What's new

Pakistan's newest threat: Army officer turns suicide bomber

bhangra12345

Reaction score
Pak's new threat: Army officer as suicide bomber
According to reliable sources in the local police, a Pashtun army officer belonging to the elite Special Services Group, whose younger sister was reportedly among the 300 girls killed during the Pakistan Army's commando raid on the Lal Masjid in Islamabad between July 10 and 13, blew himself up during dinner at the SSG's headquarters mess at Tarbela Ghazi, 100 km south of Islamabad, on the night of September 13, killing 19 other officers.
The usually well-informed News of Pakistan reported as follows on September 14: 'The area where the incident occurred is the headquarters of the Special Services Group also known as SSG and Special Operation Task Force of the Pakistan Army. Sources said the blast was so powerful that it destroyed the Officers Mess. There are also reports that a company known as Karar of the SSG based in the area had taken part in the operation on Lal Masjid and Jamia Hafsa in Islamabad where hundreds of religious students, including religious school administrator, Maulana Abdur Rashid Ghazi, were killed. ...There were rumours that CIA personnel were also present in the area where the blast occurred.'

Now this man, raman, was a former spy and has his own sources in Pakistan. But it is always better to take his account with a pinch of salt. So according to him the explosion could have been in officers mess. I personally do not think that an army officer would be involved in this. If there was no security breach on the outside perimeter, the max I believe is a jawan doing that and that itself, is what I think is extending the strawman to the maximum.

This is such propoganda and BS. "300 girls killed in the LM"? There is no evidence that even the total death count got over 200, let alone 300 girls. So just based on that I'd say its rubbish. Plus I'd be surprised if they were able to ascertain the identity of the suicide bomber (if that were the case) this quickly, considering the magnitude of the blast. The guy was probably blown to bits.

300 girls killed!? I thought the total of all militants + soldiers + civilians was upto 72!

India walon ne toh 300 sirf larkian hi maardi!

Suicide blast at commando base : 15 soldiers killed, 18 injured -DAWN - Top Stories; September 14, 2007
At least 15 soldiers were killed and 18 others wounded, some of them seriously, in a suicide attack on an anti-terrorist special operation unit in a high security zone here on Thursday evening, a senior security official told Dawn in Peshawar.

“It was a suicide attack,” the official confirmed, adding the bomber could have been one of the civilian workers at the brigade headquarters of Special Operation Task Force (SOTF).

“This is a high security zone. Obviously, this was someone who was known and familiar to the soldiers there and it could be one of the civilians working at the base,” the official said.

He said that investigation teams had reached the place located near Pakistan’s biggest hydel power generating units of Tarbela in the Ghazi sub-district of Haripur.

Military spokesman Maj-Gen Waheed Arshad, who put the death toll at 15, declined to say what caused the explosion. “It could be anything. We have not made any determination so far,” he told Dawn on phone from Rawalpindi.

A security official, however, said the figure could rise as some of the wounded soldiers were in critical condition.

Witnesses said that the wounded had been taken to military hospitals in Attock, Rawalpindi and Kamra.

The official said the bomber struck just when Non-Commissioned Officers (NCOs) and soldiers had assembled for dinner in the mess.

“A detailed report may take some time. Investigators are there. They will examine the place, take pictures, collect evidence and interview survivors to come up with a complete picture; and this will take time,” the official said.

The SOTF, a unit of the Pakistan Army’s elite Special Services Group (SSG), had been set up with American aid to flush out Al Qaeda in Pakistan’s lawless and rugged tribal regions straddling the Pakistan-Afghan border.

Based at the old PFL Nishat Colony of Tarbela, the SOTF, a kind of Quick Reaction Force, had conducted raids in the South and North Waziristan tribal region.

This included the late 2003 operation in a border village in South Waziristan to take out Abu Abdur Rehman Khidr Al Canidi believed by intelligence to be a key Al Qaeda operative.

The last operation of SOTF was in Khat Killay, near the regional headquarters of North Waziristan, in March last year.

It is not known to have carried out any other operation in the tribal region since then, though one report suggested that the SSG’s Zarrar unit participated in the Lal Masjid operation in July.

The latest attack in a high security area follows twin suicide attacks in the garrison city of Rawalpindi early this month, including the suicide bombing in

a bus carrying employees of Pakistan’s premier intelligence agency, the Inter Services Intelligence.

The bombings targeting security and intelligence personnel indicated that militants were able to penetrate deep inside sensitive zones, raising serious security questions, an analyst said.

The explosion took place at around 8pm. The explosion was so severe that it was heard several kilometres from the place.

The military personnel sealed the area soon after the explosion and even the local police was kept at a certain area, police sources said.
So the preliminary investigations point out to collusion with insiders.

Indian meida got info about the suicide bomber first rather then the investigation commision

According to the police sources, a training team of the Central Intelligence Agency and a team of technical intelligence personnel of the US National Security Agency were also stationed at Tarbela Ghazi. The NSA personnel were reportedly running a monitoring station to intercept communications of Al Qaeda [Images] and the neo-Taliban.

While there are no reports of any American casualties, there have been rumours that the NSA's monitoring station was badly damaged. It is not clear whether it was damaged by the impact of the explosion inside the officers' mess or by a separate explosion.

From Raman's link above, could it be possible that the actual target was this american thing and the damage to the mess was only incidental?

They may point to "collusion", and reports are also referring to the civilian employees at the base being possibly involved, but the outlandish part is the story of the SSG officer avenging a sister. That account does not add up.

From Raman's link above, could it be possible that the actual target was this american thing and the damage to the mess was only incidental?

I would be quite surprised if "police sources" were aware of CIA personnel in Pakistan. The Americans have hesitated in sharing intel with the Pakistani Military, they are not going to be broadcasting their presence in such a manner.

This article is by the usually mis-informed RAW sleuth B Raman. No clues about Pakistani military but tends to write a lot of hype and inaccurate stuff for obvious reasons and audience.

There is no family/sister linkage here. Also the claimed bomber was not an officer and the mess hall was for NCOs/ORs. Its too early to say who is behind it and what the motivation was...its just amazing that B Raman has access to the insider information when even officers within the Army don't exactly know the details. :disagree:

Dont we all love the indian media for their inaccurate news and lots of hype.lol

Ahh Mr indian your BS rediff news and its claim about the involvment of Army office :P
forced me to reply and post here. Now let me clear who the man the BS rediff is claiming.

[Now this man, raman, was a former spy and has his own sources in Pakistan. But it is always better to take his account with a pinch of salt. So according to him the explosion could have been in officers mess. I personally do not think that an army officer would be involved in this. If there was no security breach on the outside perimeter, the max I believe is a jawan doing that and that itself, is what I think is extending the strawman to the maximum.

Your raman is as BS as the rediff and i think he is sleepin somewhere for reasons

1. It was not suicide bombing
2. The person who is said to be arrested for the alleged involvment in the Tarbela mess bombing is a Mess Security Gaurd there.
His name is Amir Muhammad, son of Ghulam Gafoor.
He is retired Army sepoy and NOT OFFICER.

He had been working in Army Ammunition depot so he has been arrested along with his two brothers on basis of suspicion.

I hope raman can use the information i posted as his inside sources :P

Jana take it easy:). no need to get hyper.:)
By just their comments the truth is not gona change let them make propogenda, let them b happy in their imaginations. :)

Regards
Wilco

Sorry double post.:)

Regards
Wilco

Jana take it easy:). no need to get hyper.:)
By just their comments the truth is not gona change let them make propogenda, let them b happy in their imaginations. :)

Regards
Wilco

lolz nahhh dear im not getting hyper rather im enjyoing how powerful imagination bediff oppsss imean redish sorry imean rediff has ;)

lolz nahhh dear im not getting hyper rather im enjyoing how powerful imagination bediff oppsss imean redish sorry imean rediff has
:pakistan: :)

Regards
Wilco

1. It was not suicide bombing
2. The person who is said to be arrested for the alleged involvment in the Tarbela mess bombing is a Mess Security Gaurd there.
His name is Amir Muhammad, son of Ghulam Gafoor.
He is retired Army sepoy and NOT OFFICER.

He had been working in Army Ammunition depot so he has been arrested along with his two brothers on basis of suspicion.

I hope raman can use the information i posted as his inside sources :P

Jana,
can you name your source?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom