What's new

Pakistan's New Fighter Jets Can Change the Balance: The Impact of Pakistan's First...

hi man you read me wrong or you went wrong typing? be carefull some ppl here will be furious if you do this to them.( just for advice)

guys first jf 17 is no an INDIGENOUS FIGHTER IT WAS DEVELOPED BY CHINA AND PAKISTAN THEREFORE U CANT CLAIM IT TO BE INDIGENOUS...................THE THREAD IS ITSELF WRONG MO STOP:hitwall::bounce:

The only way Pakistani JF-17 change the impact is when JF-17 Block III is developed and in high strength squadrons levels.

Also, Key Project, J-31 / PAK FC-31 is the most impactful and significant change which will favor the balance towards Pakistan in the whole Central-South-Westen Asian Region i.e from Middle-east to South Asia.

250+ fighters total..perhaps half will be block (3) with any 4.5 gen upgrades indeed this can definitely change the balance.. 65%+ indigenous in the moment of heat won't have to rely heavly on others...

Highly thoughtful futuristic historic initiatative taken by one of the most professional and highly Honored organization name
PAF Pakistan Air Force hats off :pakistan:

Highly thoughtful futuristic historic initiatative taken by one of the most professional and highly Honored organization name PAF Pakistan Air Force hats off :pakistan:

You are giving unfair credit here to just ONE organization which obviously did a lot of work. But remember, there is a LOT that the civilian government has been doing for many things regarding the JFT. No military can run by itself, its the civilian government that runs it, provides funds and all. Militaries provide technical people, civilians provide funding to help those technical professionals in creating something. No money, no honey!!!

But I agree with the rest, JFT block II and III will start to change the dependency of Pakistan on foreign defense articles. If a twin engine platform like the J-11 or 16 can be had with some or major TOT and then J-31, I think Pakistan would be building a massive air complex which within the next 1-15 years, could be selling its own products.

Good job Pakistan:pakistan:, great example to the muslim world, a thumbs up from me :tup:

You are giving unfair credit here to just ONE organization which obviously did a lot of work. But remember, there is a LOT that the civilian government has been doing for many things regarding the JFT. No military can run by itself, its the civilian government that runs it, provides funds and all. Militaries provide technical people, civilians provide funding to help those technical professionals in creating something. No money, no honey!!!

But I agree with the rest, JFT block II and III will start to change the dependency of Pakistan on foreign defense articles. If a twin engine platform like the J-11 or 16 can be had with some or major TOT and then J-31, I think Pakistan would be building a massive air complex which within the next 1-15 years, could be selling its own products.

I agree totally.. I apologize I should've added the hard work transition initiated by civil government to achieve this milestone.full respect and my honor to all civil governments since the start

Indeed Pakistan going for full self-reliance for its defence needs.and perhaps doing better then the predecessor. I want Pakistan to have stronger economy as well as strong defence both have different and very important roles for future of any country..

I believe Pakistan current civil gov n military leadership all my support and good luck both have the best attentions and highly capable achieving economical milestone for this country

250+ fighters total..perhaps half will be block (3) with any 4.5 gen upgrades indeed this can definitely change the balance.. 65%+ indigenous in the moment of heat won't have to rely heavly on others...

Highly thoughtful futuristic historic initiatative taken by one of the most professional and highly Honored organization name
PAF Pakistan Air Force hats off :pakistan:
that 250 and 4.5 gen is outdated thingy.....The numbers reduced to 150 now with 50 units per block.

The BLK3 will likely to be 4+++ gen not 4.5.

Reason; Funds.

Last edited:
How far we have come building our own plane , now Block 2 , proud moment !!!

And it only gets better with arrival of Block 2 Generation !!!

The BLK3 will likely to be 4+++ gen not 4.5.
Reason; Funds.

I think there are other (and smarter) reasons too. Funds are not an issue specifically. I think they are keeping the JFT to form the work horse / backbone so the regular CAP, tactics and pilot training is done on a local and on a much cheaper platform. And the platform would've matured to a point (by block III), where they'll sell some, and the platform will become much cheaper for Pakistan's overall cost. Money received from sales will probably get invested back into a better platform or a redesigned JFT platform for future (mini J-31?).

In parallel, you'll see some major investments being made and those will go towards two other top tier jets, probably the SU-35 or J11 and then the J-31 for 5th Gen. Makes perfect sense to me.

PAF inducting JF17 is good numbers is a good sign of retiring old aircrafts, but I believe JF17 is not a a solution against all the fighters, PAF should try to acquire SU35 if it is truly offered by the Russians to Pakistan. As far as J31 goes, J31 is very young & the aircraft will go under lots of changes therefore it will take years before J31 gets officially inducted in PLAAf. Other wise we will see J31 failing trials in Pakistan just like mbt300 & up to some extent WZ10.

Which new fighter jets this headline mentioning thunder is neither new or old

Back
Top Bottom