What's new

Pakistan's first CubeSat satellite launched

Brahmos_2

Reaction score
Country
India
635000-DneprAFP-1385049887-686-640x480.jpg

ISLAMABAD:
Just after noon (Pakistan time) on Thrusday, the Russian Dnepr launch vehicle took off from Yasny in Russia. The launch takes 31 satellites into space, including iCUBE-1, Pakistan’s first CubeSat satellite.

On-board Dnepr launch vehicle, the satellite was launched from Yasny launch base, Russia. The launch also created a record for the maximum payload launched into space.

iCUBE-1 by the Institute of Space Technology (IST), will open up future possibilities for carrying out experiments in the domain of space dynamics, nano technology and microgravity and is expected to serve as testing ground for developing satellite constellations.

A Spokesperson IST Raza Butt said, “iCUBE-1 has been launched in a polar orbit, 600 km above the surface of the Earth and is designed to take low-resolution images of the planet.”

The satellite has a volume of 10cm cube and houses several sensors to collect data for research purposes. Fully autonomous, it has the capability of maintaining itself via its on-board computer.

“The launch of iCUBE-1 is a significant milestone in the space programme of Pakistan and will motivate the youth in taking a more active part in satellite development programs,” Butt said.

Pakistan’s first CubeSat satellite launched – The Express Tribune
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Icube is a student satellite program of Space university,Islamabad

More detail about the satellite can be obtained from their page on fb

right now the most updated status.they received the signal

First Signal has been received from ICUBE-1 in UK ... Alhamdulillah the ICUBE-1 mission is successful ... Congrats everyone. Satellite will pass over IST around 9:30 pm today

Icube - Islamabad, Pakistan - Educational Research | Facebook

The Russians broke our record.....

our record??Dnepr actually held the previous records too..and that was from 2007.Russia several times launched swarm of Satellites..

With this launch, Pakistan jumped ahead of India in space related technologies.

How? considering India launches her own space satellites and probes, has launched the moon and mars probes, how does the launch of a PK uni project take us ahead of the Indians? I am asking genuine question? I apologise if you were being sarcastic, I missed it.

How? considering India launches her own space satellites and probes, has launched the moon and mars probes, how does the launch of a PK uni project take us ahead of the Indians? I am asking genuine question? I apologise if you were being sarcastic, I missed it.

Its going to be nearly a year for you on PDF & you still can't recognize a Troll Post when its staring you in the face ? :disagree:

In early 2000s Musharraf while attending the launching of Paksat on a Chinese rocket said
With this launch we are ahead of india
He was referring to that

Its going to be nearly a year for you on PDF & you still can't recognize a Troll Post when its staring you in the face ? :disagree:
You are right, back of the class room for me. I asked the q in a hope that I missed something regarding PK's space capabilities but in the process exposed my own D!oh moment. :)

Nothing new in launching of a satellite which was mostly made in UK and launched from Russia on their space vehicle.

It was a sarcastic comment.

This is what (ex)President Musharraf said when finally Pakistan paid and got a satellite made from China as well as launched from China in early 2000's.
It became a popular and hilarious statement in India as to how Pakistani leaders lie to the Pakistani public who are desperate to hear 'we are ahead of India'.

Even back then India was making its own sats and launching them by the dozens , commercially launching sats for other countries and had built and launched its own spy sats.

Last edited:
our record??Dnepr actually held the previous records too..and that was from 2007.Russia several times launched swarm of Satellites..

I thought ISRO held the record of launching the highest number(10) of satellites until this launch...but a quick search about Dnepr-1 showed that it launched 11 satellites in 2007.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom