What's new

PLZ-45 exported to Pakistan?

PLA TYPE 88 (PLZ45) MARKET BASE EXPANDS

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

showphoto.cfm

Type 88 (PLZ45) Self-Propelled Howitzer
Source: NORINCO

NEWTOWN, Conn. - Full-rate serial production of the Type 88 (PLZ45) self-propelled howitzer for People's Liberation Army procurement and limited export sales is ongoing. The performance of the Type 88 (PLZ45) reportedly impressed the PLA during the system's operational evaluation phase. The PLA is fielding the Type 88 (PLZ45) as a modern replacement for at least some of the service's increasingly archaic ISU-152 and Type 83 self-propelled howitzers.

Since 1997, the People's Republic of China sold 54 PLZ45 systems to Kuwait, and "one battalion" (27 systems) to Saudi Arabia. In January 2014, open-source reporting indicated that Algeria received an unspecified quantity of PLZ45 systems. Unconfirmed reports suggest Bangladesh and Pakistan have also acquired PLZ45 systems from NORINCO.

Although we do not expect the Type 88 (PLZ45) to become a dominant force on the international market, the system's successful entrance into the market does signal the possibility, if not great likelihood, for a moderate level of export sales in the future.

The PLA continues to pursue an ambitious force transformation effort, with the aim of replacing much of its aging armor and artillery inventories. PLA procurement will continue to dominate the Type 88 (PLZ45) production line through at least 2023.

Source: Forecast International Weapons Group
Associated URL: forecastinternational.com
Source Date: March 11, 2014
Author: D. Lockwood, Weapons Systems Analyst
Posted: 03/13/2014

PLA TYPE 88 (PLZ45) MARKET BASE EXPANDS | Forecast International

Unconfirmed reports suggest Bangladesh and Pakistan have also acquired PLZ45 systems from NORINCO

says it all.....if this type has an advantage over the M109A5 then it should be purchased otherwise stick to the US type and no reason to complicate the supply chain.

shite i thought this was a PLZ45 thread but it is a PK v. KSA pissing contest.

says it all.....if this type has an advantage over the M109A5 then it should be purchased otherwise stick to the US type and no reason to complicate the supply chain.

shite i thought this was a PLZ45 thread but it is a PK v. KSA pissing contest.

I don't fancy either , as these are sitting ducks to Apache helicopters obsolete technology
1 Apache armed with missiles could knock out 40 of these in one go

I don't know what to see , name one asset in our Military that is considered "Advance"

ceasar.jpg

Caesar 155 SPG

m109a6.jpg

M109A6 Paladin

as90.jpg

AS90

plz45.jpg

PLZ45

k9.jpg

K9 Thunder

s19.jpg

Russian S9

zuzana.jpg

ZuZanna

denelg6.jpg

Denel G6

Last edited:
If you are expecting to see a "King signed" certificate of help/assistance, then keep waiting.

I have no vendetta against KSA and i wouldn't mind their assistance in fact i'd appreciate it but i haven't seen proof of any.

Did KSA help us in any war ???

@Yzd Khalifa

We have one of the best SPHs in the world in good numbers. I wonder if this is true. Maybe the Army picked a few for testing.
Well I think Army has got some of them these are really good ones and yes we have one of the strongest Artillery systems in the region if not world but our Army was also looking for some weishi class MRL from China hope we get them soon by the way look at this picture is it real
10155108_10152213260954130_253420012_n.jpg

Well I think Army has got some of them these are really good ones and yes we have one of the strongest Artillery systems in the region if not world but our Army was also looking for some weishi class MRL from China hope we get them soon by the way look at this picture is it real
10155108_10152213260954130_253420012_n.jpg
no..........

Sad I though we got some MRAP by the way sir there was news of Pakistan getting similar kind of vehicles from China what about that ?

every time china produces something, everybody thinks PK will automatically get it. thats not the case.

every time china produces something, everybody thinks PK will automatically get it. thats not the case.
But we want that kind of vehicles Sir both in Tribal areas and others to protect our soldiers from mines specially don't need to send them in Toyota hilux against IED

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom