What's new

Pakistan's first fatality of COVID-19 may have endangered thousands.

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan's first coronavirus death exposes nation's vulnerability
Jibran Ahmad
8 Min Read

PESHAWAR (Reuters) - When Saadat Khan, 50, returned to Pakistan on March 9 from a pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia, he was greeted in his village with a rousing welcome and a grand feast attended by more than 2,000 people, many of whom embraced him warmly.

ETyA0sQXkAI7sZm

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...BN21A0X1?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=twitter

@PaklovesTurkiye

Pakistan's first coronavirus death exposes nation's vulnerability
Jibran Ahmad
8 Min Read

PESHAWAR (Reuters) - When Saadat Khan, 50, returned to Pakistan on March 9 from a pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia, he was greeted in his village with a rousing welcome and a grand feast attended by more than 2,000 people, many of whom embraced him warmly.

ETyA0sQXkAI7sZm

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...BN21A0X1?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=twitter

@PaklovesTurkiye

What's guys like @BATMAN @Safriz @El Sidd @Sine Nomine gonna say now. Who launched this bio weapon.

Some pumped up adrenaline boosted sectarian extremist even wanted to nuke a country on a context that it intentionally spread the virus.

My point that don't generalize people. Virus don't know place, sect, religion, ethnicity, etc.

:hitwall:

Why was this allowed to happen?!

Because most of the country is made up of fools. No wonder why polio exists only in Afghanistan and Pakistan region.

When Saadat Khan, 50, returned to Pakistan on March 9 from a pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia, he was greeted in his village with a rousing welcome and a grand feast attended by more than 2,000 people

Its more or less 150-250. For 2000 people to visit him he had be a BIG SHORT. I might sound sectarian in this case but our main problem started from IRAN + our people they're helping the virus to spread and in 10-20 days we will see the results

What's guys like @BATMAN @Safriz @El Sidd @Sine Nomine gonna say now. Who launched this bio weapon.
Now just please think about those who returned from Iran,which is hit worst than KSA.
Some pumped up adrenaline boosted sectarian extremist even wanted to nuke a country on a context that it intentionally spread the virus.
That's problem of all of you guys,mind that blaming Iran doesn't means being sectarian,an important member of PPP has been tested postive,do you know how many people he has met from Isloo to Karachi?Even thinking that is scary.

:hitwall:

Why was this allowed to happen?!
This happened on March 9th, WHO declared Covid as a pandemic on March 11. I dont have the numbers with me but I would also assume the numbers in Pakistan on March 9 was low, and more importantly there were no lockdowns/border closing/travel restrictions/social distancing awareness on March 9. A guy getting a massive welcome from village folks after coming from abroad / even more I guess in pilgrimage like this case, I think its just normal thing.

This happened on March 9th, WHO declared Covid as a pandemic on March 11. I dont have the numbers with me but I would also assume the numbers in Pakistan on March 9 was low, and more importantly there were no lockdowns/border closing/travel restrictions/social distancing awareness on March 9. A guy getting a massive welcome from village folks after coming from abroad / even more I guess in pilgrimage like this case, I think its just normal thing.

Err, virus was running amok in Asia, Europe and Iran not giving any hints at the time?!

This one person is enough to cause a massive outbreak in the region with the potential to kill thousands.

I'm not surprised. Our nation lacks foresight. We don't look beyond the end of our noses, don't analyse information and are always looking to validate our preconceptions.

I wonder how many Pakistani businesses have people working from home?

In our village a poor family are having a wedding and they're inviting thier relatives from hundreds of miles away. Hopefully lock down will stop them. People have told them not too, but they're too stupid and self conscious about looking as poor as they are - so they're still going ahead. Everyone else has refused to attend.

just got the news...two Corona patients escaped from quarantine center in Pakistan and they returned back to center after 2 hours....upon inquiring they revealed that the went to offer Juma prayers....

This type of behavior has moved Pakistan to dangerous point...

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-24_0-31-3.png
    upload_2020-3-24_0-31-3.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 93
Err, virus was running amok in Asia, Europe and Iran not giving any hints at the time?!
If the WHO was reluctant to call it pandemic (even though like you said virus was already widespread then), if most countries didnt think it was the time to call an emergency, or impose travel massive travel restrictions, if most airlines still made a business decision to continue operations and passengers were still travelling internationally, then I am sure some villagers in Peshawar wouldnt have known any better on March 9th.

I am not saying what they did is right or wrong, I am just saying the situation of his villagers welcoming him after coming from pilgrimage is nothing out of the ordinary, and the world was much different on March 9th than it is at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom