What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
It would be naive to think that corruption would not be involved in defense procurement. As long as the selection has merits a couple million here or there is acceptable.

Corruption is quite less in defense procurement in Pakistan. It's in other sectors where corrupt officers make money

@Arsalan @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @RAMPAGE @balixd @That Guy

I was wondering,is corruption and bribery widespread when it comes to PA's acquisitions ? I was wondering if this could be a factor in the final choice ?
I can only speculate.

PA is known to be the least corrupt institute within Pakistan, but they are still prone to corrupt practices. There have always been accusations that some acquisitions that PA has made in the past were a direct result of bribery, but those have never been proven.

Will it affect this competition? I want to say unlikely, but I honestly don't know.

The biggest problem is that no one will question the end result, precisely because the army is so powerful. If corruption ends up influencing the end result, you can bet that no one will say a word, and any evidence of it will be destroyed.

@Arsalan @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @RAMPAGE @balixd @That Guy

I was wondering,is corruption and bribery widespread when it comes to PA's acquisitions ? I was wondering if this could be a factor in the final choice ?
It is there but i wont say it is "wide spread". Plus the MAJOR cases of corruption in military procurement have involved civilian Government. The notorious case of Agosta 90B submarines or the Mirage planes have involved Asif Zardari and Nicolas Sarkozi, both politicians.

I do not think this will be the case in the service rifle procurement. It is mainly based on performance and after sales services and side benefits like in house production, getting involved in parts supply, becoming a registered supplier, stuff like that.

It is there but i wont say it is "wide spread". Plus the MAJOR cases of corruption in military procurement have involved civilian Government. The notorious case of Agosta 90B submarines or the Mirage planes have involved Asif Zardari and Nicolas Sarkozi, both politicians.

I do not think this will be the case in the service rifle procurement. It is mainly based on performance and after sales services and side benefits like in house production, getting involved in parts supply, becoming a registered supplier, stuff like that.
Indeed. Comprehensive requirements - e.g. a large number of rifles plus technology transfer and possibly offsets - basically open the doors to a larger number of stakeholders. The process might slow down (e.g. India), but with many parties you could get more accountability.

A few interesting prospects from good ol' Norinco:

Next-generation 5.8 mm rifle being tested:
NGAR.jpg

Upgraded Type 03 variants come in many forms, including this one:
T03.jpg

... or this one:
QBZ03_2.jpg

... or this one:
22516105_1000_1000.jpg

Some old designs are granted a second life, such as this Type 95:
ZfoYBVa.jpg

... or this venerable Type 81, now dubbed "CS/LR14":
Chinese NAR-10  CSLR14 Assault Rifle (7).jpg

And, for those turning the doors on the past, the Star Wars-esque ZH-05:
1440078626.jpg

A few interesting prospects from good ol' Norinco:

Next-generation 5.8 mm rifle being tested:
View attachment 333319

Upgraded Type 03 variants come in many forms, including this one:
View attachment 333318

... or this one:
View attachment 333320

... or this one:
View attachment 333331

Some old designs are granted a second life, such as this Type 95:
View attachment 333321

... or this venerable Type 81, now dubbed "CS/LR14":
View attachment 333322

And, for those turning the doors on the past, the Star Wars-esque ZH-05:
View attachment 333327
I don't think any Chinese Rifle is part of the trials but China needs to focus more on small arms. China can capture lot of smalls market in Africa and South American as well as Muslim countries

14330068_604596783055337_3993933281080033366_n.jpg

@Arsalan @balixd @RAMPAGE I have checked their profiles Nusherwan father is Brigadier and Osama also looks like son of some Army Officer so any news guys. Personally I have messaged them waiting for their answer

I talked to the guy and realized despite being from Army family guy has no clue on trials
Too bad.

It sounded dubious anyway, so I'm not sad about it.

At this point, it isn't clear who is going to be the clear winner.

I said I would get info on the guns, the current situation according to my source is this: 1) money is not an issue, any weapon can be chosen. 2) Army wants to get a modular weapon: lightweight, multicalibre, reliable as compared to G3. 3) G3 is leading in terms of accuracy and reliability. 4) results were supposed to be announced in July but weren't because they weren't conclusive and another winter trial was announced.

This was the message by a reliable friend who messaged me few minutes ago
@Arsalan @Quwa @RAMPAGE and others

Back
Top Bottom