What's new

Pakistan's likely response to an Indian Surgical strike !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Introduction:

Since the Mumbai drama in India i have been hearing about a new type of war against Pakistan so called " The surgical strikes " .

So we need to look into what a surgical strike is and how it is going to effect the already deteriorating situation between Pakistan and India (Few of our Indian members are having Surgical strike fever these days ).

What is a surgical strike:

According to me an unprovoked attack intended to deal only with a specific targets is called a surgical strike.

Where would India intend to carry out such a strike:

According to them they would be targeting what in their mind is training camps of Kashmiri mujahedeen LET etc.

But this is not the end of it , India would be intended in destroying Pakistan's sensitive installations and infrastructure ie Dams and Reactors and military locations.

Why a surgical strike is unacceptable :

India has no right to cross Pakistan's airspace and International border for any aggressive intent.
It would be considered a full scale attack on Pakistan's sovereignty.

IAF's SU-30MKI's violated Pakistan's airspace on Lahore and Kashmir borders , they were fully armed , they were intercepted by PAF F-16's and were given 30 seconds to leave the airspace or they would be responsible for any damage so they were forced to leave.

How would they carry out such a Strike:

According to sources IAF's Sukhoi's , MIG-29's and Mirage 2000's will take part in such an attack and they will have to destroy designated targets pin pointed by IAF and Indian Government or they can use their Brahmos super dooper sonic cruise missile .

How would Pakistan Respond:

As far as i can think of any scenario where India carrying out a surgical strikes in Pakistan i guess Indians would have to suffer heavy losses as they would not be sending their whole air force but a limited number of Planes.

Which would be either shot down by SAM's or Pakistan Air Force and there would not be many IAF pilots returning back home alive with their Planes.

In such a fight PAF will dominate them as being a defensive force and there would be no or little damage on the ground as PAF would be the one to take the war to its side.

I have made up a possible response of Pakistan lets see.

1: Introduction of the locations of IAF and PAF air bases.

2: India's Air force Converging into the Hot zone to carry out the surgical strike they would be backed by force multipliers and AWACS , Mig-29s will provide air cover while MKIs and Mirage-2000's will strike the targets in Pakistan.

3: Pakistan Air Force / Air defense will respond to the threat and during this operation Pakistan keeps a lethal weapon in its Hand.

Babur Cruise missile has a Range of 700km ( on paper ) and it is capable of destroying all of India's 18 Forward Air bases.

Lucky enough the Babur is believed to be deployed on Multi missile mobile launchers close to the border already.

Another option could be A-100 MRLS striking Indian Air force positions - 120kms range will enable it to take out some vital installations on the Indian side. Another weapon that Pakistan should buy considering this scenario can be SY-400 Guided multiple rocket launchers which have an effective range of 300-400kms and can be used in air burst - electronic attack-and impact modes.

Aftermath

After suffering heavy losses in Pakistan and on the ground on its own soil considering Pakistan's destructive Nuclear and Missile capability India would not start a full scale war.

Even if they did they would be demoralized and there would be very healthy Chances that Pakistan can take the battle to the Next level , also it would be Enough reason for China to arm Pakistan to its Teeth to cope with the adversary.

Share your ideas please.

Regards:

Written by Black Blood
:pakistan:

Last edited:
Appreciated.

Nicely presented and alongwith maps, if they are reliable, its a nice post.

I am sure, however, that this "unconventional" sort of war will never start neither by India nor by Pakistan.

Is also a fact that India was a danger for such sort of Attacks after Mumbai Attacks and there targets were in South-Central Punjab. They tried to demonstrate it, as you mentioned, but with no results.

Nice work. And now look out for Indian replies with OPEN HEART :-)

KIT Out

I don't think India will ever strike pakistan surgically or full scale war, proxy war dealt with proxy.

Anyway well presented.

arming TTP is best way of surgical strike.

Introduction:

Since the Mumbai drama in India i have been hearing about a new type of war against Pakistan so called " The surgical strikes " .

So we need to look into what a surgical strike is and how it is going to effect the already deteriorating situation between Pakistan and India (Few of our Indian members are having Surgical strike fever these days ).

According to me an unprovoked attack intended to deal only with a specific targets is called a surgical strike.

According to them they would be targeting what in their mind is training camps of Kashmiri mujahedeen LET etc.

But this is not the end of it , India would be intended in destroying Pakistan's sensitive installations and infrastructure ie Dams and Reactors and military locations.

why would India destroy dams and army installations in surgical strike because if India do surgical strike(not on army installation or reactors) they can say that it was for terrorist camps and not against 'Pakistan'.

India has no right to cross Pakistan's airspace and International border for any aggressive intent.

^^^agreed.

IAF's SU-30MKI's violated Pakistan's airspace on Lahore and Kashmir borders , they were fully armed , they were intercepted by PAF F-16's and were given 30 seconds to leave the airspace or they would be responsible for any damage so they were forced to leave.

I really doubt this story.

How would they carry out such a Strike:

According to sources IAF's Sukhoi's , MIG-29's and Mirage 2000's will take part in such an attack and they will have to destroy designated targets pin pointed by IAF and Indian Government or they can use their Brahmos super dooper sonic cruise missile .

How would Pakistan Respond:

As far as i can think of any scenario where India carrying out a surgical strikes in Pakistan i guess Indians would have to suffer heavy losses as they would not be sending their whole air force but a limited number of Planes.

No one sends whole air force for surgical strikes on terrorist camps.
:no:

Which would be either shot down by SAM's or Pakistan Air Force and there would not be many IAF pilots returning back home alive with their Planes.

Highly possible.:agree:

In such a fight PAF will dominate them as being a defensive force and there would be no or little damage on the ground as PAF would be the one to take the war to its side.

Babur Cruise missile has a Range of 700km ( on paper ) and it is capable of destroying all of India's 18 Forward Air bases.

Lucky enough the Babur is believed to be deployed on Multi missile mobile launchers close to the border already.

Aftermath

After suffering heavy losses in Pakistan and on the ground on its own soil considering Pakistan's destructive Nuclear and Missile capability India would not start a full scale war.

Neither India nor Pakistan are in condition to start full scale war.:cheers:

:hang2:

Appreciated.

Nicely presented and alongwith maps, if they are reliable, its a nice post.

I am sure, however, that this "unconventional" sort of war will never start neither by India nor by Pakistan.

Is also a fact that India was a danger for such sort of Attacks after Mumbai Attacks and there targets were in South-Central Punjab. They tried to demonstrate it, as you mentioned, but with no results.

Nice work. And now look out for Indian replies with OPEN HEART :-)

KIT Out

Thanks , i have developed these maps on photoshop and i am just waiting for some personalities to discuss the matter .:tup:

I don't think India will ever strike pakistan surgically or full scale war, proxy war dealt with proxy.

Anyway well presented.

If they don't that would be good for you if you don't.

First of all any strike on Pakistan will not be unprovoked as you mention.
I think India will only attack militant training camps near Lahore and in *** to keep world opinion on it's side. Brahmos cruise missiles and laser guided air force strikes would be used.
The Pak response will be interesting. I think world opinion will force Pak not to respond as long as Pak government establishments have not been hit. After all has Pak responded to US drone strikes in Pak territory. If Pak government can't stop terrorists then India will have to help them. There could even be US assistance to India for such strikes.
Pak would like to present a case for war and start attacking Indian air bases and army installations. This will start a limited air war with no chance of nuclear escalation.
In case of an air war. Pak will be on the defensive. Cruise missiles are it's most effective attack weapons as you mentioned. Air battles over Pak air bases and cities are likely. Who will win ? Lets see who has the better tactics and equipment.
I feel Pak has the advantage. Defending their own area with local SAM and gun support. IAF will have to find a way to destroy Pak ground radar and AWACS capability. Can they do so ? I don't think they can effectively.

You will pay for it , we know how to turn the game just wait until yanks will leave Afghanistan .

What can U do to us? We will not be staying in Afghanistan, And We all know what pakistan will do When NATO withdraws from there,Just create another rebel force....

First of all any strike on Pakistan will not be unprovoked as you mention.
I think India will only attack militant training camps near Lahore and in *** to keep world opinion on it's side. Brahmos cruise missiles and laser guided air force strikes would be used.
The Pak response will be interesting. I think world opinion will force Pak not to respond as long as Pak government establishments have not been hit. After all has Pak responded to US drone strikes in Pak territory. If Pak government can't stop terrorists then India will have to help them. There could even be US assistance to India for such strikes.
Pak would like to present a case for war and start attacking Indian air bases and army installations. This will start a limited air war with no chance of nuclear escalation.
In case of an air war. Pak will be on the defensive. Cruise missiles are it's most effective attack weapons as you mentioned. Air battles over Pak air bases and cities are likely. Who will win ? Lets see who has the better tactics and equipment.
I feel Pak has the advantage. Defending their own area with local SAM and gun support. IAF will have to find a way to destroy Pak ground radar and AWACS capability. Can they do so ? I don't think they can effectively.

I guess we should just wait and chill:chilli::chilli::chilli::chilli::chilli::chilli:

India do not have any reason to do surgical strike now. they could have done it right after the 26/11. they missed their chance.

@Blackblood- Here's another spin on the scenario.

What if India was to carry out the surgical strikes only in Pak Kashmir/Azad Kashmir? Would Pakistan respond the same way as you mentioned above, given that its a separate country (by your versions at least).

Your brilliant deduction is the perfect antithesis of a surgical strike! Rest assured, it can be safely presumed that one has no idea, whatsoever, what a "surgical strike" entails and consequences, if any, that might follow.
FYI, "surgical strike" would not be 'unprovoked', especially in the case of Indo-pak conflict.

Neither does the other 'sovereign' nation has the right to allow nefarious activities to take place on its soil against another nation. If the govt cannot control its citizens or its territory, it, by all accounts, loses its claim on such persons or territory and consequences shall follow!
That wasn't a combat mission. You've got all facts wrong, there are threads which discussed this incident in detail. Refer back.
You need radars to track and fire your much vaunted SAM's. Now think why IAF birds went a-probing Pakistani airspace again.

2: India's Air force Converging into the Hot zone to carry out the surgical strike they would be backed by force multipliers and AWACS.

3: Pakistan Air Force / Air defense will respond to the threat and during this operation Pakistan keeps a lethal weapon in its Hand.

Even if they did they would be demoralized and there would be very healthy Chances that Pakistan can take the battle to the Next level , also it would be Enough reason for China to arm Pakistan to its Teeth to cope with the adversary.
All I can say is this - fanboy speculation! Hooray!
nice pics, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom