What's new

Pakistan's Future ICBM 'Taimur'

mughaljee same situation is b/w noth and south Korea did US do anything about them:) but yeah if PPP is in power dang nothing can be done.

Pakistan should keep a icbm on the shelf right now(fully prepared to fly).........and test fire it at the time of tensions with any foreign country......testing such a device now may detoriate its relation with the americans and may arouse the possibilities of various sanctions.......thnx

We should test an ICBM to send a strong msg

What do you mean by a strong message I beileve that this be a message of hatred to Americans/ Israel or whatever. I hope you may not be talking that they treat us like Iranians because if they do our economy will be turned to MUD because we don't have influential Russian support in any aspect yet!! also we don't have that much oil & gas reserviors to make our economy a sustained one

We should test an ICBM to send a strong msg

Before sending out a strong message of this type, we need to send one interms of our economy. We need to show them that we can and will sustain with or without your help. Secondly we need to get out of this mess that we are currently in, thanks to the WOT. Once we achieve the above two things, going ICBM will not be that hard.

An ICBM is 5000+ range projectile. Where do we fire it from and to for this suggested test?? Frankly my dear and at this stage we only need to be technology ready and do not really need an ICBM albeit our smaller range operational deployed projectiles already cover the length and breadth of India (which remains enemy No. 1 for such a purpose). So I do not see the logic behind this. However, I am all for the conductance of a Hydrogen Bomb Test by Pakistan in the Arabian Ocean designated site. Sooner the better!

i totally disagree with pakistan having a ICBM.

First question is can we even build it? having the ability to have ICBM does not mean do we have capable scientist, you need more than scientist to build a weapon like that.

currently USA, russia, china and france have working ICBMs and look at there GDP ranks
Rank Country GDP (millions of USD)
1 United States 14,330,000
3 China (PRC) 4,222,000
5 France 2,978,000
8 Russia 1,757,000

49 Pakistan 160,900
Source: 2008 List by the CIA World Factbook

oh and im not an indian pretending to be pakistani and having a go at pakistani economy but we have to face the facts.

Secondly do we even need one? i see ppl here say we need to send a strong message, wat message is this? ppl (rightly) complaining about USA carrying out drone attacks, well this is the way to make them stop? i can think of other ways of doing that cant u? remember USA is NOT carrying out these attack forcefully but with our governments approval, remember "we agreed to disagree" crap. if tomorrow Pakistan foreign minister says "if USA drone violate Pakistani air space we will shoot them down" simple and they will stop. we go and beg for LOANS from IMF and worldbank otherwise we might go bankrupt and buy American military hardware And receive billions of dollar of military and civilian aid from them and then you ppl are thinking of "putting them in our range".
ICBM will bring pakistan nothing but trouble, if you look at Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy and lots more who both have resource and scientist to build ICBM but they don't. and a Muslim state with nukes and ICBM is the last thing this world would wants.
besides pakistan military has a minimum deterrent strategy and a 20% cost and 80% benefit policy. Slow and over long time development towards a civilian use rocket is fine because we need the technology for civilian space program but we should never test of formally acknowledge a ICBM.
If pakistan wants to enter the world stage and do Geo politics then we should make more friends, do more trade and strengthen our economy.
:coffee:

true, the only case for Pakistan going for a long range missile is to develop a satallite launch rocket!

we do not want it for offensive purpose but IF needed it can be turned into an ICBM effetively, Pakistan have the technology and infrastructure to develop it!!

Before sending out a strong message of this type, we need to send one interms of our economy. We need to show them that we can and will sustain with or without your help. Secondly we need to get out of this mess that we are currently in, thanks to the WOT. Once we achieve the above two things, going ICBM will not be that hard.

I say that we should take the money and also launch the ICBM. The US will Eventually pull its hands out .
But we must make sure that our missiles should be capable of reaching TELAVIV(ISRAEL)

I say that we should take the money and also launch the ICBM. The US will Eventually pull its hands out .
But we must make sure that our missiles should be capable of reaching TELAVIV(ISRAEL)

I think Israel comes in our missile range....correct me on this one. I remember at a time when there was a high chance Israel along with India were about to attack Pakistan's nuclear installations, Ghauri was fueled and was targeted towards Israel as a result of which an unusual visit by the Israeli FM to Pakistan occurred in which he assured that Israel does not have such intentions.

I think Israel comes in our missile range....correct me on this one. I remember at a time when there was a high chance Israel along with India were about to attack Pakistan's nuclear installations, Ghauri was fueled and was targeted towards Israel as a result of which an unusual visit by the Israeli FM to Pakistan occurred in which he assured that Israel does not have such intentions.

no the distance between pakistan and israel is 3355.79 km, the longest range missile we have are:
ghauri II with a range of 2300km with 1200 Kg payload and if the payload is decreased to 750 kg the range is increased to 2800Km

saheen II with range of 2500 but this can carry MIRV so if this MIRV is removed the range may well be increased but still it wont hit Israel!!

BUT the Shaheen-III and Ghauri-III in development with range of about 3500-4000 and 3000-3500Km if developed will be able to reach Israel!!
but i dont thhink the Americans will let us do that, as i have said i read somewhere about this issue

i hope it the post helps you!:enjoy:

:cheers:

I think ( I feel) Pakistan have already developed Shaheen-III and Ghauri-III with range of about 3500-4000 and 3000-3500Km

I think that there was some kind of plan like this but in the End the Indians backed out from it feeling that Pakistan would engage into a full scale war .

As far as i know that our Missiles cannot reach Israel .

We can use such kind of tests(ICBM tests) as a detterent or for changing the rules of engagement.

no they cannot, i have already posted this info but i guess that something went wrong and it is not here, atleast i cannot se that post so for your info here i post it again, sorry if it gets repeated!

no the distance between pakistan and israel is 3355.79 km, the longest range missile we have are:
ghauri II with a range of 2300km with 1200 Kg payload and if the payload is decreased to 750 kg the range is increased to 2800Km

saheen II with range of 2500 but this can carry MIRV so if this MIRV is removed the range may well be increased but still it wont hit Israel!!

BUT the Shaheen-III and Ghauri-III in development with range of about 3500-4000 and 3000-3500Km if developed will be able to reach Israel!!
but i dont thhink the Americans will let us do that, as i have said i read somewhere about this issue

i hope it the post helps you!

It's important for Pakistan to have ICBM program, maybe it's better to keep it secret until we need it against any serious threat.

India is our N.1 enemy but don't forget the hiding enemy; Israel which is backing india and all anti-Muslim forces. It's Israel the Muslim world N.1 enemy and we must build the capability to target and destroy it, so it's better to have an ICBM.

Our possible enemies are also beyond us; our politicians. we must also get the capabilty to punish them....not like in the past when every politician do damage to Pakistan and simply get away without any problem, if they do corruption, it's same as like they betray Pakistan so they must be hang up! so the new ones think twice before doing anything against Pakistani interests...i think we don't need an ICBM to do all this?!

For now Pakistan N.1 Goal is internal security and our economy. we must fix these 2 problems first.

once we have a Stable Economy it would be more easier for us to carry out any costly program like ICBM etc.

I think that there was some kind of plan like this but in the End the Indians backed out from it feeling that Pakistan would engage into a full scale war .

As far as i know that our Missiles cannot reach Israel .

We can use such kind of tests(ICBM tests) as a detterent or for changing the rules of engagement.

Yes, Pakistan need missels with range 4000Km.

Back
Top Bottom