main uska banda banon ga jis ko khuda k bandon sey piyar hoga

main zulmat-e-shab main le k niklonga apney darmanda karwan ko
sharar fashan hogi aah! meri nafas mera shola baar hoga

na pooch iqbal[i/] ka thikana abhi wahi kefiyat hai uski
kahin sar-e-rahguzar baitha sitam kash-e-intezar hoga

Akbar Ilhabadi

Utha kar phaik do bahir gali me
Ke Nai tehzeeb ke anday hein ganday

Since you are not happy with it, might i suggest that you do not visit the page, at least not today when it is the day they are celebrating as draw Mohammad day.

i don't use facebook at all........... visit after many days/months for few minutes - just to be familiar with the features

I am not interested in facebook - its a crap site for me - after reading the news i typed in google and it gave me the facebook link so i just opened it to see if its still active or removed

I don't like facebook Sir

Maybe its the Indian ISP. I am immediately diverted to facebook homepage when i click on the link. Even pasting on the address bar has the same effect. I can see a google cached image but not actual page.

They have done something to it, it is now viewable again, maybe not for some countries.

Banning FB no way means we stop gaining scientific knowledge and all the progress stopes, Pls dont mix social ethics with Scientific progress and development.
The banning of websites over perceived 'insults' is reflective of an attitude of intolerance on the part of the government - it is the attitude displayed by many Muslim nations that is the problem, not just this single act of banning facebook, which is a symptom of the overall malaise.

A social interacting website which has users Globally should have cared for the sentiments of people which comprise a considerable numbers of there users.
And what of the 'sentiments' of users who believe in complete freedom of speech and wish to draw caricatures of Jesus, Mohammed, Moses, Hindu gods and goddesses and whatever else they feel like?
Despite being reported as abuse, why didnt the FB carried out appropriate actions.
Just because YOU think it is abuse does not make it abuse.
I agree that we should ignore them, but does the masses here are literate enough to buy that argument and thus not opt the way of voilance, This is still a third world where many cannot swallow such utter disgrace to there beloved Prophet(PBUH) and above all they are doing it with compleet impunity. In supporting a cry against Ban, i dont see any halt in progress neither i see the scientific knowledge halting to grow in the Muslim World.
The first part of the paragraph is precisely the attitude of intolerance prevalent amongst the Muslim world I was pointing to. And secondly, violent protests will not be led by the 'masses' but by thugs from the JI and other associated groups. The GoP has the capability of stopping these people, though it is never used properly.

And quite frankly, looking at the state of the Muslim world currently, I fail to see how you an argue that these intolerant and prejudiced attitudes have not retarded scientific and literary progress.
Secondly if the FB havent been baned, then already we are facing the terrorists on multiple fronts, A scenario like that will be easily exploited to enhance there ideology of Retard jihad against the infidels.
That is a valid point, and really the only valid point. I agree with you that the security situation in the presence of the WoT, and the exploitation of a crackdown against violent protesters by the Taliban and AQ, poses a real and serious threat, and justifies to a degree the actions taken by the GoP.

I have a serious question, Will facebook allow, 'Post Your Naked Picture on Facebook day', if not then why.

Is it true that the ban hurt them alot how can it be if pakistan has 2.3+ million facebook users and facebook has more than 400 million ? unless every muslim country boycotted it or something which i doubt is the case since none of them have protested or banned other than pak.If it's true there probably alot more internet users in pakistan than previously estimated......

Goes against terms and services policy and federal and international law.

Why what is wrong with being nude, is it a criminal offense. Otherwise there are many other websites with nude pictures available and they seem to be not prosecuted against.

Youtube - DailyMotion (better and more faster)
Facebook - Google Wave, Orkut, MySpace, Hi5 and many others are still availabe.
Flickr - Photoshare, Photostream and what not are still online
Wikipedia - Encyclopedia, regional variations available.

Unfortunately you have a narrow scope of things and it would be best you take your stupid logic out of this thread.

I agree that websites should not be banned but to get the message across, harsh actions have to be taken and they pay off. It will be up in to time.

Fascism does not occur if a couple of sites are banned, your argument is flawed, immature and literally stupid.

Banning one website is different than banning everything within that category, when other options are available, you should utilize them.

That's not the point. The point is that these websites were unnessecarily banned for a stupid and immature reason.

Goes against terms and services policy and federal and international law.

Any thing which goes against international Law whether rightly or not its not allowed but if it goes against Laws of Islam then its right.....:undecided:

Nyways I know what you and ppl like you will say now.......

As far as I know this world there are only two rules in this world working now a days
"Might is right" or "Majority is authority"

and no one should complain if we use any one of them..

Back
Top Bottom