What's new

Pakistan's name should be changed to Army Welfare Centre

baqai hope you dont live on one of those plots given to the army for free....

How can you support musharraf after so much evidence has been put in front of you?

How can you support musharraf after so much evidence has been put in front of you?

what evidence a nawaz sherif friend crying about his lost glory.did he forget to mention the amount of lots and land grabbed by the ex pms .but as his posts mention dont do as i do cause if u do what i do its bad for pakistan but when i do it its for the people of pakistan.

last question from paa jee how did they afford a house in islamabad on a politicians pay:cry:

Coming back to building of GHQ in islamabad....or more importantly should i say unifying of armed forces command in one place.....don't you people think it could undermine pakistan's national security....this way;

1. Giving opportunity to the enemy to decapitate entire armed forces leadership in one massive attack....since every top person would be there in one place.

2. Make Islamabad a milatory zone...opening it up for air raids in case of war.

Most of the membersof this forum are either studying or working abroad and this is one of the reasons why they dont realize the true situation of countries internal affairs.

When i say Pakistan is an Army Welfare Centre ................... i say the truth.

For those stationed outside Pakistan, please take sometime and try to find out how many countries have separate housing societies for armed forces. In Pakistan every city has DHA and cantonment areas.

A army general after retirement gets unimaginable benefits. Plots, money, pension, free medical facilities, reduced rates from airlines tickets to eating in restaurants.

Not only that they may be even appinted at jobs such as Chairman Cricket, Chairman Hockey, Chairman Wapda, Chairman PTCL, Chairman Pakistan Steel Mill. Someone even get to serve as VC's.

An army officer considers its an insult to stand in queue along with civilians

Andi can go on

I am stationed in Pakistan and I think Pakistan is in a MUCH better conditioned now than in NS's or BB's time. Just look at the IT boom in pakistan, mobile telecomunications, higher education, infrastruture, and just look at our GDP growth:tup: :toast:

Guys cut it out and stick to the topic.
Btw, its good to see someone from the opposition here aswell. :P

Coming back to building of GHQ in islamabad....or more importantly should i say unifying of armed forces command in one place.....don't you people think it could undermine pakistan's national security....this way;

1. Giving opportunity to the enemy to decapitate entire armed forces leadership in one massive attack....since every top person would be there in one place.

2. Make Islamabad a milatory zone...opening it up for air raids in case of war.
ANSWERS:
1: First of all the site that has been selected for the new GHQ is meant to make an air strike much difficult(due to the mountains) and secondly, in case of a war, the military generals will not be sitting on open ground waiting to be killed by the indians in a single strike, they will be in there bunkers in secret locations.

2:What do you think india wont attack Islamabad in a war if there are no military targets????????:eek: :wall:

no jee we live in our own house which was built on our own by my father .... oh it IS in DHA if that counts?

i don't support anyone in particular if you ask me, i am saying ( and repeating and AND again ) that RELATIVELY mushy is doing a much better job than any others have done ... and since i see things moving in the right direction i support his actions done in favour of this country

I asked before .... what other options do we have based on current events? lets see

1. BB ( Zardari and her money making scandals ... sheeesh )
2. NS ( Everything in the name of Abba Jeee .... )
3. Mullah ( Oh Please!!!! )
4. Musharaf
5. Taken over By US / Allies with dummy govt ( i see this coming in future )

now kindly take your pick .....

Why should US install puppet regime? Mushy is doing such a good job....

ANSWERS:
1: First of all the site that has been selected for the new GHQ is meant to make an air strike much difficult(due to the mountains) and secondly, in case of a war, the military generals will not be sitting on open ground waiting to be killed by the indians in a single strike, they will be in there bunkers in secret locations.

2:What do you think india wont attack Islamabad in a war if there are no military targets????????:eek: :wall:

but the fact remains they will be in one pre-defined area of operation....that is afterall the whole point ( and stated aim ) of unifying armed forces command in one place......bomb technology has rapidly moved on....hence bunkers might not be as safe as you are implying ( the technology of bunker busters will only improve with every passing day ).

As far as your implying india attacking Islamabad in the absence of any milatary zone there is preposterious to say the least. One thing India-Pakistan has respected in all their open wars is not to attack civilian areas ( unless it is pilot error ) but by an large this was adhered to by both sides. Put GHQ in islamabad and it will appear on the target list of all adversaries intending to attack pakistan....from india to usa or anyone else.

but the fact remains they will be in one pre-defined area of operation....that is afterall the whole point ( and stated aim ) of unifying armed forces command in one place......bomb technology has rapidly moved on....hence bunkers might not be as safe as you are implying ( the technology of bunker busters will only improve with every passing day ).

As far as your implying india attacking Islamabad in the absence of any milatary zone there is preposterious to say the least. One thing India-Pakistan has respected in all their open wars is not to attack civilian areas ( unless it is pilot error ) but by an large this was adhered to by both sides. Put GHQ in islamabad and it will appear on the target list of all adversaries intending to attack pakistan....from india to usa or anyone else.

We already have a GHQ right? Then what makes you belive that this GHQ will not be attacked in an event of war?

We already have a GHQ right? Then what makes you belive that this GHQ will not be attacked in an event of war?

adminstrative GHQ of the army is one thing and unified command of the whole armed forces together in one place quite another.The small GHQ of the army...i donot think was attacked in either of the 1971 or 65 war.

What is being contemplated is much bigger even than the Pentagon of the united states.....hence its sheer size and importance as harbouring the entire leadership of the armed forces will be incentive enuff for any enemy to go after it.

Motion moved in Senate against GHQ shifting

The joint opposition has moved an adjournment motion in the Senate to press the government to abandon the establishment of General Headquarters (GHQ) in Islamabad and spend the money on some public welfare projects.

The issue would be discussed in the upper house in the coming session likely to be held after Eidul Azha.

The adjournment motion has been singed by senators of the joint opposition including opposition leader Mian Raza Rabbani, Enver Baig, Dr Babar Awan, Farooq H. Naek and Dr Safdar Ali Abbasi of the PPP; Professor Khursheed Ahmed of MMA, Ishaq Dar of the PML (N) and Asfandyar Wali of the ANP.

According to the motion, the establishment of the GHQ was not included in the original master plan of Islamabad, and it has been endorsed by the CDA officials.

However, the government in 1974 had decided that the headquarters of all the three services should be moved to the federal capital.

The motion said it was astonishing that the CDA had sold 870 acres to the military in E-10 at a throwaway price of Rs200 per square yard for building the GHQ, whereas it had auctioned land in the nearby area at the rate of Rs110,000 and Rs120,000 per square yard. Thus the CDA sustained a huge loss of money by selling the land to the army.

When contacted, Mian Raza Rabbani said, “First we have to go through the record whether the political government in 1974 had approved the shifting of all services’ headquarters to Islamabad because the present military regime has the habit of twisting the facts.”

He said a majority of people in the country today live below the poverty line. “As a result of rampant corruption and price hike, the incidents of suicide have increased. People have to face mini-budgets after every fifteen days when prices of petroleum products are deregularised,” he said.

In these circumstances, the huge amount of money allocated for the establishment of the GHQ should be spent on public welfare schemes. “That we are stressing and the issue would be raised vehemently in the upper house,” Mr Rabbani said.

The decision to move the GHQ to Islamabad also came under fire at a meeting of the National Assembly’s standing committee on planning and development this week.

The members of the committee felt that moving the GHQ will create “serious civic problems” for residents of the federal capital.

Source

Two Islamabad sectors, 870 acres will house new GHQ, CDA tells NA body

The new General Headquarters of the Pakistan Army will be spread over two sectors – E-10 and D-11 – and 870 acres of additional land, the Capital Development Authority (CDA) informed the National Assembly’s Standing Committee on the Interior on Saturday.

Interior Secretary Syed Kamal Shah, however, stopped a CDA official from giving a verbal answer to a question by the PPPP’s Naheed Khan on the allotment price of the prime land to the army. “You should not give verbal answers to these questions. Submit a comprehensive written reply to these questions in the next meeting,” Shah told the official.

The NA committee meeting chaired by Sardar Talib Hussain Nakai reviewed four bills at Parliament House on Saturday.

The committee, while considering ‘The West Pakistan Regulation and Control of Loudspeakers and Sound Amplifiers (Amendment) Bill, 2007’, recommended an increase in the fine for misuse of loudspeakers and sound amplifiers from Rs 1,000 to Rs 10,000 and imprisonment from one month to three months before passing the bill with certain amendments.

The opposition MNAs agreed that the punishments were aimed at reining in religious disharmony, but insisted that opposition rallies and protests should be exempted from them.

State Minister for Law Shahid Akram Bhinder opposed the demand and said that anyone misusing loudspeakers would not be spared.

The committee also passed ‘The National Database and Registration Authority (Amendment) Bill, 2007 (Ordinance No XVI of 2007)’ with some amendments which included an increase in the jail term for those holding fake national identity cards from one year to seven years.

The committee also passed ‘The Capital Development Authority (Amendment) Bill, 2007’, which proposed that the number of days for review of land acquisitions be increased from 15 to 30. The NA body dropped ‘The National Database and Registration Authority (Amendment) Bill, 2007 (Ordinance No. 1 of 2007)’ and ‘The Police Order (Amendment) Bill, 2007 (Ordinance XX of 2007)’ because it has already processed identical bills and submitted reports to the National Assembly for consideration.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2007\05\27\story_27-5-2007_pg7_13

Atlast CDA has replied after 6 months

i agree with you, Army welfare centre sounds about right. They have eaten countries resources and they believe that pakistan was created for them and not the general public. The only thing they have managed to do for pakistan is to cheat and deceive and rob its finances and constantly remind us of agressive neigbours and silly operations and get our sons and daughters killed. They say pakistan ka matlab la ila ha illal lah, you must be joking we should call it the land of corrupt, hunger and injustice. As a pakistani it hurts me to make this statement about my country but truth is truth, anyone agrees?

Where we should be a moderate islamic state trying to tackle poverty and advancing and improving our economy we use and abuse power to suit our own indivifual needs. We sought our independence from the british and india with a vision of a just state only to be slaved by the military.

Back
Top Bottom