What's new

Pakistan's Nuclear Submarine Development | News and Discussions

Hi,

When it is underwater----there is no radiation first of all--secondly---the enemy base does not know what happened to its sub---they just simply disappeared---thirdly---when you are facing a bigger and numerous enemy underwater---torpedoes with miniature nucs will just crush the opposition---for every ying---there has to be a yang---.

Just like the su30---to face the usaf---the russian built the bvr truck---similiarly---they could not compete with the u s subs---they came up with the shkvaal----.

Are there any parallels for your proposition in service in the present or the past with some other navies out there ?

Vcheng lives.

Hi,

Thank you for your post. The u s navy has re-developed these to a newer version in the late 90's and further enhanced them in the 21st century---. Shkvaal is a major concern for the western navies and they have to have something for a massive counterpunch.

Vcheng lives.

Hi,

Thank you for your post. The u s navy has re-developed these to a newer version in the late 90's and further enhanced them in the 21st century---. Shkvaal is a major concern for the western navies and they have to have something for a massive counterpunch.

Don't you think the International Community would go ape-sh*t on us if they see Pakistan not only going for a strategic nuclear triad but also a tactical nuclear one with the Al-Nasrs, the Ra'ad & now a nuclear-tipped Torpedo.

That said, I like the idea ! A single Agosta Armed with these could possibly hold off an entire Indian flotilla at the periphery of the Arabian Sea & deny them a chance to blockade us. Imagine what 5 of them could do with possibly even the Surface Ships carrying these. Perhaps even a naval variant of the Al-Nasr could be looked into as well.

Don't you think the International Community would go ape-sh*t on us if they see Pakistan not only going for a strategic nuclear triad but also a tactical nuclear one with the Al-Nasrs, the Ra'ad & now a nuclear-tipped Torpedo.

That said, I like the idea ! A single Agosta Armed with these could possibly hold off an entire Indian flotilla at the periphery of the Arabian Sea & deny them a chance to blockade us. Imagine what 5 of them could do with possibly even the Surface Ships carrying these. Perhaps even a naval variant of the Al-Nasr could be looked into as well.

International community is already apesh**t on us......and thats not goint to change any time sooner.....

we are in a situation that we should stop thinking what the international community thinks about us and start thinking whats best for us...

On topic....The nation needs periodic morale boost and these weapon systems hae done the job for decades....
A nuclear submarine being inducted in PN..shown on TV will boost the morale of the whole country,that’s for sure....

Hi,

The thing with submarine weapons systems is that nobody needs to know what you have till it is needed---. You never talk about what your subs can do and what their capabilities are. You don't talk about your nuc tipped weapons systems.

International community? I think only the Faux news would have any issues. They worry more about the world than the impending crisis back home. Europeans don't give a shyt, considering the muck they are in themselves, Chinese don't care, nor do the Russians. Japanese, Koreans, who else? No one will have issues. Except maybe India. But then that's the whole agenda, to give them ulcers, from putting excessive masala in their Biryani (with the help of ISI, of course) to Nuke tipped torpedoes.
:cheesy:

how? i think they r more expensive to build n complex if we look at their nuke tip.

depth charges r easy to build n make i think as compared to them!!!!
they are expensive but they are easy to use you can use them from miles away
depth charges ........................

they are expensive but they are easy to use you can use them from miles away
depth charges ........................

if we leave out this range issue, then what else is there left for their use here.
The Aerial Recce aircrafts like P3c Orion can take care of it as well as our Choppers for Navy n Naval air army.
As we know we struggle from finance issues so why not to go for these!!!!
Depth charges like nuke depth bombs/charges....

Vcheng lives.

Hi,

I have used up all my nine lives already. :D

Of course there are newer versions, but I wanted to give an idea of just how long nuclear torpedoes have already existed.

Just wait after PPP government,where we were experiencing higher growth than you. So you cannot call Pakistan a sad story, every nation has it's ups and downs, we will be getting out of this misery by 2013, just check Pakistan's economic history

Time has come. Next month is last month of the government, then taker care government will remain for few weeks for election.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom