What's new

Pakistan's New Fighter Jets Can Change the Balance: The Impact of Pakistan's First...

So.. Basically you are relaying on India not to attack. As your army chief said "You plan on an adversary's capability and not intentions, while the capability takes years to build, intentions may change overnight and Pakistan simply cannot depend on India’s intentions
Suppose in response of a terror strike India decided to attack, then what will be your response...Don't attack us, we will be ready by 2025.
Defense is a serious matter...your forces should be ready at all time. You can't rely on other nation to protect you and Pakistan is expecting direct support from china in case of war. Help even in the form of supplies will be difficult because India will try to block your sea routes and will surely attack your Karakorum highway.
India is enhancing its offensive capabilities greatly and that is evident from latest acquisitions. India is getting the best of weapons available in the world and widening the gap so much that Pakistan will cease to remain a challenge.

While I agree with your assertion that Pak cannot rely on China, i think you're basing your opinions on 70s and 80s.

The only area where Pak lacks capabilities are basically aviation. Apart from that Pak Army is very well capable of indigenously developing other conventional weapons from tanks, rocket launchers, missiles and now warships. So we don't rely on the Chinese as much as you think. Your info on Pakistan's indigenous capabilities is pretty outdated.

India also lags far behind in aviation despite of having all the resources in the world still can't build a fighter jet. Even if India decides to go to war with Pakistan then it will face an arms embargo from all western nations just like it did upon nuclear explosions.

While I agree with your assertion that Pak cannot rely on China, i think you're basing your opinions on 70s and 80s.

The only area where Pak lacks capabilities are basically aviation. Apart from that Pak Army is very well capable of indigenously developing other conventional weapons from tanks, rocket launchers, missiles and now warships. So we don't rely on the Chinese as much as you think. Your info on Pakistan's indigenous capabilities is pretty outdated.

India also lags far behind in aviation despite of having all the resources in the world still can't build a fighter jet. Even if India decides to go to war with Pakistan then it will face an arms embargo from all western nations just like it did upon nuclear explosions.

Ok...first..we are not talking about indigenous defence capabilities. The whole argument was that if India attacks Pakistan, whether China will help Pakistan or not?

Second...You are saying" Pak lacks capabilities are only aviation" Don't you think that is most important nowadays.

Third… You said "Pak Army is very well capable of indigenously developing other conventional weapons from tanks, rocket launchers, missiles and now warships." All these are joint ventures with china as india has done with Russia.

Forth...India can build a fighter jet. LCA is flying and if it can satisfy IAF (which sets very high standards), I have every reason to believe it is a world class fighter jet.

Fifth... India will not face any arms embargo from western nations, nobody wants to loose billions of $$$ and remember what Gates's statement about ind-pak.

Does PA even developing the Warship?

At the same time, no Army in world undertakes production of any weapon system other then giving specification to suit their needs.

But why do India need to go war with Pakistan? at the same time, India doesn't purchase any significant to get impacted by arms imbargo, I think this the case with Pakistan who receive foriegn Aid.

Live in present....

JF 17 is just a point defence fighter and I seriously doubt PAF will use JF17 for any of these mission. Moreover you only have 8 JF 17 to fight with. You don't have J-10 right now. It is still good 5 yrs away.:)

As far as your missiles are concerned, India does possess limited BMD in the form of S300. Pakistan is defenceless in case of indian missile attacks.
I know still the first squadron is incomplete and we have got 10 of the jf-17 with us.The four or five year time span was for J-10b development and purchase.We have option to go with J-10A with a shorter time span.:pop:
And there are rumors the deal is already been signed.:pakistan:
And people here know that the initial testing of Jf-17 is been done with ground attack ammo ,which indicates PAF is also considering it for night attack missions (jf-17 have got day/night precision attack capabilities.)

Last edited:
well with due respect.....it will only be India Vs Pak+China (Which I still dont think).....the whole world would not like to involve itself....even Russia cuz nobody likes to get his house catch fire for nothing...

Don't you think the same would apply to you and China?
I think China will provide Pak with tech, weapons and everything but will not intervene directly. If it does, the whole world would get a reason to join. India has good relation with the whole world.

Don't you think China is using Pakistan? Why is it favoring Pak? Just for its own benefit. If China really is Pak's friend, why doesn't it break all ties with india? Indo-China trade is worth much more than China-Pak relations.

The west is against China's uprising and would like to put an end to it. A China + pak vs india would be a perfect scenario for them to curb the chinese for once and forever.

China at the moment is playing very safe. They are selling its defence equipment to Pak and domestic goods to India. A win-win situation.
Indo-Pak rivalry is something that benefits China the most cause Pak buys most of equipment from China and defence equipment sale contribute BIG time to the GDP.
If India and Pak become friends, China won't have any country to sell its defence equipment to. Pak is the biggest importer of defence equipment from China.
In simple words, its the same old 2 cats and the monkey tale with China being the monkey. :smokin:

China at the moment is playing very safe. They are selling its defence equipment to Pak and domestic goods to India. A win-win situation.
Indo-Pak rivalry is something that benefits China the most cause Pak buys most of equipment from China and defence equipment sale contribute BIG time to the GDP.
If India and Pak become friends, China won't have any country to sell its defence equipment to. Pak is the biggest importer of defence equipment from China.
In simple words, its the same old 2 cats and the monkey tale with China being the monkey. :smokin:

then keep dreaming man,if this goes for China and Pak then the same goes for Russia and India they just involve india to get money ,dun forget Aircraft career n i dun thnk so that you will forget soon wat russia did to u in that matter:cheers:

every one needs money.......look at US,France and Russia.....preachers of peace......sellers of deaths

well this is the case for everyone! not just china! the US does this trick in south east asia by scaring the countries of North Korea & in the middle east by scaring the arab countries of Iran!

& in europe by scaring the europeans of soviets back in the old days!

then keep dreaming man,if this goes for China and Pak then the same goes for Russia and India they just involve india to get money ,dun forget Aircraft career n i dun thnk so that you will forget soon wat russia did to u in that matter:cheers:

exactly, every country is here for its own benefit. Remember how US was your big ally, when they needed you for cold war, and how they changed their diplomacy once India became a bigger market for their defence equipment. Its all about selling your goods.

Russia is our partner but will never attack another country on our call. About the Gorshkov deal, its price was increased due to excessive repairs and equipment change that was to be done before it could be handed over to India.

China will play its cards when you really need china. Lets see what happens.
The only real allies in the world are the NATO nations. All other nations are just trying to maximize their profits.

well this is the case for everyone! not just china! the US does this trick in south east asia by scaring the countries of North Korea & in the middle east by scaring the arab countries of Iran!

& in europe by scaring the europeans of soviets back in the old days!

that is why Pakistan and every other nation should be ready, and not dependent on a single ally.

every one needs money.......look at US,France and Russia.....preachers of peace......sellers of deaths

I will 100% agree with u especially in the case of US they delibrately make nations to fight against eachother and back them up ,coz they know in case of any war scenario there will b an arms race and US defence industry will earn alot through these,they are playing games with everyone look what they did to iraq and iran,first they supported iraq and then attacked it similarly supported afghanistan angainst soviet and now fighting war with afghnistan,they are not friends of anyone,they love to play the game of death

First they did it to us on the back hand of their so called aid,and i wonder what they are gonna do with India ,dun get me wrong thats my own perception um not against US and India frndshp but its just a simple thng , answer me

Do u thnk US will want india to get so powerfull to stand in front of them head to head?

Is supermacy of India is in the favour of US?

no superpower wants another superpower look what they did to Soviet Union ,they are just using India against China beacuse China is the main threat for them ryt now similarly how they Use Pakistan against Soviet Union,Once their purpose would be fullfilled then they will again play the bloodiest game

If anyone of you have studied International Relations u should came across the two theories
Liberalism and Mercantilism
and US is following Mercantilism theory

First they did it to us on the back hand of their so called aid,and i wonder what they are gonna do with India ,dun get me wrong thats my own perception um not against US and India frndshp but its just a simple thng , answer me

Do u thnk US will want india to get so powerfull to stand in front of them head to head?

Is supermacy of India is in the favour of US?

no superpower wants another superpower look what they did to Soviet Union ,they are just using India against China beacuse China is the main threat for them ryt now similarly how they Use Pakistan against Soviet Union,Once their purpose would be fullfilled then they will again play the bloodiest game

If anyone of you have studied International Relations u should came across the two theories
Liberalism and Mercantilism
and US is following Mercantilism theory

US has always curbed the nations that had a different ideology than the US. Right now its the arab nations and china that are against the US ideology. India has opened up to US ideology but still is cautious and has proved by not joining NPT.

India doesn't trust US completely but yes we wanna reap the benefit while it comes. That is why we have so many other allies.

US has always curbed the nations that had a different ideology than the US. Right now its the arab nations and china that are against the US ideology. India has opened up to US ideology but still is cautious and has proved by not joining NPT.

India doesn't trust US completely but yes we wanna reap the benefit while it comes. That is why we have so many other allies.

Jag. Try and reap all u want, US is aware of it, they will sell u the weaponary that u think is the most modern and than by the time u get it,it will be outdated and they would have devoloped next generation of it.

On the other hand china has given not only access to its technology and has accepted pakistani genius as a contribution and as something not to ignore. so Paksitan has not only got the tech. help, also has the respect of being the contributer and equal partner.

And that is what u call a true friendship. Dude.

In the history of world. This is how it works. dude

Greeks had it
Romans had it.
Muslims had it.
Europeans had it

Now is the time of China. Look at their surpluses. look at their productions and u will see the light.

:pakistan: Chinese Dance.. :victory:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom