What's new

Pakistan's Nuclear Assets wont be a secret anymore.

It may not be a entirely bad thing, As the halls of SPD are lined with stories of MASSIVE corruption ...and with zero accountability along with the "holier than thou" status of the people and organization involved it makes it a financial black hole that needs to be investigated.

The halls are lined with stories of massive corruption? Specifics, please?

For the sake of argument, however, let us take that allegation as a given - you also believe that this is a financial black hole that needs to be investigated. Investigated by the PPP Government? The same one which has doubled Pakistan's public debt in five years? The one which is led by someone with an international record of financial misappropriation?

You are, in effect, calling for a bunch of thieves to be investigated by an even bigger bunch of thieves. And this, in your opinion, may not entirely be a bad thing?

The US also has black projects whose details are known to a very few... but the budget for these projects is very clear cut in terms of how much has been allotted for them.

What is the betting that the proposed audit of the SPD will not merely stop at being clear cut in terms of how much has been allotted, but will attempt instead to be as intrusive as possible?

The only thing SECRET about Pakistan's nuclear assets now is the exact location of all of them and the delivery systems currently in development.

Releasing information about financial expenses will only confirm the the estimate of amout and type of warheads currently being developed. Foreign intelligence agencies already know the estimated amount of in-service warheads, their types and probable locations.

For one, SPD (backed by THE Pakistan military) DOES NOT takes pressure from the Government. If SPD has decided to release the information to GoP, it must be for good and we should trust them with their decision. The last thing they would compromise on is the nuclear weapons security.

Investigated by the PPP Government? The same one which has doubled Pakistan's public debt in five years? The one which is led by someone with an international record of financial misappropriation?

This.
And regarding the audit on Pakistani nuclear assets,there are anti-Pakistan elements in the west that have a rather distasteful and sick fantasy of seeing Pakistani warheads to fall in the hands of terrorists.Some things are better left unknown and this audit will one way or another further the cause of those who want to see a Pakistani disarmament.

That doesn't means that secrecy of these assets will be leaked...by just checking of accounts books for auditing. They can only knew how much money was spent on which project and assets and where they are they are kept they might not know.

it will expose a lot of corruption into these organisations. There is a reason why our millitary is standing incompetent while extremist and political parties are running wild with weapons.

Looks like you gone hopeless & pessimistic too......:smokin:

My statements are merely based in reality, assessed honestly.

Pakistan has now fallen into the same trap that led to USSR's demise: trying to outspend larger opposing economies on weapons, based on obsolete understanding of its situation, while neglecting the development of its people and economy. I see no reasons that would lead one to conclude anything different.

The only thing SECRET about Pakistan's nuclear assets now is the exact location of all of them and the delivery systems currently in development.

Releasing information about financial expenses will only confirm the the estimate of amout and type of warheads currently being developed. Foreign intelligence agencies already know the estimated amount of in-service warheads, their types and probable locations.

For one, SPD (backed by THE Pakistan military) DOES NOT takes pressure from the Government. If SPD has decided to release the information to GoP, it must be for good and we should trust them with their decision. The last thing they would compromise on is the nuclear weapons security.
In the world of intelligence there is no place for TRUST.......:smokin:

My statements are merely based in reality, assessed honestly.

Pakistan has now fallen into the same trap that led to USSR's demise: trying to outspend larger opposing economies on weapons, based on obsolete understanding of its situation, while neglecting the development of its people and economy. I see no reasons that would lead one to conclude anything different.
Yea! I can agree with you here on the situation within our country. So what you see the future of the country? Are we going to face extinction like USSR or it will be just a myth??.......:smokin:

Yea! I can agree with you here on the situation within our country. So what you see the future of the country? Are we going to face extinction like USSR or it will be just a myth??.......:smokin:

That is not for me to say. Please ask this question of the TT and other leaders here and let them guide you.

That is not for me to say. Please ask this question of the TT and other leaders here and let them guide you.

Infact there is an article 2 days back by Ajai Shukla vis-a-vis India with China. It says the exact same thing - India must not fall in what he calls the 'Pakistan trap' - trying to match military spending with a bigger country and a bigger economy and relegate other aspects of the nation.
He has advocated using a mix of military and non military means to ensure no fight breaks out between the two.

Infact there is an article 2 days back by Ajai Shukla vis-a-vis India with China. It says the exact same thing - India must not fall in what he calls the 'Pakistan trap' - trying to match military spending with a bigger country and a bigger economy and relegate other aspects of the nation.
He has advocated using a mix of military and non military means to ensure no fight breaks out between the two.

Are you referring to this article:

http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/ajai-shukla-dont-fight-1962-all-over-again/489716/

India’s military, like every self-perpetuating bureaucracy, has made a convincing case for raising four new divisions to defend the eastern sector, including two divisions that will be part of a proposed mountain strike corps. The two defensive mountain divisions are already functional, while the mountain strike corps and an armoured brigade are currently being cleared.

But no amount of soldiers can provide a foolproof defence along hundreds of kilometres of rugged mountain terrain. And in raising division after division of defensive troops, India risks falling into the Pakistan trap: getting involved in a competitive military build-up against a giant neighbour that has far greater resources of money and military power.

All indications are that Pakistan will remain stuck in this trap and suffer the inevitable consequences.

You're assuming things won't change indefinitely.

Incorrect.

I am not making any assumptions that things will never change. I am only saying that there is no evidence as of yet that things will change. If and when there is any indication of evidence suggesting that substantive change is on its way, I will recognize it as part of my continuous evaluation.

Big difference.

Kaun jeetaa hai teri zulf kay seher honey tak?

All indications are that Pakistan will remain stuck in this trap and suffer the inevitable consequences.

Incorrect.

I am not making any assumptions that things will never change. I am only saying that there is no evidence as of yet that things will change. If and when there is any indication of evidence suggesting that substantive change is on its way, I will recognize it as part of my continuous evaluation.

Big difference.
I believe you are wrong here VCheng. It does appear that there is a change on part of Pakistan's approach to India. Whether that is attributable to the military or the political class or the circumstances is a different question altogether.

But change there is.

There is acknowledgement in Pakistani elite circles and military as well that Pakistan just does not have the wherewithal to be 'equal equal' to India as they were before and used to think before.
Or take back Kashmir even by indirect means. It is best to move on. This has only slowly started to come out.

Pakistan military knows full well that once there is trade liberalization, within a decade or maybe 1.5 decades, Pakistan will develop critical dependencies on India and to some extent visa-versa. Rolling it back will not be an option then. This will severely curtail Pakistan's ability or inclination to damage India militarily or economically. This is the reason they tried to hold back trade b/w India and Pakistan before.

This initself means a paradigm shift. As i said before - who is responsible for this is an entirely different question, but change in my view is happening substantially.

Back
Top Bottom