What's new

Pakistan's likely response to an Indian Surgical strike !

Status
Not open for further replies.
believe its their right to have a get go against us.

That is the problem and it goes much deeper than that. Even in statements on this forum, you see many Indians equating themselves to the US. This new Indian mentality is very dangerous for the region. After having been snubbed by the world all these decades, the Indian ego has suffered massively and their wounded pride is itching for recognition and payback. It is also the reason for the Indian media tantrum about student attacks in Australia.

I am afraid that sooner or later this newfound jingoism and desire to "prove" India's might, combined with a media-driven foreign policy, will lead India to make a rash move.

Well I guess India would never go for surgical strikes for the following reasons-

1. Capabilities. As somebody mentioned, India is no US. Lets face it, we do not have the military nor the diplomatic capabilities to effect pin-point surgical strikes.

2. Escalation. There is every possibility that Pakistan will respond in force if surgical strikes are attempted. Indian economy still isn't insulated from war like events. Foreign investment will be badly affected. MNCs operating out of Gurgaon and NOIDA in the North might be forced to re-evaluate.

3. US factor. With the US and NATO's full focus on the WoT, they would want nothing to distract their efforts. They do not want their trusted friend's (or foe?) forces to be diverted elsewhere.

Just my 2 cents...

I believe they fully well know what sort of response they'd get, hence they've never attacked, even after amassing 1 million troops to the border in 2002. But these emotional surgical strike fantasies are necessary to massage their egos at home for domestic consumption.

Let em!

Well I guess India would never go for surgical strikes for the following reasons-

1. Capabilities. As somebody mentioned, India is no US. Lets face it, we do not have the military nor the diplomatic capabilities to effect pin-point surgical strikes.

2. Escalation. There is every possibility that Pakistan will respond in force if surgical strikes are attempted. Indian economy still isn't insulated from war like events. Foreign investment will be badly affected. MNCs operating out of Gurgaon and NOIDA in the North might be forced to re-evaluate.

3. US factor. With the US and NATO's full focus on the WoT, they would want nothing to distract their efforts. They do not want their trusted friend's (or foe?) forces to be diverted elsewhere.

Just my 2 cents...

Thats a sensible post:tup:

@Pak posters - such bluster and big talking - I'm impressed! Wonder why people do that - to hide their weaknesses perhaps !
If the way you people think (we'll reply with everything egot and such nonsense) is how the Pak military leaders think the only conclusion is that Pak is a reckless child with big toys. Toys that have to be taken away by the world.

If terrorist camps are attacked by Indians why is it such a big deal to Pak ? Is it because these terrorists are supported by Pak to bleed India. Hello - that's evidence we need to say you support terrorists.

I think your knowledge of English is limited. Search "provocation" in the dictionary. It's not the same as warning etc. Provocation for India will a major terrorist strike with help from Pakistan. Eg. - Pak citizens like Kasab. Pak army assistance like training, equipment etc. But I think Pak is gonna be smarter next time - they won't leave fingerprints which makes it tough.

mm alam - well we have our own heroes for your info - and not ones who lie (MM Alam's kills are fabricated)
Chinese help is not possible for Pak. They will keep out of this mess. Only the US will have something to say and they will be on Indian side.
Home ground advantage is huge for Pak - I agree Blackblood. I don't know how IAF plans to counter. Superior numbers and Su-30s. Plus ECMs and attack on ground radar sites. Army action is not likely.

@Asim - India has something to lose in case of war. Economic development and Foreign investment. What does Pak have to lose ?

@Pak posters - such bluster and big talking - I'm impressed! Wonder why people do that - to hide their weaknesses perhaps !
If the way you people think (we'll reply with everything egot and such nonsense) is how the Pak military leaders think the only conclusion is that Pak is a reckless child with big toys. Toys that have to be taken away by the world.

If terrorist camps are attacked by Indians why is it such a big deal to Pak ? Is it because these terrorists are supported by Pak to bleed India. Hello - that's evidence we need to say you support terrorists.

I think your knowledge of English is limited. Search "provocation" in the dictionary. It's not the same as warning etc. Provocation for India will a major terrorist strike with help from Pakistan. Eg. - Pak citizens like Kasab. Pak army assistance like training, equipment etc. But I think Pak is gonna be smarter next time - they won't leave fingerprints which makes it tough.

mm alam - well we have our own heroes for your info - and not ones who lie (MM Alam's kills are fabricated)
Chinese help is not possible for Pak. They will keep out of this mess. Only the US will have something to say and they will be on Indian side.
Home ground advantage is huge for Pak - I agree Blackblood. I don't know how IAF plans to counter. Superior numbers and Su-30s. Plus ECMs and attack on ground radar sites. Army action is not likely.

wow buddy just need to cool down, and have a look of what ridiculous scenarios you are trying to draw. Your post seems to be out bitter frustration and nothing more, However you proved the kahavat, "wohi murghi ki aik Tang"

lets leave it here, when you do that, we will believe you, until then avoid shooting arrow in the dark.

:pakistan:

adios

@Asim - India has something to lose in case of war. Economic development and Foreign investment. What does Pak have to lose ?

Hell, i am amazed at you guys, you just care for economic development and Foreign Investment, no worries for those billions of living breathing creatures called human beings, living in your country???
:what::what::what::what::what:

by the way you have provided the answer in your on question that since Pakistan has nothing to loose in war and India has much bigger stakes to loose, that's why India will avoid war at all costs.

adios

This is your turn to worry about it all & BTW if you attacked us we are Not going to think about loss or gain hence we will do what would give bloody noses to India simple is that.

@adios - well we are debating Pak's response to a possible Indian strike. There are two assumptions implicit -
1. There is a serious terror attack in India. Akin to 9/11. Thousands of Indians are killed. It could even be a dirty bomb or a chemical attack by LeT supported by Pak army.
2. India decides to attack Pak terror camps. Say it has evidence and even the US agrees with the evidence.

Surgical strike is different from full scale war. But sadly Pak seems to equate both the things.The thread has shown how people in Pak think about such attacks by India.
You forget the frustration of Indian people and posters that our enemies (Pak terrorists ) are attacking us in our homes while they roam freely in Pak.
The only solution is for Pak to arrest these terrorist and stop supporting them.
Till then we will continue debating such scenarios.

@All Posters.. Cool down & Read the old news:

Manmohan asks Pak to dismantle “terror machines”; rejects war alternative
Posted on 24 December 2008

In a total rejection of Shiv Sena Chief Bal Thackeray’s call to attack Pakistan, the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has asked Pakistan to avoid “war hysteria” and simply act to dismantle the terrorist infrastructure operating in its country.

“The issue is not war, the issue is terror and territory in Pakistan being used to promote, aid and abet this terror,” Prime Minister Manmohan Singh told reporters. “Nobody wants war.”

He asked the world community to pressurize Islamabad to dismantle the “terror machine” in the wake of strikes on Mumbai, which was an attack on India’s “ambitions to emerge as an economic power”.

External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee also gave a strong message to Pakistan. He said, “Don’t create war hysteria. Act against those responsible for Mumbai attacks.

Earlier in the day, Pakistan army chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani reportedly assured the nation’s leadership that Pakistan’s armed forces will mount an equal response “within minutes” if India carries out any surgical strike inside the country.

As tension between the nuclear-armed South Asian neighbours simmered, Pakistani Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani warned on Monday that the armed forces were fully capable of defending the country and the people would be united if war was imposed.

But Indian Foreign Minister Pranab Mukherjee said Pakistan should focus on the issues. “The issue is not creating war hysteria or raising accusing finger against others”.

“(The) question is there has been a sinister, heinous terrorist attack on Mumbai from the elements in Pakistan. India has requested Pakistan to take action against the perpetrators,” he told reporters.

Mukherjee has previously said “all options” were open to India to pressure Pakistan after the Mumbai attacks, but analysts said a military strike remains very unlikely, as it would strengthen the hand of hawks and extremists in Pakistan.

Instead India is trying to build an international diplomatic consensus to put pressure on Pakistan, and has received support from the United States and the United Nations.

Pakistan strenuously denies any state links to the Mumbai attack.

Full Story

Hell, i am amazed at you guys, you just care for economic development and Foreign Investment, no worries for those billions of living breathing creatures called human beings, living in your country???
:what::what::what::what::what:

by the way you have provided the answer in your on question that since Pakistan has nothing to loose in war and India has much bigger stakes to loose, that's why India will avoid war at all costs.

adios
all that economic development and FDI is for the better of those puny creatures you call humans.

the weapons we buy also help. they let the same puny humans to have a peace of mind , knowing they are relatively safe from some external armed attack

@adios - well we are debating Pak's response to a possible Indian strike. There are two assumptions implicit -
1. There is a serious terror attack in India. Akin to 9/11. Thousands of Indians are killed. It could even be a dirty bomb or a chemical attack by LeT supported by Pak army.
2. India decides to attack Pak terror camps. Say it has evidence and even the US agrees with the evidence.

Surgical strike is different from full scale war. But sadly Pak seems to equate both the things.The thread has shown how people in Pak think about such attacks by India.
You forget the frustration of Indian people and posters that our enemies (Pak terrorists ) are attacking us in our homes while they roam freely in Pak.
The only solution is for Pak to arrest these terrorist and stop supporting them.
Till then we will continue debating such scenarios.

Man i am no match for your Intellect:no::no: so i would like to ask for an excuse , you surely can continue:tup:

:lol::lol:

Adios

@adios - Someone leaving the discussion table ;) .. surely talks can solve everything !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom