What's new

Pakistan's Internet censorship

All the things you have said belive me I would be glad if such thing do happen I am all for Pakistan advancing in every field but this advancement should not come at the cost of destroying our values, our culture and our traditions. I for one am against such measures which will eventually lead us to a path where one day we will look at ourselves and ask who am I? Their are ways by which we can be a modern society but I refuse to be so modern that our cultere is funished.
Why would our values be destroyed?

See answer these questions?

Are our values better than ****?
Are our people able to make their own decisions?
Is Islam better than sin?
Is Islam better than evil?

If your answers are yes, then we don't need any laws to make us better human beings. Only if you disagree with the above, you should get these laws.

unfortunately, youtube doesn't really pay attention to foreign material, unless it is licensed in the us.
Be a good Muslim and report theft wherever you see it.

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Just because one crime has taken place, it doesn't mean everyone should be collectively punished...

in an islamic govt, no one is forced to islam. it's only muslims that can't leave the religion. you of all people should know that.
But why?
If no one is forced then why put laws against Youtube! That is forcing people! Why not hit the people who are not praying?

Haha what sort of Islam are you preaching which no one wants to willingly follow?

asim, no one is saying that we don't need laws. please try not to misunderstand, mujahideen is trying to bring a point about preserving our culture. i'm trying prove that islamic law doesn't include somethings you tie in with it. i'm sorry if i've offended you in any way.

Why would our values be destroyed?

See answer these questions?

Are our values better than ****?
Are our people able to make their own decisions?
Is Islam better than sin?
Is Islam better than evil?

If your answers are yes, then we don't need any laws to make us better human beings. Only if you disagree with the above, you should get these laws.

When our people are engaging in sexual activity openly isn't that destroying our culture. If you go out on Valentines Day is Pakistan we look more like a free sex society. I ask you is this part of our culture. Boys and Girls go out on this day and god know what they do. I ask you would you want your sister, your wife, your mother commiting such things. I agree that a person should control themselves but some cant. 10 years agao no one heard of Valentines day but today everyone is celebrating like its eid.This is destroying our culture. We dont celebrate Independence Day with such emotions as we do Valentines day. Our politicians must promote our culture. Lets take Benazir for example as corrupt as she was and as much as I hated her one thing i liked about her was that she alway wore a dupatta on her head and when she was asked why she said it is my culture.

besides, the youtube subject is something else. i didn't mention it to go along with my argument of islamic law. i only mentioned it because you tried to point that banning youtube would also mean taking away things muslims like to watch.

mujahideen, from what i've heard, sex isn't common among the youth in pakistan. it's done mainly in the upper class. am i wrong?

besides, the youtube subject is something else. i didn't mention it to go along with my argument of islamic law. i only mentioned it because you tried to point that banning youtube would also mean taking away things muslims like to watch.

The bottom line is every government on Earth has some sort of censorship. Now some censor more then other but they have reasons. Even in the U.S. their is a lot of censorship, for example if I was call for a revolution to overthorw the U.S. government, I would be locked up. We must draw the line somewhere. Islam was and is the most tolerant religion but even Islam has drawn some lines on where tolerance ends.

mujahideen, from what i've heard, sex isn't common among the youth in pakistan. it's done mainly in the upper class. am i wrong?

You are totally right but from what I see and heard its spreading. Its spreading now faster then ever because of the media and the internet.

If this ban is really because of the reason they gave, then it is a very stupid decision. YouTube will never remove the "objectionable" material from it's site, so will they keep it blocked forever?

Also, all this ban does is let anti-Islam people upload their hate videos and also anti-Pakistan people can spread propoganda against Pakistan while Pakistanis are unable to counter it with positive videos. I wrote the chairman of the PTA an email, didn't get a response so far.

in an islamic govt, no one is forced to islam. it's only muslims that can't leave the religion. you of all people should know that.

Muslims can't leave the religion? lol

The replies in this thread (other than Asim's) are just scary and unfortunate.

Salaams,

Whats your misconception? There is no obligation in Islam.

Its cleary stated in the Qu'ran.

Those who are forcing people, are doing wrong.
You are only supposed to convey the message.

Allah Hafiz

Is youtube the only source one has to get all the benefits????

The material no matter objectionable or valuable will continue pouring.

And as we say im Urdu Shakr khoray ko shakar mil hee jati ha.

So its not the end of the world.

Back
Top Bottom