What's new

Pakistan's Nuclear Assets wont be a secret anymore.

VCheng, to tell you the truth, i never wished a change even after ten years, but all i wanted was a change in the head who was leading.
sounds like you'd like to change the leader if you don't like him/his policies.
and you continue to prefer dictators instead of democracy.

uhmmm, ok?

My estimate of nearly 650 billion may be too small:

from: Military purse may be twice as large as budgeted – The Express Tribune

Like I said before, this situation cannot continue without dire consequences. It simply cannot.

With respect to WHAT exactly is your estimate??????????

While I estimate from your comments above that your understanding of basic accounting is surprisingly nil either you are deliberately spreading misinformation!

In any financial/budgetary forecasts, there is a factor for inflation to be accounted for ALWAYS!

Example; if you take loan in UK the interests is 1-3% and if you take loan in Pakistan the interest goes about 20-30%, reason is inflation forecast factor.
There has been 110% inflation only in last 3-4 years, where do you think that shall be adjust, while the size consumption mounts?

Let me tell you, current regime has taken 100 time more foreign loans and printed more currency notes than entire state budget.
This is the area,, what we need to control on priority, but only if you knew!

We loose more than defence budget in poor planning of civil regime, but that is only for clever people like me to point out!

uhmmm, ok?

I asked before: Just how does one "change" dictators? They do have a tendency to perpetuate their stranglehold on power almost by definition as long as able, don't they?

Once again, please let me remind you that I am not talking about any perceived fault or lack thereof.

I am simply saying that such a high rate of spending on defence is unsustainable. That is all.

It has sustained thus far.. why shall it not sustain tomorrow, when in reality inflation has decreased it from yester-years!!!!!?

We need to stop the outflow of Forex, doesn't matter how bad our cornflakes taste or JFT fare with Rafael.

We need to stop smuggling of goods, from across the border in order to add to sustainability.

We can also sustain by choosing, to control yearly flash floodings... only by highlighting, Indian water terrorism.

Ok, Fauji corn flakes were horrible.. they tasted like cardboard(and sadly even today after the much advertized revamp with swiss machines and what-not).
Frosties were ok.. but my favorite were ricicles.. which then disappeared from Pakistan..
But I saw them again in the UK a few days back..and nearly cried with joy.

Everybody's own choices perhaps!

The nukes need to be audited..
but am I happy with the likes of Hussain Haqqani auditing them... ??
or am I happy with the audit remaining with a khaki?
THAT is the big question.

That indeed is the big question.

For the first part, no I am not happy with the likes of Hussain Haqqani doing the audits, or having any part whatsoever in the whole process, and these people should be kept as far away as possible.

As for the second part, I really don't know for sure. Part of me says that audit should go into some other hands, while another part says to go with the 'national security' and secrecy band. Both ways have their pros and cons, but which is the better one, I don't know TBH.

So, what's your opinion on it.

And secondly, what kind of secrets will get out if audit is done by a government (any government, not specifically this one). I am guessing, R&D program size can be estimated, amount of activity, and scale of operations.

Im surprised as to how is that is classified an Indian approach?
Its just a methodology. It can be used by an Indian or someone from timbuktu.

Such a stupid methodology can be only be followed by natives of timbuktu!

Where decrease in GDP and inflation are ignored and constants factors are courted as rising, by acclaimed literary elite!

uhmmm, ok?

And... You will continue to complain either Zardari, Musharraf or Sharif and I'm sure you'll complain even if comes, what ever may.

And... You will continue to complain either Zardari, Musharraf or Sharif and I'm sure you'll complain even if comes, what ever may.
don't mind me. i just found taimi's line of thought chuckle worthy.

.......... Part of me says that audit should go into some other hands, while another part says to go with the 'national security' and secrecy band. Both ways have their pros and cons, but which is the better one, I don't know TBH.

And secondly, what kind of secrets will get out if audit is done by a government (any government, not specifically this one). I am guessing, R&D program size can be estimated, amount of activity, and scale of operations.

It does not matter who does the audit, as long as a proper accounting system with checks and balances is employed. Another fox auditing the fox guarding the proverbial henhouse is likely to do a bad job.

The audit need not be published, only conducted, and reported to the proper overseeing authorities.

I asked before: Just how does one "change" dictators? They do have a tendency to perpetuate their stranglehold on power almost by definition as long as able, don't they?
perhaps taimi has a different idea of dictatorships? democratic dictatorships?

perhaps taimi has a different idea of dictatorships? democratic dictatorships?

gKcE3.gif

Commenting on individual's taste about cornflakes is not the subject matter, rather an deliberate attempt of trolling and humiliating sincere efforts of Pakistani army.

Fauji corflakes can be discussed along with Hamza Shahbaz's poultry and property business but in separate thread.

Its ok Batman, I know you have a personal vendetta..

Fauji cornflakes are infact a perfect example of why the army is not good at everything.
I was very hopeful of the new approach they had taken, proactive advertisement , new machines etc.
But the final product is still bad.

And I wrote(and spoke to them) about it as well.. After all, the idea of us producing excellent cereals with world class machines(which they have now) was pretty interesting to me(as a hopeful product consultant).
But I learnt that their whole approach was flawed..
NO test group to decide on the flavor, No public tests.. nothing.
Just a simple x% of A mixed with y% of B will work everytime and for everyone.
And that is not restricted to Cornflakes.. its how it is with handling senstive projects , to handling development teams.

So you may make all the efforts, from buying the best corn to getting the best equipment for running tests on electronic boards.

But if you do not know what you are doing, and refuse to hire the right people to tell you what to do.. or learn what to do..
then you arent going to be very good at it ..
No matter how long you have been at it.

Everybody's own choices perhaps!

That indeed is the big question.

For the first part, no I am not happy with the likes of Hussain Haqqani doing the audits, or having any part whatsoever in the whole process, and these people should be kept as far away as possible.

As for the second part, I really don't know for sure. Part of me says that audit should go into some other hands, while another part says to go with the 'national security' and secrecy band. Both ways have their pros and cons, but which is the better one, I don't know TBH.

The problem needs to be addressed with a third alternative.
We know that there are issues with security leaks when it comes to the civilian leadership, but an audit is very necessary.
A better approach is to have the NCA decide on the limits of where an audit will go.
for eg
Is it important to audit the amount spent on each warhead(hereby revealing the number)? Perhaps not.
But is it important to ask how much an organization like SPD spent on say services such as electricity for its installations(which has run up quite a bill) , employee welfare, non-classified purchases(bulbs , torches etc etc) and declared equipment.
A lot of the equipment purchases by SPD come on the international shipping records and are therefore pointless to be counted as classified. But were those needed at all?

for eg. ..if a department with a budget of Rs 3 million goes ahead and purchases a piece of electronic equipment worth 2.5 million when it has NO need for it and has since not used that equipment for over three years.. and that the purchase went through a certain Colonel Sb serving in SPD.. IS that not worth an audit.. or accountable?

A balanced but firm approach is needed, a team with integrity that has the ability to carry out its task without fear of "holy cows".
Perhaps its too much to ask.. but one can hope for miracles.

Currently.. its damned if you do it, damned if you don't.

Its ok Batman, I know you have a personal vendetta..

Fauji cornflakes are infact a perfect example of why the army is not good at everything.
I was very hopeful of the new approach they had taken, proactive advertisement , new machines etc.
But the final product is still bad.

So you may make all the efforts, from buying the best corn to getting the best equipment for running tests on electronic boards.

But if you do not know what you are doing, and refuse to hire the right people to tell you what to do.. or learn what to do..
then you arent going to be very good at it ..
No matter how long you have been at it.

You may be right on cornflakes...... but i'm still guessing the reason for your acquisition, in beginning!

Anyhow, good to learn about one more addition in titles awarded to me by my fans!

Back
Top Bottom