What's new

Pakistan's Helicopter Problem

For transport role, Pakistan is buying more Mi-17's from Russia
For light utility role, it is negotiating for 40 ex-German MBB Bo 105CBS-5

MBB Bos isnt confirmed ... n most of those will probably equip the civilian services like police,rescue etc.. and maybe a few for army.

For attack role, Pak is planning to buy 15 T-129 ATAK from Turkey but requires US $500 million which it doesn't have..

Come up with a source for the 500 million n dnt have money issues..
For light attack role, 10 modified Eurocopter Fennec's (C3 variant) have been ordered from France and are likely to be delivered soon.

So, going for Black Hawk's is unlikely ..

US delivered Pakistan a squadron of 14 AH-1F Cobras in March 2010. So, having 15 T-129 ATAK in a squadron is no big deal ..

US transfers Cobra helicopters to Pakistan - GEO.tv
Pakistan Gets 16 Jordanian AH-1Ss & 13 'Spares' AH-1Fs

A BATCH of 16 ex-Royal Jordanian Air Force (RJAF) AH-1S Cobra attack helicopters were handed over to the Pakistan Army on March 16, following completion of acceptance flights. They were expected to arrive in Pakistan around the month-end to supplement Pakistan's existing fleet of the type.

Additionally, a statement by the US Embassy in Islamabad on March 16, confirmed that the Pakistan Army will also take delivery later this year of 13 ex-US Army AH-1F Cobras to use as spares for its current fleet. They are currently stored at the US Helicopter Facility in Ozark, Alabama.

These additional AH-1Fs form part of a larger transaction that also included 12 operational AH-1Fs that have already been delivered. The first 8 were handed over on Feburary 2, 2007, followed by a further 4 on October 22 of that year. These are part of a deal under which Pakistan acquired 40 examples of the type, of which 20 were to be refurbished for operational use, while the other 20were only for spares.

Although delivery of the first 12 operational Cobras has been completed, the remaining 8 were rejected and will not be delivered. DynCorp refurbished these AH-1Fs at its facility in Aquadilla, Puerto Rico, where it also stripped a further 7 for spares.

AFM-May-2010

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...sqd-transferred-pakistan-8.html#ixzz2ZsvTp8XZ

So according to you developing a new helicopter and producing it in small numbers will be cheaper than buying a already successful and produced helicopter? Ever heard of the term economies of scale?

you ever herd of the term " who gives a ****"?
anyhow yes obviously in the long run it will be cheaper, and there is no reason to produce it in small numbers, if a helicopter we make our self costs us half as much as a foreign one then we can afford to buy to buy twice as much because not only is the price cheaper but the maintenance as well , not only that but we can potentially export them as well, using your logic we shouldn't have developed the jf17.

Z-11 is a variant of Z-9 which is an ASW heli... in short a license produced french heli with Chinese upgrades etc.

Here is double engined Z-9

Harbin+Z-9-+attack-helicopter+1.jpg

& here is single engined Z-11

1261135.jpg

From which angle you argue that Z-11 is Z-9's variant.

Fennec also produced by china under license.

PAA armed fennec:

1wmkx.jpg

You said Z-11 is Z-9's variant. So point out similarity between them. China export licence produced Fennec helicopters not give its licence to Pakistan.

You said Z-11 is Z-9's variant. So point out similarity between them. China export licence produced Fennec helicopters not give its licence to Pakistan.

Yet they gave it to argentina? the pic you posted is of an argentinian produced Z-11... so you fail again.

Yet they gave it to argentina? the pic you posted is of an argentinian produced Z-11... so you fail again.

First tell similarity between Z-9 & Z-11 & China give home made Z-11's licence to Argentina.
If you say Z-11 is licence produced by China then simply give me original products name.

First tell similarity between Z-9 & Z-11 & China give home made Z-11's licence to Argentina.
If you say Z-11 is licence produced by China then simply give me original products name.

Kid... stop whining or get lost... the fact is tht Z-11,Z-9,Mi-17s etc any of them can be produced with license from China.

Oi @darkinsky @Secur - Kaiseee Engineer ho tum loggg...eik Helicopter bhi nahin banaa sakteiii ? :disagree:

Mein kehtaa huuun ke apni University Degreeyan jalaaa dooo....jalaaa do I tell you ! :pissed:

What about giving me a chance in this country so one day , I do not have to leave it for better opportunities and because a Material Engineer isn't needed and even if needed , he's paid a handsome salary of PKR 20,000-25,000 at most . :D

The West values people , the South Asians waste , my friend .

Last edited by a moderator:
What about giving me a chance in this country so one day , I do not have to leave it for better opportunities and because a Material Engineer isn't needed and even if needed , he's paid a handsome salary of PKR 20,000-25,000 at most . :D

The West values people , the South Asians waste , my friend .

Abbaii kameeneiii issss matiii ke liyee murrrr jaaa...teriii maaan haii yeh watan - Baaat kartaa haii West janeiii keyyy...I;m so ashamed off you....so...so very ashamed of you ! :disagree:

Tuuu banaa Helicopter aur isss mulk kiii khidmat karrr......mein Singapore seii salaaam bhejooon gaaa ! :omghaha:

Kid... stop whining or get lost... the fact is tht Z-11,Z-9,Mi-17s etc any of them can be produced with license from China.

Simply say you are out of logic.:lol:

Well, first time in my life I hear that a single engine conventional tail rotor helicopter is variant of double engine Fenestron faired-in tail rotor helicopter:omghaha:

Simply say you are out of logic.:lol:

Well, first time in my life I hear that a single engine conventional tail rotor helicopter is variant of double engine Fenestron faired-in tail rotor helicopter:omghaha:

Wow you want a reward for correcting me on Z-9 n Z-11 now? beside my logic was tht they are french choppers produced by China tht we could also get with ToT like argentina... maybe its hard for you to understand...

P.S= You cant get the award coz of ur ignorance of the production rights of those choppers.. so bye bye.

Abbaii kameeneiii issss matiii ke liyee murrrr jaaa...teriii maaan haii yeh watan - Baaat kartaa haii West janeiii keyyy...I;m so ashamed off you....so...so very ashamed of you ! :disagree:

Tuuu banaa Helicopter aur isss mulk kiii khidmat karrr......mein Singapore seii salaaam bhejooon gaaa ! :omghaha:

Kameenay tujhay singapore ghussnay koun deta hai... :laughcry:

Back
Top Bottom