What's new

Pakistan's Artillery Upgrade Discussions

There were reports by Indian media few months ago than Pakistan is getting one of its old Artillery Guns upgraded to 155 MM standard a Towed Gun in China around 400 of them do you know which Artillery Gun is that ?
@Ulla @fatman17 @Horus @DESERT FIGHTER

Dont believe in india media reports - mainly propaganda to buy more weapons.

If PA has the option / opportunity they would prefer additional M109A5s.

India has the truck Chassis based G5? with TOT being produced. G6 we should be able to acquire and stick a middle finger at uncle sam unless India sabotages the deal.

no india doesnt... the denel gun was offered to india .. (denel was also blacklisted-- for offering kickbacks)..

What is the status of chines truck mounted SH 1 ........? There r some reports last year that we are getting those

There were reports by Indian media few months ago than Pakistan is getting one of its old Artillery Guns upgraded to 155 MM standard a Towed Gun in China around 400 of them do you know which Artillery Gun is that ?
@Ulla @fatman17 @Horus @DESERT FIGHTER

I cant confirm the upgrade, only know the China is capable of doing that, India has upgraded a large number of his M-46 130mm Artillery inventory, so why not Pakistan. But for that you should better ask @Xeric, hes is a expert in Artillery !

The M-46 original soviet name, was sold to China, from where Pakistan did buy the Type-59 130mm and Type-59-1 (upgraded and lighter Variant).

Here is picture, it was the main Gun during the Kargil war with India and the main used Artillery gun against Taliban by Pakistan Army:

kargil4.jpg

What is the latest news about upgrading artillery units currently in possession of 130mm guns to M-109 Howitzer? Because I have heard that they are being de-commissioned.

Upto 40 have been inducted according to some sources
Sir, what about replacement of the obsolete M-46 (130mm) guns with the new M-109A2/A5?

What is the latest news about upgrading artillery units currently in possession of 130mm guns to M-109 Howitzer? Because I have heard that they are being de-commissioned.

Sir, what about replacement of the obsolete M-46 (130mm) guns with the new M-109A2/A5?
Their no A2. All M 109have been upgraded to A5 standardstandard

Back
Top Bottom