What's new

Pakistan's Internet censorship

For how long is Pakistani youth going to take this **** from so called "Islam ke Thekedars" ...why don't people get together and protest against these bans that are called upon whims and fancies of some schmuck.

For how long is Pakistani youth going to take this **** from so called "Islam ke Thekedars" ...why don't people get together and protest against these bans that are called upon whims and fancies of some schmuck.

Don't worry i expect internal arm twisting from the Chambers of Commerce and ISPs union pretty soon... This ban is poorly thought through and will be short lived.

LHC orders blocking of Google, Yahoo, 7 other sites

Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Blasphemous material

By our correspondent

BAHAWALPUR: The Lahore High Court has directed the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority to immediately block nine websites for publishing and promoting sacrilegious material, and ordered the PTA chairman to appear in the court on June 28, 2010 along with all relevant material.

Justice Mazher Iqbal Sidhu of the LHC Bahawalpur Bench, while hearing a write petition on Tuesday, ordered blocking of nine websites including Yahoo, MSN, Hotmail, YouTube, Google, Islam Exposed, In The Name Of Allah, Amazon and Bing.

A citizen, Muhammad Sidiq, filed a writ petition No. 3246/2010 in the LHC, seeking a ban on the websites for publishing blasphemous materials and twisting the facts and figure of Holy Quran. Deputy Attorney General Muhammad Hussain Azad also endorsed the viewpoint of the petitioner and demanded blocking of these websites.

Counsel for the petitioner, Latif-ur-Rehman Advocate presented CDs and other evidence in the court, showing that the said websites were publishing sacrilegious material. Later, President High Court Bar Aslam Dhakkar said the court has given a historic decision. He said the legal fraternity would observe a complete strike in Bahawalpur on Wednesday (today) against publication of such material by these websites. He said a meeting would also discuss the situation today.

LHC orders blocking of Google, Yahoo, 7 other sites

Why these judges don't ban TTP channel and all the radical media stuff by extremists?:undecided:

Muslims are somehow unable to cope with criticism & they ban everything that challenges their myths, anything that goes against their school of thought or demolishes the myth of their perfect scriptures is idiotic & we get a straight ban, how tolerant...

Welcome to Pakistan, the Delusional & the one only self proclaimed Flag Bearer of a Myth which no one implements in real life but they will love to kill each other & die for it despite of the fact that they are still followers of same Prophet & God, The myth which tells us to believe in everything blindly & declares it faith, the myth that tells us that world other than Muslims is nothing more than a liar, To hell with infidel world & this life we are happy with our own world of Islam & delusion of world here after for heaven

if our people & judges started caring like this for the people who are killed daily by the terrorists & the people who are out there committing suicide coz of hunger we will get a peaceful Pakistan in no time

Last edited:
Why these judges don't ban TTP channel and all the radical media stuff by extremists?:undecided:

interestingly the service providers of many terrorists orgs including al-qaeda are in US or western countries :angel:

interestingly the service providers of many terrorists orgs including al-qaeda are in US or western countries :angel:

that cannot stop judges & PTA from banning the the real scum form this true Islamic country...

Stop searching for excuses

Pakistan's Internet censorship

Internet Censorship???
No wonder "Chinese" are your best friends !!!

BTW, this strong sense of insecurity about its religion will harm pakistan in long term.

The myth which tells us to believe in everything blindly & declares it faith

^^ If we omit the word 'everything', wouldn't that be something which our religion asks us to do at quite a few occasions?

P.S. i am against censorship and have agreed to most posters here.

Internet Censorship???
No wonder "Chinese" are your best friends !!!

BTW, this strong sense of insecurity about its religion will harm pakistan in long term.

while i dont really support the bans, i support the blocking of offensive material

has nothing to do with insecurity. Has to do with RESPECT.

As it is a court order, you have no locus standi on this and therefore no need for you to analyze our affairs.

Your concerns have been 'noted' though, rest assured!!! :lol:

:rolleyes:

Abu bhai, kya khaya tha aj apnay nashtay main..??

Hmmm...i think i should also start taking rooh afza, or may be jamay shireen would also do the trick? :P

as Chinese are our ''best friends'' I may also recommend some General Tso's beef, with spicy sesame oil and diced 'badam'

Back
Top Bottom