battle BREN", even "DMR BREN". And guys with battle rifles (or DMR) are top priority targets for enemies troops.

One of the most important issue is sustainability. The top priority for the PA (In my opinion) have to be sustain the maximum numbers of assault/battle rifles "combat ready" - everywhere, every-time, in all thinkable situations. Of course with the minimum cost and minimum logistic footprint.

So, I really don´t see only one reason (of course, i´m not talking about political issues) why PA need two (or more) types of small arms.

One type of assault rifles, battles rifles, DMR, short carbine, etc. substantially enhance combat effective of PA soldiers and reduce logistic footprint (costs, organizational challenges, spare parts, tools, etc.) and simplify training.

Back
Top Bottom