What's new

Pakistan's Internet censorship

Yes !!! You planning to join us?

The ban on certain websites will not take us back to Stone Age. Besides, these sites are pure entertainment sites and not business oriented websites.

Do not take her too seriously, she is rabidly anti-Pakistan but she has the rights to express her views and people change once they get to know something which is in contrast to what they have in mind.

Just play along.

@ Samika, I am in my cave, pesky woods will not light up, care to help.

Flickr, Wikipedia, and Wordpress working fine with me. Check with your ISP.

Check twitter. ISPs have started doing it, maybe your ISP is a bit slow or more in favour of civil liberties.

With due respect, they do. Have you ever been to an Internet Cafe in suburban areas?

I was merely replying to an earlier comment. Let's leave this stupid debate. I'm going to sleep now.

At this pace tomorrow PDF would be banned as well.

Wikipedia also banned, some one ban me as well :rolleyes:

i want to ask why people don't protest against the **** sites & all sorts of other stupid stuff?

Last edited:
I dont understand,What are the reasons they saying about banning Wikipedia??

@ Indian Jatt and Jagjinatt, I am in no way condoning banning these websites but there has to be some restrictions on what these popular websites are used for. Like Facebook and Youtube, disallow nudity becuase it might cause offence, they can also moderate such pages for the views being openly put forward.

If it was freedom of speech then there are better ways of countering a group rather than being utterly offensive. It is clear that this is attracting all the bigots and their views are despicable.

Banning is not the answer, but it might lead to the required end. That is getting the pages removed while also keeping the extremist muslims from making any unwanted moves of destruction and damage.

i want to ask why people don't protest against the **** sites?

I asked the same question yesterday but people thrashed me, called stupid and what not..

Check twitter. ISPs have started doing it, maybe your ISP is a bit slow or more in favour of civil liberties.

I was merely replying to an earlier comment. Let's leave this stupid debate. I'm going to sleep now.

At this pace tomorrow PDF would be banned as well.

Perhaps. Lets wait and see if my ISP also blocks these sites.

The fact that Pakistan is the only muslim country up until now to take these steps once again begs the question, why does Pakistan need so strongly to be the self-appointed flagbearer for the rest of the muslim world? What is this overpowering desire to be seen as the champion of the muslim world even if you land up hurting yourselves in the process? If the rest followed your lead, it would make sense, and actually have a chance of making a difference. But its obvious nobody else is, and you are once again drawing negative attention to yourselves globally. Is it not time to reassess what is really important for Pakistan as a nation instead of wearing the proverbial sar pe kafan and heading out to war every time something happens somewhere that you perceive as injustice to your religion. Is it not time to take a backward step and let someone else take up cudgels for a change? While you concentrate on getting your own house in order. These are questions which beg answers when we see other muslim nations following more peaceful and participatory approaches towards the global mainstream progressing rapidly and leaving you behind.

my friend if you can answer THIS question you would understand WHY the partition was necessary!!

if others don't do it we shouldn't! what logic is that? that is such a complexed approach in life!!

we as a nation SHOULDN'T BE RADICAL! however we should be VOCAL! in our stand for the prophet for the religion!!

the other muslim nations are PUPPETS of the US!

we as a nation denounce all forms of TERRORISM in the name of religion but we also denounce all forms of blasphemy for any religion!!

be it hindu,muslim,sikh,christian or jew! :pakistan:

Somehow I feel this banning is counter-productive and in many ways sadly reminiscent of ghettoism which is the bane of the muslim community in many parts of the world where they find themselves a minority. Please understand what I am trying to say and not get defensive unnecessarily. Today you ban Face Book. Then Twitter. Then You Tube. Then Wikipedia. Who is losing? By doing this you will only polarize the world more than it already is and drive the wedge between the muslim and the non-muslim world deeper than it already is, thus isolating the community even further. The solution of a problem can only be effected by being part of the system. You cannot change something from outside. What is the message you are sending out by doing this? That the next time someone wants you out of their cosy circle, all they have to do is lampoon your religion and you will withdraw? Somehow this whole thing seems pretty knee-jerk to me and obviously not well thought through. What are we going in for now? Muslim-only networking sites and eventually religiously segregationary Internet? The Crusades and Jihad of cyberworld? Isnt it so obvious that there is a pretty transparent attempt being made here to isolate you further, which your government is foolishly perpetuating?

One sane post among high emotions. :tup::tup:

i want to ask why people don't protest against the **** sites?

great another person saying:

****=BLASPHEMY=****

**** SHOULD BE MUST BE BANNED

however, **** & blashpemy are NOT the same thing!!! :hitwall::hitwall:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom