What's new

Pakistan's Nuclear Assets wont be a secret anymore.

This I agree with you here, last I heard your army had businesses worth $15 billion, this is of course as you pointed out "much beyond their professional job description"

At least these $15billion are not in some offshore bank, which we do not want to discuss.

The problem needs to be addressed with a third alternative.
We know that there are issues with security leaks when it comes to the civilian leadership, but an audit is very necessary.
A better approach is to have the NCA decide on the limits of where an audit will go.
for eg
Is it important to audit the amount spent on each warhead(hereby revealing the number)? Perhaps not.
But is it important to ask how much an organization like SPD spent on say services such as electricity for its installations(which has run up quite a bill) , employee welfare, non-classified purchases(bulbs , torches etc etc) and declared equipment.
A lot of the equipment purchases by SPD come on the international shipping records and are therefore pointless to be counted as classified. But were those needed at all?

for eg. ..if a department with a budget of Rs 3 million goes ahead and purchases a piece of electronic equipment worth 2.5 million when it has NO need for it and has since not used that equipment for over three years.. and that the purchase went through a certain Colonel Sb serving in SPD.. IS that not worth an audit.. or accountable?

A balanced but firm approach is needed, a team with integrity that has the ability to carry out its task without fear of "holy cows".
Perhaps its too much to ask.. but one can hope for miracles.

Currently.. its damned if you do it, damned if you don't.

I always imagined and admired DG SPD Khalid Kudwai strict administrative grip on SPD upper and lower level staff and always imagined under his watch we will not see such financial discrepancies. I think i was wrong and forgot reality is much more complex than what we imagine.

A far fetch conspiracy theory, he turned blind eye to such small corruptions so person can make enougn money and will not be tempted by bribes offered to him by foriegn agencies

How does it matter when the discussion is about their professional job description?

Shall we not discuss how army use its savings and how they secure their future!

Shall we not discuss... prospects of retirement funds and stock exchange vs. building factories.

Wonder, why you failed to digest a simple success.

Shall we not discuss how army use its savings and how they secure their future!

Shall we not discuss... prospects of retirement funds and stock exchange vs. building factories.

Wonder, why you failed to digest a simple success.

No need to go defensive, you pointed out that they had done much more that their mandate.. An army which has made the worst mistake im sure another mistake doesn't really count.. only the civic govt mistakes are seen..

I always imagined and admired DG SPD Khalid Kudwai strict administrative grip on SPD upper and lower level staff and always imagined under his watch we will not see such financial discrepancies. I think i was wrong and forgot reality is much more complex than what we imagine.

A far fetch conspiracy theory, he turned blind eye to such small corruptions so person can make enougn money and will not be tempted by bribes offered to him by foriegn agencies

What could be worse than that?!
Basically letting mediocrity and corruption thrive on the pretext that at least they stay loyal to Pakistan????:angry::eek:
I hope that is not true..

But if you do not know what you are doing, and refuse to hire the right people to tell you what to do.. or learn what to do..
then you arent going to be very good at it ..
No matter how long you have been at it.

This sums up the attitude of PA.

503 workshop goes for making a fire-tender, and fails miserably. And many more examples.

Emphasis is on doing everything in-house, no matter if it is third class and done by people who have no relative experience in the field.

.... reported to the proper overseeing authorities.

Which are...???

And does this audit restrict itself to SPD or other organizations are also included like PMO,SWD etc etc?

Which are...???

And does this audit restrict itself to SPD or other organizations are also included like PMO,SWD etc etc?

I am sure that a secure auditing organization can be created, if it does not exist already.

There are many things that are done with funds that are not provided by GoP. Revenue wants an audit of funds that is provided by GoP, it does not have a mandate beyond funds provided by GoP. There will be no surprises and no violations of state secrets.

I am sure that a secure auditing organization can be created, if it does not exist already.

I was talking about any setup that is currently operational.

There will still be a lot of things hidden under national security (some is needed), and some might come out. At the end of the day, if an audit occurs under a competent secure organization, i have no qualms about it.:)

Back
Top Bottom