What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Even those terrorists are well trained and better motivated than any conventional army

No these things are not enough.

In all seriousness we should at least try to procure a bull pup rifle they are extremely accurate and light weight

Bull pup can't work for large scale conventional armies like ours with different terrains good for spec ops

Any news as of yet ?

I'm liking the M77 more and more for the general infantry. Fal-mod like top rail. Wonder if zastava can bring down the weight a little more and develope a galil type sight and nozzle.

SF is always going to get the particular guns they want, but for general infantry ease of use, cost, and reliability are going to be the parameters.

M21 is 556 whereas the m77 is 762nato.

What do you think people does the PA just want like cheap guns for general infantry ,SCAR like expensive guns for say troops like Light commando bats which they are going to increase in numbers soon ?

What do you think people does the PA just want like cheap guns for general infantry ,SCAR like expensive guns for say troops like Light commando bats which they are going to increase in numbers soon ?
Pakistan never opts for cheap option. Even when we selected G3 51 years ago it was not a cheap option but selecting the best Gun means you don't have to invest for next few decades.

Pakistani opted for multipal rifles Like Ak-103, Few thousand Scars and rest of the troops Infantry will continue with G.3 for at least 10 more years.

Pakistani opted for multipal rifles Like Ak-103, Few thousand Scars and rest of the troops Infantry will continue with G.3 for at least 10 more years.
Your source ? Yes G3 will continue for one decade because replace all G3 will take at least a decade. And yes we may opt for two Guns but both will be adopted in large numbers not few thousand

i think we should go for this gun what do you say @Zarvan .its cheap has rails looks reliable enough with our enemy having rifle like INSAS all other option will be over kill don't you think:agree:

No India is gonna replace its INSAS with this DRDO Multi Caliber Rifle
CqClKNb.jpg

DRDO_MC_Rifle.jpg

Dear little brother don't tease me....i am serving member ..rest ....what can i say

Time...wait and watch Sir....
Okay that's good but Sir I know lot of service member who have no clue about many things and those outside Army know. But G3 has to and will go. It's 51 year old weapon and has its limitations and every new attempt to upgrade it is only increasing weight of G3.

Dear Zarvan I am infantry man i am not that technical but G.3 passed his/her time but since we have budget issues plus licensed production at home issue we can't adopt standard issue rifle since Scar refuses home production only option left bren and HK...
No Sir SCAR is offering home production so is other Guns only AK-103 has questions. SCAR offered TOT from day one

Dear Zarvan I am infantry man i am not that technical but G.3 passed his/her time but since we have budget issues plus licensed production at home issue we can't adopt standard issue rifle since Scar refuses home production only option left bren and HK...
And you need to ask Military leadership that why on earth they are not testing HK-417

Back
Top Bottom