What's new

Pakistan's Future ICBM 'Taimur'

I really think it is at work a long range missle or parhaps not who know's Pakistan is good at keeping secrets or likes to atleast ! but i really think right now the main focus should be on our economy second the wot cleaning up this terror from our nation even if we havent made a long range missle we need to do take care of more important things first this can always be done in due time when perhaps needed we have the tech if we want to do it iam sure we can :pakistan:

pakistan , should go for ICBM 'Taimur' !
why?
why not, its a very important & very much needed step in this power dominated world of our's, pakistan should get the power to defend itself from any 1 of the veto powers , in case of thier any attack on pakistan, & in any condition:tup::agree:.

it will be a confidence booster for the nation itself, it will going to give a insurance to the country that , no one can attack it !
sure , my vote goes to yes!:agree::tup::pakistan:

Posted by batmannow
Pakistan , should go for ICBM 'Taimur' !
why?
why not, its a very important & very much needed step in this power dominated world of our's, pakistan should get the power to defend itself from any 1 of the veto powers , in case of thier any attack on pakistan, & in any condition:tup::agree:.

it will be a confidence booster for the nation itself, it will going to give a insurance to the country that , no one can attack it !
sure , my vote goes to yes!

yes we do need it, as disscussed earlier, more to show off our military muscel! :sniper:

the technology is not a problem as with such high tech missiles already being produced with such command over them, we will Inshallah face no problems increasing the range,

the major issue or problem will be that it will/may draw up so much international pressure and in these desperate times of our economy, we surely dont want them to get angry!!;)

so for me, again, the option is to develp as space launch rocket, it will have the range, thrust and pay-load and by working on this tech, developing an ICBM will me months away!
in other words we must work on an ICBA undercover of a space rocket! ;)

what do you guys think of it

regards :pakistan:

yes we do need it, as disscussed earlier, more to show off our military muscel! :sniper:

the technology is not a problem as with such high tech missiles already being produced with such command over them, we will Inshallah face no problems increasing the range,

the major issue or problem will be that it will/may draw up so much international pressure and in these desperate times of our economy, we surely dont want them to get angry!!;)

so for me, again, the option is to develp as space launch rocket, it will have the range, thrust and pay-load and by working on this tech, developing an ICBM will me months away!
in other words we must work on an ICBA undercover of a space rocket! ;)

what do you guys think of it

regards :pakistan:

In the worlds eyes specialy the US's it will be looked at as like another North korean launch India will make noise forsure! :disagree:

pakistan , should go for ICBM 'Taimur' !
why?

sure , my vote goes to yes!:agree::tup::pakistan:

Yup but we also need an economy to sustain such a project because once we have the US in range, we can't expect dollars to flow..right?
Also there are other projects which can give us the same capability without raising too much eyebrows for example an SLCM. Moreover an anti satellite capability is also a need of the hour. To blind an enemy from gathering real time intelligence can seriously hurt the offensive capability of someone such as the US who heavily rely on information gathering through satellite.

Yup but we also need an economy to sustain such a project because once we have the US in range, we can't expect dollars to flow..right?
Also there are other projects which can give us the same capability without raising too much eyebrows for example an SLCM. Moreover an anti satellite capability is also a need of the hour. To blind an enemy from gathering real time intelligence can seriously hurt the offensive capability of someone such as the US who heavily rely on information gathering through satellite.

very true, again i will e,phasis on a space launch rocket, actually i keep on repeating this same point again and again because i feel that the satelite launch market have huge potential, even if we manage to get minimum share of private or foreign space market we can earn lots of Foreign Exchange that can then be used for further improvements.
if we develop this rocket technology, we can earn money which can be used for developing/buying guaidance system for anti-satelite or ICBM,

actually i have previously mentioned that the technology is not an issue, we are good at it, all we lack is money, so hy not get it from exploring the space market!!

regards

:cheers:

i just read in today's JANG newpaper (13 August 2009) that Pakistan has prepared a missile with 7000 km range and it will be tested soon.
Any info regarding this.?:pakistan:

Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile With 7,000 KM Rage War Head On Going

PAKISTAN, ISLAMABAD: Pakistan is contemplating developing an Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) with a 7,000 km range to make the country’s defence impregnable and strengthen the armed forces of the country against any offence. The plan was evolved after successful test fire of Agni IV, the Indian ICBM system with a target range of 6000 km, which caused an imbalance of power in South Asia, extremely well informed defence sources told Business Recorder here on Wednesday.

Sources maintained that preparations are underway for the development of this long range ballistic missile and very soon it would be test fired. It would have the capacity to carry conventional and nuclear war heads. This missile, if successfully test fired, will be a milestone in the history of the country and a major achievement of scientists and engineers of Pakistan.

The possession of this ICBM not only will make Pakistan’s defence impregnable but will also help create a balance of power in the region, which defence analysts believe was disturbed by the Indian test firing of Agni IV missile with a range of 6000 kilometres.

This scribe contacted high officials of the Defence Ministry who claimed ignorance of this development and refused to comment on this matter. The Director General of the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), when contacted by this scribe also said that he was not aware of the development of the ICBM with a range of 7000 kilometre. It is pertinent to note that India recently test fired the 6000-kilometer Agni IV Missile with a capacity to hit and destroy targets deep in China.
http://www.apakistannews.com/inter-...le-with-7000-km-rage-war-head-on-going-133677

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I already read this in Express news.(attatched)
As far as I know its already developed and known as Tippu, Scientists are preparing for test. :pakistan:

What is the intended target for this missile?
The Aaj TV report says this missile is in response to India's Agni-IV missile, which is basically targeted towards Beijing and is yet to be tested. Right now India's longest range tested missile is Agni-III which has range of 3,500Kms.

How and where will this new ICBM be tested?

Last edited:
Yes, I already read this in Express news.(attatched)
As far as I know its already developed and known as Tippu, Scientists are preparing for test. :pakistan:

this would be the great event for Pakistan...But sir i think Tipu was reported to have a range of 4500 to 6000 kms. Are you sure that this missile will be the Tipu...? if it is so then this would be HATF 9 hnnn?:pakistan:

ISLAMABAD : Pakistan is contemplating developing an Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) with a 7,000 km range to make the country's defence impregnable and strengthen the armed forces of the country against any offence. The plan was evolved after successful test fire of Agni IV, the Indian ICBM system with a target range of 6000 km, which caused an imbalance of power in South Asia, extremely well informed defence sources told Business Recorder here on Wednesday.

Sources maintained that preparations are underway for the development of this long range ballistic missile and very soon it would be test fired. It would have the capacity to carry conventional and nuclear war heads. This missile, if successfully test fired, will be a milestone in the history of the country and a major achievement of scientists and engineers of Pakistan.

The possession of this ICBM not only will make Pakistan's defence impregnable but will also help create a balance of power in the region, which defence analysts believe was disturbed by the Indian test firing of Agni IV missile with a range of 6000 kilometres.

This scribe contacted high officials of the Defence Ministry who claimed ignorance of this development and refused to comment on this matter. The Director General of the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), when contacted by this scribe also said that he was not aware of the development of the ICBM with a range of 7000 kilometre. It is pertinent to note that India recently test fired the 6000-kilometer Agni IV Missile with a capacity to hit and destroy targets deep in China.

I still doubt if its still completed. Because most of the leak comes when the product is in production (missile easily takes 10 years to develop). There is news about Surya Missile capacity of around 8-12K Km. But Govt. of India denies about existence of such projects (might be secret).

So, lets wait for some good source or at least meaningful source which states, what is stage currently, when will be tested and when will be integrated.

I still doubt if its still completed. Because most of the leak comes when the product is in production (missile easily takes 10 years to develop). There is news about Surya Missile capacity of around 8-12K Km. But Govt. of India denies about existence of such projects (might be secret).

So, lets wait for some good source or at least meaningful source which states, what is stage currently, when will be tested and when will be integrated.

8-12k is a good jump mate, good luck if india goes for longer n longer ranges pakistan i guess would have no choice but to counter it.

Reality on indian side depicts a bit of different picture dont u think so! dreaming is legal, no offense: here is a little clue:

JAtoRfc-8sw[/media] - Incredible Indian Missile test

On the other note i dont see any news on ICBM in todays-13-AUG-2009 Jang paper.

if it is true it must be due for 14h of August

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom