What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
@balixd @DESERT FIGHTER

Why is this Malaysian company selling POF products? o_O

http://dcssb.com.my/?page_id=308

dd.PNG
hh.PNG

I wonder how well the G3S did compared to other 7.76 NATO rifles.

@balixd @Zarvan
Right there on top!!
EXCELLENT range with great accuracy and extremely reliable.
No need to mention the power of this beast.

G3 is a proven battlefield rifle and surely it have something in to be serving for over 50 years now!

Right there on top!!
EXCELLENT range with great accuracy and extremely reliable.
No need to mention the power of this beast.

G3 is a proven battlefield rifle and surely it have something in to be serving for over 50 years now!
The upgraded G3M right? This one?

RIFLE-G3M.jpg

The upgraded G3M right? This one?

RIFLE-G3M.jpg
G3 is the decades old reliable gun. All variants came at different times based on needs of the customer and the developments/progress in technology. Through these timely upgrades and variants it is safe to praise G3 in general and that is what i did in the initial post. :)

G3 is the decades old reliable gun. All variants came at different times based on needs of the customer and the developments/progress in technology. Through these timely upgrades and variants it is safe to praise G3 in general and that is what i did in the initial post. :)
I was wondering if the contestant rifles offer any significant improvements over the latest G3M with the new muzzle break and improved trigger.

I was wondering if the contestant rifles offer any significant improvements over the latest G3M with the new muzzle break and improved trigger.
They do actually, there is this fact that no matter what, G3M is a design based on G3 after decades of improvements, one wonders if this is just as good as you can get from a 1950s design. The new guns on other hand are all very new designs and will be able to serve us for decades to come. G3 and its variants might have just reached there full potential already. Also there is the weight advantage, accuracy and less recoil that is to be considered. All in all it will be good if we opt to change the service rifle and start working on that now. As far as the information i was able to get so far, the process will be a dozen year or so long. There is this initial selection and then there is a stop before decision is made for future. If that same selected gun is to be continued with, that will take relatively lesser stoppage. However if at that point a decision is made to change it and select something other that will actually replace the gun for whole military then that will mean a much longer stop. IN short, it will take a lot of time to eventually see all our military equipped with a new modern rifle!

Back
Top Bottom