What's new

Pakistan's Core Problem

there is many many problems but i a next to Karachiite

Extremism, Corruption, Feudalism, Intolerance and America.

@kavish,

Why you Indians are so scared by ZAID HAMID THE GREAT?

Im more than disappointed to see views of my fellow citizens... the core Problem is EDUCATION EDUCATION EDUCATION...

just watch todays Talat Hussain program...

Many say that the LACK of Education is the core problem --- but allow me point out that perhaps this idea may have to be refined -- Deeni madaress of a particular kind that have proliferated in Pakistan also offer "education" --- So it's not just enough to say "Education" --- It' seems to me that perhaps we should specify what kind of education, education informed by what kind of ideas???

Does Pakistan need more the kind of "Education" presently offered in Deeni Madaress??, Yes, or no? Why?

Does Pakistan need Education that is based on ideas of Western Science and criticism as method? Yes, or No? WHY??

I think this will separate much chaff from the wheat -- and allow some Pakistanis to think honestly and critically.

Pak core problem is its people itself.
Highly reluctant to bring any change, intolerant and that lead them lagging behind the whole world.
Need to keep up the pace.

Many say that the LACK of Education is the core problem --- but allow me point out that perhaps this idea may have to be refined -- Deeni madaress of a particular kind that have proliferated in Pakistan also offer "education" --- So it's not just enough to say "Education" --- It' seems to me that perhaps we should specify what kind of education, education informed by what kind of ideas???

Does Pakistan need more the kind of "Education" presently offered in Deeni Madaress??, Yes, or no? Why?

Does Pakistan need Education that is based on ideas of Western Science and criticism as method? Yes, or No? WHY??

I think this will separate much chaff from the wheat -- and allow some Pakistanis to think honestly and critically.

there is no doubt that education is the key, when we say education it is not only to go to school/madrasah/uni etc and study books. education can be in the shape of media, TV/Cinema/Radio/Newspapers/internet etc. how much the media played its positve role of educating people and leading people in the right direction? changing people's attitude, their way of thinking, and eliminating the negative sides of teh culture will have a huge impact on how a country chooses its direction. The lawyers and students were the ones who admired Mumtaz Qadri as hero and showerd him with roses, those guys are surely educated, but education didnt stop them from going to the wrong path. Change the culture and attitude, that is very important.

Interesting thoughts from muse...

Critical thinking is a lacking for the rest of the comments... If I may expand on what muse said... Education How?? Dont you guys realize that Education of foremost requires a political setup that then caters for that need... It is nt the case that we point out Aha Education and then our problem will be solved...

It will never be solved if you let Zardari and the current politicians (many of whom btw are actually educated but equally or even more corrupt than the rest)...

THINK my dear brothers and sisters... THINK!!!

Man it doesn't matter whether it a deeni Madrassa, or whether it is some western-style school. What matters is what is taught to the students in social sciences.

If the deeni Madrassa teaches the students to think rationally and logically, and to be tolerant of other commuinities, whereas at the same time the western styled school fails to do that, then indeed that deeni Madrassa serves a greater purpose.

It is not what kind of school system is there, what matters is what is taught in that school.

Actually, it is a great asset that Pakistan has such a vast network of Madrassas that educate people. If the administrators take care to implement the right education through these Madrassas, the education problem will be taken care of in no time!

Today, many religious denominations accept that biological evolution has produced the diversity of living things over billions of years of Earth’s history. Many have issued statements observing that evolution and the tenets of their faiths are compatible. Scientists and theologians have written eloquently about their awe and wonder at the history of the universe and of life on this planet, explaining that they see no conflict between their faith in God and the evidence for evolution. Religious denominations that do not accept the occurrence of evolution tend to be those that believe in strictly literal interpretations of religious texts.

—National Academy of Sciences, Science, Evolution, and Creationism

Why Ulema wants to shun Charles Darwin whereas on the other hand he is acceptable to Ahle Kitab folks??

What education would do with such (built in) perceptions of Islamic world??

Interesting thoughts from muse...

Critical thinking is a lacking for the rest of the comments... If I may expand on what muse said... Education How?? Dont you guys realize that Education of foremost requires a political setup that then caters for that need... It is nt the case that we point out Aha Education and then our problem will be solved...

It will never be solved if you let Zardari and the current politicians (many of whom btw are actually educated but equally or even more corrupt than the rest)...

THINK my dear brothers and sisters... THINK!!!

In most of the urban areas people are not aware about proper education and due to feudalism they do not want educated people.

Back
Top Bottom