What's new

Pakistan's Core Problem

Well, lets be reminded that Pakistan was not always the bastion of backwardness -- Once Pakistani schools and Pakistani education and especially Pakistan students were something of great value to Pakistanis - but then we had Ayub Khan, we had a government that believed in science and most especially in the idea of PROGRESS -- this is a controversial idea on some levels -- but witht he idea of progress, we had a film industry, we had peoples in cities who were open to ideas from around the world

Then we got Zia and his islam-ization

And after Zia, we got the lost decade, but in the realm of culture, education, the role of the state becomes more reduced, the state abdicates it's responsibility to private organizations dispensing education funded by Arabia.

So, yes, I'm with Bin Qaasim on this.

440px-Views_on_Evolution.svg.png

Most of those endorsing nations of Charles Darwin theory are prosperous than those non endorsing Muslim nations who are mostly poor and chaotic.....

Man it doesn't matter whether it a deeni Madrassa, or whether it is some western-style school. What matters is what is taught to the students in social sciences.

If the deeni Madrassa teaches the students to think rationally and logically, and to be tolerant of other commuinities, whereas at the same time the western styled school fails to do that, then indeed that deeni Madrassa serves a greater purpose.

It is not what kind of school system is there, what matters is what is taught in that school.

Actually, it is a great asset that Pakistan has such a vast network of Madrassas that educate people. If the administrators take care to implement the right education through these Madrassas, the education problem will be taken care of in no time!

I am agree with you

Madrasah is not a bad thing, it's an educational place, the material taught in madrasah and how it is run is the main issue. we got madrasah in Turkey as well, but it is not a problem.

Madrasah is not a bad thing, it's an educational place, the material taught in madrasah and how it is run is the main issue. we got madrasah in Turkey as well, but it is not a problem.

In English, the term madrasah usually refers to the specifically Islamic institutions. A typical Islamic school usually offers two courses of study: a hifz course teaching memorization of the Qur'an (the person who commits the entire Qur'an to memory is called a hafiz); and an 'alim course leading the candidate to become an accepted scholar in the community. A regular curriculum includes courses in Arabic, tafsir (Qur'anic interpretation), shariah (Islamic law), hadiths (recorded sayings and deeds of Prophet Muhammad), and Muslim history.

What about science and technology??

It is depend upon the people who led the institute...........

In English, the term madrasah usually refers to the specifically Islamic institutions. A typical Islamic school usually offers two courses of study: a hifz course teaching memorization of the Qur'an (the person who commits the entire Qur'an to memory is called a hafiz); and an 'alim course leading the candidate to become an accepted scholar in the community. A regular curriculum includes courses in Arabic, tafsir (Qur'anic interpretation), shariah (Islamic law), hadiths (recorded sayings and deeds of Prophet Muhammad), and Muslim history.

What about science and technology??

some madrasahs offer science subjects some dont, which is fine. The main aim of madrasah is to produce religious scholars. As long as they dont teach bigotism and in tolerance then it is fine. On the other hand, modern schools are the main educational centres offering everyday's subjects to teh students, there are plenty of them and much more than the madrasahs.

Well, that brings us to the question that has been asked in this forum many a times.

Who controls these Madrassas?

We all know that nothing can run without money. And whoever funds these Madrassas will have the final say on what is taught there.

May be it's time to consolidate the Madrassas and create a central governing body? The funds will go down for sure, but so will the evils that come from bad education. But then, would the administration be ready to show the door to those funding these Madrassas (rather, funding that education)?

@ashok,

I believe religion is the central part of education in Madrassas, but it will not be a problem to include science, math, and reasoning as well. It depends on what kind of teachers are brought in, and whether the Madrassas are regulated by the governing authority.

Hence, the onus comes down on the government. Apparently, to serve his own purpose, Zia ul Haq controlled what got taught in the Madrassas. If he could do that, why can't the other governments?

some madrasahs offer science subjects some dont, which is fine. The main aim of madrasah is to produce religious scholars. As long as they dont teach bigotism and in tolerance then it is fine. On the other hand, modern schools are the main educational centres offering everyday's subjects to teh students, there are plenty of them and much more than the madrasahs.

I don't think that one should leave religion behind.both educations are important for a person............................Science can not develop good persons in society

Well, that brings us to the question that has been asked in this forum many a times.

Who controls these Madrassas?

We all know that nothing can run without money. And whoever funds these Madrassas will have the final say on what is taught there.

May be it's time to consolidate the Madrassas and create a central governing body? The funds will go down for sure, but so will the evils that come from bad education. But then, would the administration be ready to show the door to those funding these Madrassas (rather, funding that education)?

@ashok,

I believe religion is the central part of education in Madrassas, but it will not be a problem to include science, math, and reasoning as well. It depends on what kind of teachers are brought in, and whether the Madrassas are regulated by the governing authority.

Hence, the onus comes down on the government. Apparently, to serve his own purpose, Zia ul Haq controlled what got taught in the Madrassas. If he could do that, why can't the other governments?

i gave you the exacmple of turkey before. as long as it is regulated by the state properly, it shouldnt cause any problem.

but it will not be a problem to include science, math, and reasoning as well. It depends on what kind of teachers are brought in

Out of 58 OIC Muslim countries, where n in how many countries you find science and maths in Madarsas??

I don't think that one should leave religion behind.both educations are important for a person............................Science can not develop good persons in society

we need to be capable person as well as good person. science can give you capability and knowledge, you become doctor, engineer, teacher, artist, social worker etc, all of them are the backbone of society.

take it easy..
i m just suggesting core problems acc. to me...
this is your wish..

take it....

or
motivator8886611.jpg

we don't care...

[but it actually affects us as well... bcz we are r good neighbors :lol:]

thank you very much for your suggestions but i sadly cannt do anything .

Athiest Swedish n Japanese people are better off (in all the fields) than devout Saudis any time my friend...

Out of 58 OIC Muslim countries, where n in how many countries you find science and maths in Madarsas??

even in Afghanikstan which is sadly struck by a wave of extremism, many of teh registered madrasahs have sceince and math. as i said before, when we talk about madrasah, it depends on how it is regulated.

Back
Top Bottom