What's new

PLZ-45 exported to Pakistan?

Gryphon

Reaction score
I just found some January news about PLZ-45 self-propelled howitzers in Algeria which also mentions exports to Pakistan. I don't know how much reliable these two sources, Forecast International and WantChinaTimes are. But a book published in November 2012 had stated:

In addition to Kuwait and Saudi Arabia , Pakistan has shown interest in the howitzers, and will probably acquire them soon.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

ALGERIA RECEIVES CHINESE SELF-PROPELLED HOWITZERS

Monday, January 27, 2014

showphoto.cfm

PLZ-45 or Type 88 155mm self-propelled howitzer
Source: NORINCO

NEWTOWN, Conn. - Algeria has received a batch of PLZ-45 or Type 88 155mm self-propelled howitzers designed by the China North Industries Corporation.

The PLZ-45 is equipped with a 155mm, 45-calibre main gun, with a semi-automatic loader and an electrically controlled and hydraulically operated rammer. Designed by the Harbin First Machinery Group Corporation, part of the China North Industries Corporation, the PLZ-45 has already been exported to various nations including Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Meanwhile, expeditious defense budget growth in Algeria continues to expand. The 2013 budget was $10.3 billion- a 14.2 percent increase over 2012, bringing defense allocations to almost 5 percent of projected Gross Domestic Product. Significantly, Algeria has become the largest single defense spender in Africa, surpassing long-time leader South Africa.

Source: Forecast International - International Military Markets
Associated URL: www.forecastinternational.com
Source Date: January 27, 2014
Author: N. Auger, Africa Analyst
Posted: 01/27/2014

ALGERIA RECEIVES CHINESE SELF-PROPELLED HOWITZERS | Forecast International

Algeria acquires Chinese self-propelled howitzers

22 January 2014

PLZ45-150900_copy1.jpg

Two Chinese-built PLZ-45s seen on a highway in Blida, Algeria, Jan. 14. (Internet photo)

Algeria has received a batch of PLZ-45 or Type 88 155mm self-propelled howitzers designed by the China North Industries Corporation, reports the Moscow-based Center for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies on Jan. 20.

Photos on the Algerian military website ForcesDZ show the PLZ-45s in transport on a highway in Blida, located about 45 kilometers southwest of Algiers, the nation's capital, on Jan. 14. It is claimed that the self-propelled howitzers were on their way to a base of the People's National Army of Algeria.

The PLZ-45 is equipped with a 155mm, 45-calibre main gun, with a semi-automatic loader and an electrically controlled and hydraulically operated rammer. Designed by the Harbin First Machinery Group Corporation, part of the China North Industries Corporation, the PLZ-45 has already been exported to various nations including Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Some military analysts said that the Chinese 155mm self-propelled howitzers seen in Algeria may in fact be PLZ-52s. While both vehicles use the same chassis, the PLZ-52 is equipped with a 155mm 52-caliber barrel to increase the range of fire, the analyst said.

Algeria acquires Chinese self-propelled howitzers|Politics|News|WantChinaTimes.com

@fatman17

Can you post all the text of this Janes article?

New self-propelled howitzer spotted in Algeria - IHS Jane's 360

@Aeronaut @Armstrong @Devil Soul @jaibi @Manticore @BDforever @S.Y.A @RAMPAGE @Oscar @Secur @WebMaster @xuxu1457 @cb4 @DESERT FIGHTER @Fieldmarshal @Umair Nawaz @HRK @PWFI @Major Sam

Last edited:
We have one of the best SPHs in the world in good numbers. I wonder if this is true. Maybe the Army picked a few for testing.
I think you are referring to A5 paladin.... I think PzH 2000, K-9, T-155, AS-90 are in class of its own.

Maybe @Aeronauts would elaborate on that.
Sir Pakistan has always been there for the "Ummah" but unfortunately when ever we needed our friends, they're nowhere no be seen.

And rumors about Saudi funding of our nuclear program are just ... well they are just rumors.

Sir Pakistan has always been there for the "Ummah" but unfortunately when ever we needed our friends, they're nowhere no be seen.

And rumors about Saudi funding of our nuclear program are just ... well they are just rumors.

I never said such thing as Saudi funding. I'm just saying that Pakistan has never been alone. You're entitled to believe in whatever you believe in.

@Aeronaut

You never have been left on your own son.
wish for a day where we dont look up to you like beggars and you dont give us something out of complete pity.

I find is soul destroying to say the least. for all its worth if we can provide something usable for you then any form of financial and political assistance is most welcome.

your best present yet will be one where your king or crown prince tells us frankly that we need to get our act together and have some self respect for continued support of KSA

and by the way, I welcomed the news that Drones fly from KSA as well. thats by far the best thing that can happen to us... KSA helping in getting the top leaders of mass murderers. I know drones are a sensitive issue because they are operated by ISA but I can tell you if Osama's raid ,Red Mosque raid was conducted by KSA special forces then people would have showered you with roses and hailed the successful raids.

on topic, the news of Chinese military hardware in KSA is strange for me, as far as I knew you guys operated the latest Paladin 109A6 variants.

hell with Ummah,

KSA has pretty much helped us out from start, the missile and nuclear program we are so proud of has a lot of Saudi assistance as well.

Last edited:
hell with Ummah,

KSA has pretty much helped us out from start, the missile and nuclear program we are so proud of has a lot of Saudi assistance as well.
I have no vendetta against KSA and i wouldn't mind their assistance in fact i'd appreciate it but i haven't seen proof of any.

Did KSA help us in any war ???

@Yzd Khalifa

wish for a day where we dont look up to you like beggars and you dont give us something out of complete pity.

Nothing of a pity, you never have been a beggars either. I'd like to remind you that Pakistan's contribution in KSA's society is well-known. It'd be the least we can do especially when we were given the privilege of being one of the richest nations on earth. This is our moral duty, ever since King Abdulaziz sent his diplomats to attend the Mumbai meeting in the 40s, we know that we share many things in common with the Pakistanis.

I find is soul destroying to say the least. for all its worth if we can provide something usable for you then any form of financial and political assistance is most welcome.

Would you like us to talk about the Pakistani doctors who saved the many Saudis?

Would you like us to talk about the Pakistani engineers who helped us to develop our infrastructure?

Would you like us to talk about the Pakistani manpower who did contributed to the development of KSA more than some Saudis?

Would you like us to talk about our military relations? In terms of training, exchange programs, intelligence cooperations, and missile technology con-joined program and God knows what else?

your best present yet will be one where your king or crown prince tells us frankly that we need to get our act together and have some self respect for continued support of KSA

To be honest to goodness, I personally don't support the current Gov't in Pakistan - except the defense establishment -

I think if we need to eternally wins the hearts and the minds of the %95 of Pakistanis who support us, we should dumb someone like Nawaz. Our leaders must grow some balls and find out what he did to our Pakistani friends. He even exploited his influence in the Saudi society. And our leaders must understand that whatever Gov't raises into power in there, it will be a pro-Saudi one regardless of who's running it. Take Zadari for example, he wasn't a big fan of ours but he faced a lot of critical figures within the Defense Establishment.

and by the way, I welcomed the news that Drones fly from KSA as well

Idk what UAVs you're talking about in particular, but anything that can help us to kill Al-Qaida or the TTP, or BLA is welcomed. However, I believe we might need to hold more talks with the Taliban - the originators -

If they denounce terror, and agreed to play by Pakistan rules then be it. We shall support them.

thats by far the best thing that can happen to us... KSA helping in getting the top leaders of mass murderers

We condemn all acts of violence against civilians to achieve political purposes including the terror acts the Taliban, Al-Qaida, Hezbollah, the Assad's regime or the Israelis do to terrorize people.

I know drones are a sensitive issue because they are operated by ISA but I can tell you if Osama's raid ,Red Mosque raid was conducted by KSA special forces then people would have showered you with roses and hailed the successful raids.

We couldn't trace any evidence for the whereabouts of OBL :undecided: the only thing we found out was the whereabouts of his Yemeni wife in Iran, and his nephew in Turkey that's all.

on topic, the news of Chinese military hardware in KSA is strange for me, as far as I knew you guys operated the latest Paladin 109A6 variants.

We happen to have a considerable number of Chinese equipments. Chinese Mortars and Rocket launchers are modified by Pakistan's military complex in collaboration with the RSF military industrial complex.

and by the way, I welcomed the news that Drones fly from KSA as well. thats by far the best thing that can happen to us... KSA helping in getting the top leaders of mass murderers. I know drones are a sensitive issue because they are operated by ISA but I can tell you if Osama's raid ,Red Mosque raid was conducted by KSA special forces then people would have showered you with roses and hailed the successful raids.

hell with Ummah,

I have no vendetta against KSA and i wouldn't mind their assistance in fact i'd appreciate it but i haven't seen proof of any.

Did KSA help us in any war ???

@Yzd Khalifa

Equipments were put at your disposals twice in 1965, and 1971.

You did receive assistance during the Kargil conflict as well.

So yeah, we take Pakistan's issues personally.

We didn't recognize the BD, not until you gave us the green light :D

Back
Top Bottom