What's new

Pakistan's Nuclear Submarine Development | News and Discussions

Pakistan isnt and probably wont develop a 'nuclear powered' submarine.
At best Pakistan will (or already has) arm the existing Agosta subs with Babur missiles.
The sub isnt large enough for vertical launch although a vertical launch system was in the making.
But the sub can fire a 'canisterized' Babur missile through her existing Torpedo tubes...
No evedence yet of canisterization of Babur for Sub launch but its a very real and 'doable' option.
The restriction again is the sub's small size..
At best each Agosta can carry 2-4 Babur missiles as Nuclear deterrants or land attack conventional role.
Even then with 4 Agosta?? PN can have 12-16 cruise missiles out there in the sea for assured second strike or surprize land attack capability.

Back to the small size of Agosta..
Arming the sub with Babur will mean sacruficing its normal antiship role and less torpedos..
So it may not be that all 4 subs remain armed with Babur..
PN may arm some..
Still the total of 8-10 Babur with multi kiloton warheads will be a formidable second strike capability.

What did I ask? A simple question
What did you reply? fjasojfsgh;alfj

Please read again what did I ask and reply accordingly.

soo u r thinking that a nuclear sub will attack ships and subs??
well chk out 65 war..
PN ghazi reached inside mumbai harbor...
well 2ns strike capability is not just for india..
And missile range is more than 700km so subs dont have to get in enemy range...
and if they had to then first all threats would be countered...
now u wouldnot get ur nuclear sub into enemy water....
i hope u would have now be clear...:unsure:

well chk out 65 war..
PN ghazi reached inside delhi harbor...

Delhi has a harbor????:blink:

Another proof of pakistani intelligence. Nothing left to discuss. All hail pakistani delusional fanboys:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

i-see-stupid-people.jpg

That distance wont be workable to sink or partially destroy the sub, its too far a distance.....

Shut up you idiot. Delhi has a harbor now. You Indian Brahmins don't know anything other than to oppress dalits. Zaid Hamid will soon play radio pakistan from Red Fort. Count your days Indian. PNS Ghazi is coming again.

Delhi has a harbor????:blink:

Another proof of pakistani intelligence. Nothing left to discuss. All hail pakistani delusional fanboys:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

well i confused delhi with mumbai....
yeah!! delhi can be destroyed frm sea as it would be in range...
and subs hadnot to come in range of yoyr ships as the range if missile is beleived to be 700km+ and would be 900+ in future...
soo with this capability we also wouldbe able to nuke mumbai harbor with all your assets..
and chk out who is saying that em a fan boy..:rofl:
that man according to him tha Raad(an air launched cruise missile) and Nasr(battle ground non conventional missile) arena being intregated with subs...:lol:
u really need a better professor maybe need to spend more amount on medicines to strengthen your brain...
Just don't talk when you don't have knowledge..:coffee:

There will be a path from sea to inland , once the nukes go off and leave back channels thru which water will surge inland

How? Are you saying that after that nukes will open up a path to Delhi via the sea?

I just have one question, are you serious?

well i confused delhi with mumbai....
yeah!! delhi can be destroyed frm sea as it would be in range...
and subs hadnot to come in range of yoyr ships as the range if missile is beleived to be 700km+ and would be 900+ in future...
soo with this capability we also wouldbe able to nuke mumbai harbor with all your assets..
and chk out who is saying that em a fan boy..:rofl:
that man according to him tha Raad(an air launched cruise missile) and Nasr(battle ground non conventional missile) arena being intregated with subs...:lol:
u really need a better professor maybe need to spend more amount on medicines to strengthen your brain...
Just don't talk when you don't have knowledge..:coffee:

Of course I need to spend more on medicines, otherwise I will miss the latest developments around the world such as Delhi building a new harbor.

well chk out 65 war..

jeez update your geography Delhi does not have any harbor its freaking more then 2500 kms away from the sea ! its a land lock city beneath himachal Pradesh surrounded by haryana in the south & west & u.p in the east :hitwall:

& in the 65 war it was not mumbai harbor but a naval raid on dwarka in gujrat

Pakistan isnt and probably wont develop a 'nuclear powered' submarine.
At best Pakistan will (or already has) arm the existing Agosta subs with Babur missiles.
The sub isnt large enough for vertical launch although a vertical launch system was in the making.
But the sub can fire a 'canisterized' Babur missile through her existing Torpedo tubes...
No evedence yet of canisterization of Babur for Sub launch but its a very real and 'doable' option.
The restriction again is the sub's small size..
At best each Agosta can carry 2-4 Babur missiles as Nuclear deterrants or land attack conventional role.
Even then with 4 Agosta?? PN can have 12-16 cruise missiles out there in the sea for assured second strike or surprize land attack capability.

Back to the small size of Agosta..
Arming the sub with Babur will mean sacruficing its normal antiship role and less torpedos..
So it may not be that all 4 subs remain armed with Babur..
PN may arm some..
Still the total of 8-10 Babur with multi kiloton warheads will be a formidable second strike capability.

Makes absolutely no difference to India. India did not have the capability to wipe out Pakistani nukes in a first strike scenario in any case. So if Pakistan has to attack India using TNW's, it doesnt matter whether it comes from sea or land.

But in all honesty, this submarine launched nuke would be the least secure nuke of Pakistan. Its a conventional submarine and so cannot stay away from a port for long period of time. Ergo it will remain close to Pakistani ports considering that it would have nuclear weapons on board. It would also need to be defended by other Pakistani naval assets. Which would again make for easy identification. Nothing game changer about it by any stretch of imagination.

Hunting the entire PN is less than a cake walk for IN. The land based nukes of Pakistan are more survivable. They can traverse Pakistan's land area as they are mobile. And in anycase it is almost certain that IN would be parked off the Pakistani shore in any war in a short time, whereas IA will take a huge time if at all it has to traverse Pakistan, by which time Pakistan's nuclear threshold will have already been crossed.

I think its more a liability than an asset.

Shut up you idiot. Delhi has a harbor now. You Indian Brahmins don't know anything other than to oppress dalits. Zaid Hamid will soon play radio pakistan from Red Fort. Count your days Indian. PNS Ghazi is coming again.

He meant bombay and respect PNS GHAZI it sank ur khurki and seriously damaged others and besides took part in Ops Dwarka.

He meant bombay and respect PNS GHAZI it sank ur khurki and seriously damaged others and besides took part in Ops Dwarka.

I have no probkems with PNS Ghazi. But he said that Delhi has a f*cking harbor, how can you not find this funny?

PS: Even if he meant Mumbai, he was wrong about PNS Ghazi reaching Mumbai harbor.

When did this happen? Are most Pakistanis, this clueless about their naval affairs.

The Most PNS Ghazi was able to in it service to Pakistan, was to falsely claim merit to, sinking INS Brahmaputra in 1965 war, but to utter embarrassment Pakistani Navy, the Indian frigate was paraded in full colors, after the war was over.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom