What's new

Pakistan's Artillery Upgrade Discussions

You can't make a 1996 Honda Civic into 2016 one no matter How much you upgrade it. And these Artillery Guns were last produced in 1955. They are way way way old. Upgrading them won't do much

CtP8KJkWcAQXVgx.jpg:large

@Zarvan

I cant agree with your argument, it does not clear anything, thats not a rational argument in the context of military view, try to explain in a detailed Reply why we should retire ca. 500-600 Type-59IIM 130mm Artillery Guns. What are the tactical disadvantegs/advantages, where we will get the reseurces etc. Can you ? Do you know where and how many Type-59 130mm Guns are actually in service with Pakistan Army, do you know the specific role ? Half of our Artillery infrastructure is build for this guns, half of our crews are trained for this guns, many parts for the Type-59 130mm maintaince are now made in Pakistan or can be important for a low price from China. It has a exelent service battle history a la Kargil and wars in FATA and KPK... ..

Last edited:
and here is one more, both pictures are from the Kargil war 1999,It did took me 3 hours to finde all that stuff ^^:
bm21kienthuc5_ymkk.jpg

This are interesting things and tactics which we used during Kargil war 1999.

@Sarge @DESERT FIGHTER

Grad-P.jpg

GRAD-P - Calibre 122 mm
Portable Tripod-mounted Rocket Launcher
GRAD-P Light portable rocket system is the complete system comprises a standard BM-21 Grad monotube single-round man-portable launcher (it can be reloaded and used again), a standard-long 9M22U 122 mm high-explosive fragmentation rocket and a fire control panel. This system has been adopted in recent years by various African and Middle-east countries within the last terrorist-groups and various fractions civil wars as well as it is still popular with the paramilitary and guerrilla forces. The system is light-weight and thus highly mobile and can be carried by 2 soldiers after shot for changing position in order to not be detected. It can be also mounted on the pick-ups and other lightly armoured military or paramilitary vehicles. The rocket launcher is loaded from the rear part and is very easy and simple for operation and maintenance. Grad-P system can be used for direct as well as indirect fire against point or surface targets. The system is very reliable and is controlled remotely by the Fire control panel to avoid jeopardy for the operator.

Last edited:
and here is one more, both pictures are from the Kargil war 1999,I did took me 3 hours to finde all that stuff ^^:
View attachment 343636

This are interesting things and tactics which we used during Kargil war 1999.

@Sarge @DESERT FIGHTER

View attachment 343642
GRAD-P - Calibre 122 mm
Portable Tripod-mounted Rocket Launcher
GRAD-P Light portable rocket system is the complete system comprises a standard BM-21 Grad monotube single-round man-portable launcher (it can be reloaded and used again), a standard-long 9M22U 122 mm high-explosive fragmentation rocket and a fire control panel. This system has been adopted in recent years by various African and Middle-east countries within the last terrorist-groups and various fractions civil wars as well as it is still popular with the paramilitary and guerrilla forces. The system is light-weight and thus highly mobile and can be carried by 2 soldiers after shot for changing position in order to not be detected. It can be also mounted on the pick-ups and other lightly armoured military or paramilitary vehicles. The rocket launcher is loaded from the rear part and is very easy and simple for operation and maintenance. Grad-P system can be used for direct as well as indirect fire against point or surface targets. The system is very reliable and is controlled remotely by the Fire control panel to avoid jeopardy for the operator.

If I am not wrong the idea for this was the first coined by ISI Afghan desk during Afghan Jihad .... & first such system was made available to us by Chinese ....

If I am not wrong the idea for this was the first coined by ISI Afghan desk during Afghan Jihad .... & first such system was made available to us by Chinese ....

And the tactical advantage in Kargil was ?

Pakistan ordered PLZ-45 Self-Propelled Howitzers, Book claims

plz45sp_155mm3l.jpg

PLZ-45 SPH

Pakistan has ordered an undisclosed number of the Chinese PLZ-45 self propelled howitzers, author Muhamad S. Olimat has reported in his book China and the Middle East Since World War II: A Bilateral Approach.

In early 2014, there were media reports which mentioned sale of PLZ-45 howitzers to many countries including Pakistan.

@Irfan Baloch @balixd @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Quwa @Arsalan @DESERT FIGHTER @kaonalpha @Areesh @fatman17 @Zarvan @Horus @monitor @Sarge @Ulla @Manticore

Pakistan ordered PLZ-45 Self-Propelled Howitzers, Book claims

plz45sp_155mm3l.jpg

PLZ-45 SPH

Pakistan has ordered an undisclosed number of the Chinese PLZ-45 self propelled howitzers, author Muhamad S. Olimat has reported in his book China and the Middle East Since World War II: A Bilateral Approach.

In early 2014, there were media reports which mentioned sale of PLZ-45 howitzers to many countries including Pakistan.

@Irfan Baloch @balixd @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Quwa @Arsalan @DESERT FIGHTER @kaonalpha @Areesh @fatman17 @Zarvan @Horus @monitor @Sarge @Ulla @Manticore

I seriously doubt this claim but you never know so @Dazzler and @DESERT FIGHTER you guys are needed here

http://www.military-today.com/artillery/plz05.htm

This one is improved version I hope if we decide we go for this one although I prefer Turkish Artillery Gun over this Chinese one

Back
Top Bottom