What's new

PLZ-45 exported to Pakistan?

Equipments were put at your disposals twice in 1965, and 1971.

You did receive assistance during the Kargil conflict as well.

So yeah, we take Pakistan's issues personally.

We didn't recognize the BD, not until you gave us the green light :D
Details will be much appreciated.

And we love and support your King because he's Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques. :tup:

no plz-45s were ever ordered, let alone delivered

they look nice but i think we have american made self propelled howitzers no ?? i forgot the name .. can anyone tell me ?!

Nothing of a pity, you never have been a beggars either. I'd like to remind you that Pakistan's contribution in KSA's society is well-known. It'd be the least we can do especially when we were given the privilege of being one of the richest nations on earth. This is our moral duty, ever since King Abdulaziz sent his diplomats to attend the Mumbai meeting in the 40s, we know that we share many things in common with the Pakistanis.

Would you like us to talk about the Pakistani doctors who saved the many Saudis?
I know , My father during the 80s was deployed in Sharurah and Khamis and was battery comander of an AAK AAK unit. we fought the war with Yemen. but we could do more.

and for record

almost entire middle east ( Saudi, Iran, Jordan , Syria, Egypt ) Turkey, Malaysia helped in shape of doctors, fuel, , guns, cannons, jets and money in 65 .. all because of our much better leadership

they look nice but i think we have american made self propelled howitzers no ?? i forgot the name .. can anyone tell me ?!
we got the best one Paladin M109A5

almost entire middle east ( Saudi, Iran, Jordan , Syria, Egypt ) Turkey, Malaysia helped in shape of doctors, fuel, , guns, cannons, jets and money in 65 .. all because of our much better leadership

..... and then you say "Hell with Ummah"

yes M109A5 but it's not Paladin and it's certainly not the latest variant.

M1096 is the Paladin and we don't have them.
true that, I mentioned the Paladin for easy reference . our SP's are just short by the latest but its the same family and best you can get as a non NATO country

true that, I mentioned the Paladin for easy reference . our SP's are just short by the latest but its the same family and best you can get as a non NATO country
It's bust we can buy with the money we've got.

The Saudis have paladins.

We have one of the best SPHs in the world in good numbers. I wonder if this is true. Maybe the Army picked a few for testing.

M109A5 cant be called "one of the best". In fact, a few countries have started to retire those guns. Take a look at Pzh-2000, AS-90, Paladin, PLZ 05, PLZ 52, T-155 Firtina, K9 Thunder..

Iss main kya hai? Tanks, APC's...... PLZ hai kahin??

no plz-45s were ever ordered, let alone delivered

Some things are kept classified especially when the supplier is China. Something similar happened with A-100E MLRS.

BTW, Pak has got 113 RBS-70 BOLIDE MK-II MANPADS from Sweden according to UN Register of Conventional Arms.

It's bust we can buy with the money we've got.

The Saudis have paladins.

once again you are right,
but let me clarify one thing, even money might not buy us the stuff that is cleared by Saudis. they have very special relationship with America, in addition to the natural wealth that is bestowed upon them , they offer the Americans the political clout and backing in the Muslim world because of their unique location.

while they will be cleared for Apache longbow, F-15s and Paladins.. we will have to settle for second tier (but still awesome) items like F16 Block 52, Cobras and M109A5 etc.

the cash doesnt just automatically qualify a potential customer for American high end military sale, a lot of deliberation is done and once such foreign sale is cleared by special committees then it gets the seal of approval @VCheng can you add some points please?

M109A5 cant be called "one of the best". In fact, a few countries have started to retire those guns. Take a look at Pzh-2000, AS-90, Paladin, PLZ 05, PLZ 52, T-155 Firtina, K9 Thunder..

Yes it IT can!! .. take it as a word from a son of a Gunner ;). that platform is awesome it doesnt matter if some countries are retiring the older version of it.they have their reasons which might not apply for us.
in the recent conflicts in middle east/ Afghansitan the NATO forces have had to revert back to the legacy weapons because of their time proven performance and because some of their new systems failed in normal to extreme conditions

once again you are right,
but let me clarify one thing, even money might not buy us the stuff that is cleared by Saudis. they have very special relationship with America, in addition to the natural wealth that is bestowed upon them , they offer the Americans the political clout and backing in the Muslim world because of their unique location.

while they will be cleared for Apache longbow, F-15s and Paladins.. we will have to settle for second tier (but still awesome) items like F16 Block 52, Cobras and M109A5 etc.

the cash doesnt just automatically qualify a potential customer for American high end military sale, a lot of deliberation is done and once such foreign sale is cleared by special committees then it gets the seal of approval @VCheng can you add some points please?
I am well aware of these facts.

But all that being said, Shortage of funds is also an issue.

If we have the money then there are always other markets.

o.................
the cash doesnt just automatically qualify a potential customer for American high end military sale, a lot of deliberation is done and once such foreign sale is cleared by special committees then it gets the seal of approval @VCheng can you add some points please?...............

The money is the least important aspect of major military sales by USA, contrary to what most people like to believe here, but just about every other aspect, both short- and long-term are considered to the nth degree before any thing is supplied. The capabilities, numbers and regular and potential uses are all carefully controlled ( with or without kill switches :D ) not only during the initial supply, but monitored closely throughout the service life.

(And yes, this includes items supplied to Israel, believe it or not.)

no plz-45's ever offered to PA.

Back
Top Bottom