What's new

Pakistan's Energy & Water - News and Updates

are you saying that zaki loves giving chummiyan to boys? :woot::lol:

Pak-Iran zindabad - a great news :pakistan:

naaa bhai is news ke baad thora emotional ho gaya thaa :rofl:

No kissi vissi to anybody except my (future) wife :)

As good as the offer is, keep in mind that building the infrastructure to be able to bring electricity in will be a costly affair for Pakistan. Not sure if GoP has the financing for it. Western donors will probably say no to anything that has the name Iran involved.

naaa bhai is news ke baad thora emotional ho gaya thaa :rofl:

No kissi vissi to anybody except my (future) wife :)

this is a nice way of giving chummiyan :cheesy:

mazay lainay kay bad bolo kay main emotional ho gaya tha:lol:

just joking with you - don't report my post please :P

As good as the offer is, keep in mind that building the infrastructure to be able to bring electricity in will be a costly affair for Pakistan. Not sure if GoP has the financing for it. Western donors will probably say no to anything that has the name Iran involved.

similar questions were raised when Iran was willing to provide electricity to Gwadar and later on Iran funded itself (99% sure)

I understand the costs are huge but it is worth an investment by the GoP if they can manage to get a cheaper tarrif.

This Iran-Pakistan pipeline project is and will be helping both nations to come closer and increase collaboration between each other

Pakistan can really use this electricity offer from Iran. The summer season is approaching and its tough to live without an AC in Pakistan. April-September it really gets boiling hot in most of the country.

Thank you Iran.

so it means that govt has no future plans to solve this problem by itself rather than just rely on foreigners and ask them for their favors..

iran is selling cheap electricity, but what about the consumer prices??

Pakistan can really use this electricity offer from Iran. The summer season is approaching and its tough to live without an AC in Pakistan. April-September it really gets boiling hot in most of the country.

Thank you Iran.

But it is going to take some time. First the government approval then the tarrif will be discussed, the funds will be generated and then infrastructure will be build. If they go for every fast pace will take many months before we start receiving electricity

so it means that govt has no future plans to solve this problem by itself rather than just rely on foreigners and ask them for their favors..

I think this is for the time being - it takes time to develop your own plants and generator. Our previous governments did not care about it and now we are facing the consequences. Even if the government plans now and take initiatives for this crisis, it still would take time to implement those idea and get things running. For the time being, take energy from wherever it comes.

I think this is for the time being - it takes time to develop your own plants and generator. Our previous governments did not care about it and now we are facing the consequences. Even if the government plans now and take initiatives for this crisis, it still would take time to implement those idea and get things running. For the time being, take energy from wherever it comes.

you say as if zerdari is actually doing something now??, govt has no plans, it just calmed pakistanis by saying that by taking loans and buying cheap old plants they had the ability to stop load shedding by december'09, but just empty promises.

This is not the matter of months, we are talking about years to be honest with you. Like the gas pipeline, this project is also dependent on peace in Balochistan as both the gas pipeline and the electricity will pass through the Balochistan. The GoP has to settle down Balochistan issue fast otherwise neither of the project is ever going to be materialized.

Consumer prices? Comsumer prices will not be afftected and profit margin will flow into country's income or into pocket of some people.

you say as if zerdari is actually doing something now??, govt has no plans, it just calmed pakistanis by saying that by taking loans and buying cheap old plants they had the ability to stop load shedding by december'09, but just empty promises.

actually Judges movement destroyed the image of Pakistan very badly and many proposed projects were awaiting an investment from foreigners were cancelled :cry:

Many comapnies backed away and the plants that were supposed to be set up last year could not take place due to lack of funds.

This is not the matter of months, we are talking about years to be honest with you. Like the gas pipeline, this project is also dependent on peace in Balochistan as both the gas pipeline and the electricity will pass through the Balochistan. The GoP has to settle down Balochistan issue fast otherwise neither of the project is ever going to be materialized.

actually i wanted to say Years but considering the state of energy hungry Pakistan i thought who knows if they establish the infrastructure in emergency to save their face from the public :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gwadar Project was completed in a matter of months only so it is possible if the funds are available they may go ahead soon

if the current government does not plan properly for this issue then the gap between our needs and supply will keep on increasing - let alone the progress

Back
Top Bottom