What's new

Pakistan's Artillery Upgrade Discussions

Yea Denel G6 is a Beast. It would do wonders for our Arty
G5/G6 are top of the line long range base bleed howitzers. i have been close both these during several field exercises long time back. It is dead accurate over 40km and more. The issue we have in selling is the kickbacks and pressure US puts on other countries.

G5/G6 are top of the line long range base bleed howitzers. i have been close both these during several field exercises long time back. It is dead accurate over 40km and more. The issue we have in selling is the kickbacks and pressure US puts on other countries.
I think G6 will be suitable desert regions ....PA should acquire them under TOT

I think G6 will be suitable desert regions ....PA should acquire them under TOT
It is perfecty suited for dusty conditions like we have over the kalahari and temperatures are in the same range. we tried to sell long time ago but PA is influenced by US and own procurement officers wanted too many kickbacks .. so it was abandoned.
UAE and Morocco use them. Our surplus retired MRAP Casspirs from late 70s' are in Sri-Lanka and India (Kashmir footage... you can see them).

It is perfecty suited for dusty conditions like we have over the kalahari and temperatures are in the same range. we tried to sell long time ago but PA is influenced by US and own procurement officers wanted too many kickbacks .. so it was abandoned.
UAE and Morocco use them. Our surplus retired MRAP Casspirs from late 70s' are in Sri-Lanka and India (Kashmir footage... you can see them).

Now PA isn't interested in USA in arty ... PA is more likely to get chinese or turkish one ...

I personally think south african G6 is a better option because it have good range , accuracy and moreover it got good speed so it is more suitable for shoot and scoot

denel tech is acceptable and meet the west standards ....

dont forget it is also mine resistant proof.
Even the G5 comes with a power unit which allows it to move the G5 from place to place without a need of a truck.

India has the truck Chassis based G5? with TOT being produced. G6 we should be able to acquire and stick a middle finger at uncle sam unless India sabotages the deal.

Now PA isn't interested in USA in arty ... PA is more likely to get chinese or turkish one ...

I personally think south african G6 is a better option because it have good range , accuracy and moreover it got good speed so it is more suitable for shoot and scoot

denel tech is acceptable and meet the west standards ....

Here you go brother. :)

Don't forget that the G6 does not require additional units to protect it...it is capable of self defense.
@denel boet where can one go to see this beast ? I don't recall seeing it in the Bloem armour museum. I have seen the G5 though.

Not necessary, Pakistan doesn't need this, new technology of latest planes like F-35 is capable to destroy these artilleries in no time. Advanced Drones can detect it as well.
No man...artillery is always necessary. How else are we going to provide effective support for ground troops ? We are not always going to fight the US...besides a gun battery can be protected by SAMs.

No man...artillery is always necessary. How else are we going to provide effective support for ground troops ? We are not always going to fight the US...besides a gun battery can be protected by SAMs.

No, I know we don't going to fight US, there are some countries that has technology to destroy old-fashioned artilleries, think something else better next ten years. Maybe A-10 Thunderbolt better suit for PA to detect bad talibans and reduce loss of our 200 soldiers from North Waziristan including these artilleries.

Stop overloading your commonsense and blaming the army for being undisciplined or corrupt as there is no 'tactics' involved in placing an 12.7 or an MG on a Gun-Tower.

Unlike a tank or any other armored vehical, an artillery gun does not go into battle while it is still attached to a truck. The 12.7 is there for protection from air during move only. Once deployed, there are other measures which ofcourse will not be discussed. Any artillery unit or battery is authorized with a specific number of air defence weapons which may not be restricted to 12.7s only. So, just because you cant see a 12.7 mounted on every (Pakistani) gun-tower in the pictures that you see on the internet, it would not automatically imply that there is 'lack of funds,' corruption,' or 'lack of discipline' in the military per se.

Now, if you want that i should elaborate upon how we protect our guns from air attack to include the number / type of AA weapons authorized to a unit, just so that your ignorance can be tackled, sorry sir, that's not something i would like to dwell upon.

A selam

I dont have so much time right now, thus I will reply again thoroughly to your post later, but first of all: I dont blame Pakistani Army in fact I love Pakistani Army because I am Pakistani as well, and I dont expect you to give me any high classified Information about anything related to Army, I know that you are a Soldier but you dont have to be so rude, anyways, I didnt want to be rude or dissrespectful to anyone, I am just curios and interested in army of my beloved country Pakistan.

Last edited:
A selam

I dont have so much time right now, thus i will reply again thoroughly to your post later, but first of all: I dont blame Pakistani Army in fact I love Pakistani Army because I am Pakistani as well, and I dont expect you to give me any high classified Information about anything related to Army, I know that you are a Soldier but you dont have to be so rude, anyways, I didnt want to be rude or dissrespectful to anyone, I am just curios and interested in army of my beloved country Pakistan.
Yeah, you can begin by using some commonsense ;)

Back
Top Bottom