What's new

Pakistan's Core Problem

i gave you the exacmple of turkey before. as long as it is regulated by the state properly, it shouldnt cause any problem.

Yes Ahmad, but the Madrassas in Pakistan do not appear to be controlled by the state. And I am guessing such an initiative will not be an easy one either.

Turkey is a developed country, it had a strong infrastructure making it easier for the government to exercise its control and keep things in check. For Pakistan, which is not only underdeveloped, but is also somewhat dependent on other countries and entities for emergency times, attaining such a control over this huge network of Madrassas will not be as easy.

Once it is under the control of the state, everything will be smooth and fine. But who will bell the cat?

Sweden, Norway n Japan, have maximum number of non believers..............and they are the best nations to live into.....

Yes Ahmad, but the Madrassas in Pakistan do not appear to be controlled by the state. And I am guessing such an initiative will not be an easy one either.

Turkey is a developed country, it had a strong infrastructure making it easier for the government to exercise its control and keep things in check. For Pakistan, which is not only underdeveloped, but is also somewhat dependent on other countries and entities for emergency times, attaining such a control over this huge network of Madrassas will not be as easy.

Once it is under the control of the state, everything will be smooth and fine. But who will bell the cat?

yes, that is teh biggest problem.

even in Afghanikstan which is sadly struck by a wave of extremism, many of teh registered madrasahs have sceince and math. as i said before, when we talk about madrasah, it depends on how it is regulated.

So out of 58 Muslim countries you just got one country namely Afghanistan, which is being helped Internationally to eradicate fundamentalism??

What about the rest ??

Athiest Swedish n Japanese people are better off (in all the fields) than devout Saudis any time my friend...

lol You are equating atheism with intellect/development. It's not true.

Jews are among the most religious communities, are they lagging behind?

Or have you not seen any South Indian working in hi-tech field while sporting his chandan tilak at the same time?

In fact, religion teaches us morality, and there won't be anyone to teach those kids religion, if not the Madrassas.

It shouldn't be a problem to teach math and sciences along with religion.

So out of 58 Muslim countries you just got one country namely Afghanistan, which is being helped Internationally to eradicate fundamentalism??

What about the rest ??

India. Not really a Muslim country, but Madrassas in India teach all the subjects along with religion.

What about the rest ??

madrasahs never had the help of outsiders in afghansitan,they have always been funded and regulated by the state. those madrasahs which are mostly run in the masjids are the problem ones. i am sure afghanistan is not better than the other muslim countries. althogh before the 3 decades of proxy wars in teh country, things were very very very different. we didnt have religious bigotism, although people were practicising religion without cuasing problem to teh others. but thanks to america/zia which created the monstar of extremism for their own purpose----now both of these countries are struggling with the same snake as it is biting all of us.

lol You are equating atheism with intellect/development. It's not true.

Jews are among the most religious communities, are they lagging behind?

Or have you not seen any South Indian working in hi-tech field while sporting his chandan tilak at the same time?

In fact, religion teaches us morality, and there won't be anyone to teach those kids religion, if not the Madrassas.

It shouldn't be a problem to teach math and sciences along with religion.

India. Not really a Muslim country, but Madrassas in India teach all the subjects along with religion.

Look at the thread moniker, Pakistan's core problems.
And whatever I have said is surrounding Pakistans problems.
No Indian Muslim is in Guantanamo.
But Pakistan has most of the terrorism foot prints.
As said by madeline albright - Pakistan is a International migrain....
And the root cause is religious fanatics, coupled with Hudood, blasphemy laws.
Long live Zia ul Haq.

Long live Zia ul Haq.

and if you guys think that jews(fanatic jews) are not causing problem then you are wrong. the ziionism and extremist illegal jewish settlers are no any better than the bigots in our society.

Long live Zia ul Haq.

Well, this is what I replied to...

Athiest Swedish n Japanese people are better off (in all the fields) than devout Saudis any time my friend...

All I mean is, religion does not hamper the development of any society or community.
The terrorists in Guantanamo are there less because they are so religious, more because they failed to understand their own religion.
Zia ul Haq used and manipulated the religion to its fullest extent, which won't be possible without the corruption of the religion itself.
Afterall, how can you tell a kid that killing anyone is wrong, and then ask the kid to go kill some certain people he doesn't even know?
These are the kinds of kids that grow up with a confused idea about religion and end up either in pieces, or in Guantanamos.

and if you guys think that jews(fanatic jews) are not causing problem then you are wrong. the ziionism and extremist illegal jewish settlers are no any better than the bigots in our society.

No Ahmad, I am not saying Jews are angels, or Hindus, or Muslims for that matter.
I strictly talked about the development of the state and society where the members are just as religious.
My sole point was that religion does not restrict development, if handled properly.

No Ahmad, I am not saying Jews are angels, or Hindus, or Muslims for that matter.
I strictly talked about the development of the state and society where the members are just as religious.
My sole point was that religion does not restrict development, if handled properly.

but in case of israel, religionhas been politicized, religion has been used to victimize the others. yes, they have been successful in the fields of sicence, which is a differnet thing.

but in case of israel, religionhas been politicized, religion has been used to victimize the others. yes, they have been successful in the fields of sicence, which is a differnet thing.

In that case, the religion is feeding on the development the Jewish community has made. But, the religious community has not interfered with/detested the heretic education. I call it heretic because today's education debunks the theories of the Jewish religion, be it on science, or history.

For example, Albert Einstein certainly did not believe what his religion taught him what the world was like. The Jewish community did not boycott him or call him a rebel of any sort. In the end, he vehemently supported the creation of Israel, and was also instrumental in that. His differing thoughts did not harm Judaism, did they?

Even in Hinduism, historians always like to believe that mathematics and astronomy developed in India in earlier times because religious people wanted accurate predictions of eclipses. The priests who would manage to calculate that would be highly revered and rewarded

Now compare these examples with that of Abdus Salam, and we see what role religion played.

I firmly believe the development of any community depends on what purposes the religion is used for. However, religion or religiousness in itself is no hurdle to the development.

In that case, the religion is feeding on the development the Jewish community has made. But, the religious community has not interfered with/detested the heretic education. I call it heretic because today's education debunks the theories of the Jewish religion, be it on science, or history.

For example, Albert Einstein certainly did not believe what his religion taught him what the world was like. The Jewish community did not boycott him or call him a rebel of any sort. In the end, he vehemently supported the creation of Israel, and was also instrumental in that. His differing thoughts did not harm Judaism, did they?

Even in Hinduism, historians always like to believe that mathematics and astronomy developed in India in earlier times because religious people wanted accurate predictions of eclipses. The priests who would manage to calculate that would be highly revered and rewarded

Now compare these examples with that of Abdus Salam, and we see what role religion played.

I firmly believe the development of any community depends on what purposes the religion is used for. However, religion or religiousness in itself is no hurdle to the development.

but their fanatism and bigotism have harmed other people. but lets put an end to this off topic issue.

Stop saying terrorism whoever is saying that.

Pakistans real problem is religious extremism, and terrorism is only a product of extremism.

All humans are created equal regardless of their religious beliefs. A state who bases itself on religious beliefs never develops.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom