What's new

Pakistan's Internet censorship

i hope pakistan attempts to revive its film industry, but not for entertainment. I hope it'll be something that will get these kids off bollywood. let's just hope it will be not like love stories and "crappy" action films bollywood makes.

Salaams,
lol...Then what is the point on the Prohibition of Alcohol in KSA, Libya, and Pakistan.
Of course such things should not be prohibited, it should be discouraged. What is the point of you praying five times a day if I hit you with a stick and force you to? Are you doing it out of my fear or Allah's fear?

Its also the government's duty to safeguard the people from such vices. I do agree with the Imaan part...people should, rather must have a strong imaan.
The government's duty is to make sure that we are not being forced to comit any vices such as is the case with a huge percentage of Pakistan's prostitutes who are doing so under duress.

Technically placing bans is a huge insult on Islam. Basically by doing so you are saying "Islam itself wasn't so powerful, so I should assist Islam in my own way to keep people from sinning".

However since some don't and some are silly...hence, the government should take some responsibility...
Parents should take responsibility. They should raise up their children better to decide right from wrong. It is not the government's job.

dude, i'm way ahead of you. as i've mentioned before, too many young "hormonally stressed" :lol: boys think their lives mirror bollywood movies. I don't watch them myself( i think it's stupid ) , but before I didn't really mind when bollywood movies were a lot more cleaner. now bollywood is just trying to imitate western culture and they're doing a really bad job at it. it's just ruining the minds of the youth.

My brother you are totally right. But if you even look at some of our own entertainment contents it looks like we are also trying to copy the Western culture. I mean when I watch I Pakistani drama they talk in English, they wear western cloths and its all full of glamor. I am really against all this stuff. We have our own culture why must we follow someone elses culture. I think the state must take action in correcting this disease as I would call it which is spreading in our society. The only channel I would say still promoting our culture is probably PTV.

Salaams,

Of course such things should not be prohibited, it should be discouraged. What is the point of you praying five times a day if I hit you with a stick and force you to? Are you doing it out of my fear or Allah's fear?
i don't know whether an islamic govt. should ban alcohol, but i've never heard of Rasulullah Salallahu alaihi wa salam punishing anyone for not praying, although he did show anger. i know that drunk people should be beaten!:lol:

But if you even look at some of our own entertainment contents it looks like we are also trying to copy the Western culture. I mean when I watch I Pakistani drama they talk in English, they wear western cloths and its all full of glamor. I am really against all this stuff. We have our own culture why must we follow someone elses culture. I think the state must take action in correcting this disease as I would call it which is spreading in our society. The only channel I would say still promoting our culture is probably PTV.
yea, i know what you mean. that's something that unfortunately is a plague upon our society. don't worry, soon, you will see that change for the better, insha'Allah.

even, the china, is now embracing it's ancient traditions and culture. now people are starting to attend confucius classes by the masses. children are drilled daily with confucian teachings. lost kung fu styles are starting to be recovered.

i don't know whether an islamic govt. should ban alcohol, but i've never heard of Rasulullah Salallahu alaihi wa salam punishing anyone for not praying, although he did show anger. i know that drunk people should be beaten!:lol:

I in an Islamic government or Millat it is up to the government to make sure that Islam is followed in a right way. Now we in Pakistan are a secular state and believe me I am proud of it and will defend Pakistan secularism. Now alcohol ought to be totally banned because all Muslims agree that alcohol is totally haram and I think if we were to ban it it would be no problem. Now their are also some other things we can bann such as sexual material, because I think no Pakistani wants their knids watching sexual behavior. In youtubes case I think the people would actually support a move of banning youtube because it was being used to advocate un-Islamic stuff. Now if someone doesn't like these steps too bad or try and get to Parliament and have things done the way they want it to be done.

Reading your responses, I can truly see the old days are back.

Whatever happened to Azadi, Roshan Khayali, ehtadaal pasandi?

All I see is a bunch of people who have no control on themselves from committing sins so they need to be controlled by others to do the right thing.

But what about all the educational videos? What about the news media? What about the Islamic videos? Just Youtube for Haroon Yahya, Youtube for Dr. Israr, Youtube for Dr. Aamer Liaqat, Youtube for Dr. Zakir Naik? Just to kill one video you're killing a lot more good things!

The point is the same. If you have to be forced to not watch youtube why can't I force you to pray five times a day? Why shouldn't I start catching Christians off the street and force them to say La-illaha-illalah? When you have to go crazy, go all the way!

But what about all the educational videos? What about the news media? What about the Islamic videos? Just Youtube for Haroon Yahya, Youtube for Dr. Israr, Youtube for Dr. Aamer Liaqat, Youtube for Dr. Zakir Naik? Just to kill one video you're killing a lot more good things!
shouldn't we be purchasing these videos instead of watching them on youtube?

Salaams,

Salaams,
Such things should be prohibited!
Do not bring Prayers into this, for prayers is a totally different thing. You are allowed to do some spanking on the person[for atleast diciplining purposes], BUT you are not allowed to hit him with a stick or whip him/her with a whip. I realize there is a misconception about this in Pakistan...

Salaams,
The government's duty is to make sure that we are not being forced to comit any vices such as is the case with a huge percentage of Pakistan's prostitutes who are doing so under duress.

Well...thats why the government NEEDS TO BE MORE DEDICATED...to stoping such vices. I'm totally aware Asim...at what people do in Lahore and Karachi...its a National shame!

Salaams,

Technically placing bans is a huge insult on Islam. Basically by doing so you are saying "Islam itself wasn't so powerful, so I should assist Islam in my own way to keep people from sinning".

Parents should take responsibility. They should raise up their children better to decide right from wrong. It is not the government's job.

When the Prophet (saw) himself said in a Hadith that no nation will be successfull without Sharia law...what do you expect...

-------------------------------------------------------

Ofcourse its the parent's job, but atleast the government can limit the explicity such as placing controls and thresholds--->the sharia...

Allah Hafiz

Whatever happened to Azadi, Roshan Khayali, ehtadaal pasandi?

All the things you have said belive me I would be glad if such thing do happen I am all for Pakistan advancing in every field but this advancement should not come at the cost of destroying our values, our culture and our traditions. I for one am against such measures which will eventually lead us to a path where one day we will look at ourselves and ask who am I? Their are ways by which we can be a modern society but I refuse to be so modern that our cultere is funished.

Back
Top Bottom