What's new

Pakistan's Future ICBM 'Taimur'

Everybody complains Pakistan is always "reactive" to threats, well this time Pakistan is "proactive" in meeting future threats. I fully agree, acquiring ICBM's was a great step forward in Pakistan confronting future threats and enhancing it's missile projection capability.

I believe one of the major motives of Pakistan attaining an ICBM is to counter contemporary and certainly future threats. Considering the historical animosity between Pakistan and Israel, this ICBM will certainly allow Pakistan to counter any Indo-Israeli strikes on Pakistan has had been attempted in the past, by Pakistan making direct strikes on Israeli territory.

Consider the horrible tragedy and genocide of Bosnia by Serbians, Croats, and other Christian ethnic groups in the 1990's. If Pakistan had possessed this ICBM we could have launched the ICBM at Serbia and help protect our Bosnian brothers and friends by striking Serbia. Yes, this ICBM of 7,000km can reach SE Europe and especially the Balkan region, this would have certainly come in handy in the future...

Pakistan is flexing it's muscles and projecting it's missile range, this is a good step in our military affairs and development.

Well if it is indeed an effort at space launching, I would say that Pakistan is doing it wrong. It is easier to masquerade an ICBM project as space program because this window dressing enables the entire research relating to ICBM, to be done outside the scope of prying eyes and ears. Why would Pakistan want to do it the other way round. Declare a space program as ICBM project and draw unnecessary attention, and in the process create unnecessary flutter among powers that be?

So either it is a genuine ICBM project, which in itself may prove to be diplomatically costly, or it is just for domestic consumption. Or the report itself is not true.

I still doubt if its still completed. Because most of the leak comes when the product is in production (missile easily takes 10 years to develop). There is news about Surya Missile capacity of around 8-12K Km. But Govt. of India denies about existence of such projects (might be secret).

So, lets wait for some good source or at least meaningful source which states, what is stage currently, when will be tested and when will be integrated.
Bro the leak of this missile was long ago and in Pakistan it's when the news is out it means it is been done. I agree with you because when india leaks any news of her missiles its either start working on it or in the middle but in Pakistan it works the other way around. Pakistani believe that we had this missile for almost 2-3 years back, We were just waiting for India to make a move like always so we fallow. :pakistan:

This was discussed at length in a different thread that ICBMs would be a net-negative for Pakistan. If we can hit Europe, they would be less likely to help us militarily. And it might bring sanctions from US -- no military sales unless they are COIN related.

Interesting concern you raise, well Iran can hit Europe and Europeans some of them still conduct business with Iran, Turkey can hit Europe, hell Turkey can invade Europe...:lol::lol:

I don't see any reason why Europe would view Pakistan as a threat, there's really no substance or validity to this concern. I really don't see this development as a "net-negative" for Pakistan, I mean perhaps the possibility exist but the probability is little. I could be wrong, we will have to stay tuned to see the reaction, let time take it's course...

This means Beijing, Tianjin, Guangzhou and Shanghai will be within the range of this missile. I wonder how the Chinese will react to this.

The same way Israel, Russia, Europe and US will react to Indian ICBMs.

so does its india + america + japan's intrest to contain pak-china.

Japan is fast increasing friendship with China.

Japan does not want to be America's stooge in Asia. Looks like they are passing the baton to India.

The Agni IV was fired?

Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile With 7,000 KM Rage War Head On Going

PAKISTAN, ISLAMABAD: Pakistan is contemplating developing an Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) with a 7,000 km range to make the country’s defence impregnable and strengthen the armed forces of the country against any offence. The plan was evolved after successful test fire of Agni IV, the Indian ICBM system with a target range of 6000 km, which caused an imbalance of power in South Asia, extremely well informed defence sources told Business Recorder here on Wednesday.

Sources maintained that preparations are underway for the development of this long range ballistic missile and very soon it would be test fired. It would have the capacity to carry conventional and nuclear war heads. This missile, if successfully test fired, will be a milestone in the history of the country and a major achievement of scientists and engineers of Pakistan.

The possession of this ICBM not only will make Pakistan’s defence impregnable but will also help create a balance of power in the region, which defence analysts believe was disturbed by the Indian test firing of Agni IV missile with a range of 6000 kilometres.

This scribe contacted high officials of the Defence Ministry who claimed ignorance of this development and refused to comment on this matter. The Director General of the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), when contacted by this scribe also said that he was not aware of the development of the ICBM with a range of 7000 kilometre. It is pertinent to note that India recently test fired the 6000-kilometer Agni IV Missile with a capacity to hit and destroy targets deep in China.

The Asian Age - Enjoy the difference

Pakistan close to 7,000-km ICBM

Shafqat Ali

Islamabad

Aug. 13: Pakistan has started preparing an intercontinental missile with a range of 7,000 km, defence sources said.

"The aim is to increase our defence capabilities. The work on the project has started. It will soon be test-fired", the sources said, adding, "The intercontinental missile has a range of 7,000 km and is capable of hitting targets falling within its range. The missile can contain nuclear as well as traditional warheads," the source said.

He said the missile will be a significant milestone for the defence of the country.

On Wednesday, Air Chief Marshal Qamar Suleman said that the Pakistan Air Force plans to induct four Chinese airborne refuellers next year, in a move to counter IAF’s enhanced capabilities after New Delhi acquired six similar aircraft.

Air Chief Marshal Qamar Suleman underlined that the airborne refuellers were necessary to match IAF’s capabilities. "This is an absolutely new capability which we are inducting. We never had this capability in the PAF," he said.

He said in order to match IAF’s acquisition of the first of three airborne warning and control systems, PAF will receive four Chinese systems between 2011 and 2012.

Still "sources", no quotes.

Y europe will think like that? There is no threat for europe or any other cuntry. Its just enhancment of missel technology

Pakistan is a nuclear armed muslim state. Anti-muslim media and politcians in Europe will hype up that threat to block any military help to Pakistan.

Even if some politicians know that the threat is not real, the media and pubic opinion will make it very difficult for them to help Pakistan. Witness the U-214 debate in Germany.

The Agni IV was fired?

I think the article made a honest mistake and confused the incident with the actual Agni-III which was 'first successfully test-fired in April 2007, after initial test failure'. On May 8, 2008 the Agni-III was retested successfully* The Agni III has a range of at least 3,000 KM and that makes it more than enough to hit strategic Chinese cities like Hong Kong and Beijing for India...

*The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Nation | Agni test-fire sends 2 signals

This is a useful diagram.

c25a5221a4b5619290c58e0921295734.png

The Agni-V is believed to have a range of 5,000-6,000 km's.

I'm not one of those people who subscribe to the notion that we shouldn't build an ICBM because the US or Israel would start thinking maybe its for them since all our other missiles have been for India only.

Pakistan's missiles should be able to go hit mars, if the need is there. Doesn't mean we will just randomly shoot at people. That sort of talk is insulting - we really aren't crazy loons.

Nuclear weapons are mostly used as a deterrance. Also not to mention these weapons give us great second strike capability especially if ported as an SLBM. If God forbid all of Pakistan is destroyed, a sub sitting far, far away from the scene can start firing these nukes at our enemies.

So its all just great for deterrance and must be built. All of our enemies are doing it anyway. It'll be downright treacherous to cower away from building this weapon due to political concerns.

I think the article made a honest mistake and confused the incident with the actual Agni-III which was 'first successfully test-fired in April 2007, after initial test failure'. On May 8, 2008 the Agni-III was retested successfully* The Agni III has a range of at least 3,000 KM and that makes it more than enough to hit strategic Chinese cities like Hong Kong and Beijing for India...

*The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Nation | Agni test-fire sends 2 signals

This is a useful diagram.

c25a5221a4b5619290c58e0921295734.png

The Agni-V is believed to have a range of 5,000-6,000 km's.
No Agni IV?

No Agni IV?

Well I did find this information regarding the Agni IV.

"
Agni 4 Long Range Missile - Capable Of Striking Inland China

Dated 12/12/2007

India announced major plans to increase its nuclear capabilities Wednesday, saying it was close to testing a ballistic missile capable of hitting targets up to 6,000 kilometres (3,800 miles) away.

Such a distance would nearly double the military's current strike range, putting targets even in Europe within reach, and came one day after neighbouring Pakistan tested a nuclear capable cruise missile. M. Natarajan, who heads the Indian government's Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), said flight tests of Agni-IV ballistic missiles would begin within months."

Source: Agni 4 Long Range Missile - Capable Of Striking Inland China | India Defence

It would be best to seek further verification on these claims in the article.

Well I did find this information regarding the Agni IV.

"
Agni 4 Long Range Missile - Capable Of Striking Inland China

Dated 12/12/2007

India announced major plans to increase its nuclear capabilities Wednesday, saying it was close to testing a ballistic missile capable of hitting targets up to 6,000 kilometres (3,800 miles) away.

Such a distance would nearly double the military's current strike range, putting targets even in Europe within reach, and came one day after neighbouring Pakistan tested a nuclear capable cruise missile. M. Natarajan, who heads the Indian government's Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), said flight tests of Agni-IV ballistic missiles would begin within months."

Source: Agni 4 Long Range Missile - Capable Of Striking Inland China | India Defence

It would be best to seek further verification on these claims in the article.

Don't bother, it's already been verified as failures. Go to rupeenews.com for details - author is staunch Pak Nationalist but his research is well-grounded. :pakistan::china:

Back
Top Bottom