What's new

Pakistan’s army chief Gen Raheel Sharif, the next Field Marshal?

This has very high success chances of happening. Gen. Raheel has built a LOT of respect inside Pakistani PM's heart and in his close circles. In fact, he's the ONLY general that the PM appreciates even traveling overseas. He's successfully closed the chapter of military intervention into civilian matters even after an ex-military led support group told IK to do his election rigging and sit in / long march drama.
Plus, Gen. Raheel comes from the most decorated military family in Pakistan and for all his hard work, he will be rewarded through a promotion. This is good for Pakistan as sincere civil-military relationships were lacking for decades, resulting in numerous coupes, marshal laws, proxy wars and all. Now that its all put behind, Pakistan as a country can grow successfully on the world map.

I agree with the above. Gen. Kiyani was just there because he was there....nothing more. He could've taken leadership in getting rid of terrorists inside out of Pakistan, like Gen. Raheel did. But instead he decided to live peacefully, successfully, rich-fully and with expensive cigars in his mouth with high dollars in the bank account and support to and from, your very own Mr. 10% (I thought he went up to $ 50% before he left)?.
Kiyani massively trained equipped the Army he brought back the morale cleared 85 % of Tribal areas

Check Personality
images
images

Who kicked your asses in 65
Really? :woot: :rofl: Who kicked whose a$$ can be gauged from the fact that your Operations Grand Slam and Gibraltar launched by your Ayub Khan for capturing Kashmir were spectacular failures! :P Are you aware that Kashmir is still with us? Google it to check it out if you didn't already know whether Kashmir is part of India or Pakistan! Ayub and company got so much egg on their faces during the war, they could have made a gigantic omelet that would've lasted a lifetime! :cheesy:

Really? :woot: :rofl: Who kicked whose a$$ can be gauged from the fact that your Operations Grand Slam and Gibraltar launched by your Ayub Khan for capturing Kashmir were spectacular failures! :P Are you aware that Kashmir is still with us? Google it to check it out if you didn't already know whether Kashmir is part of India or Pakistan! Ayub and company got so much egg on their faces during the war, they could have made a gigantic omelet that would've lasted a lifetime! :cheesy:
Op grand salam was a faliure....Really? You had to attack Lahore because your troops were mauled in chamb in the said operation.

Kiyani massively trained equipped the Army he brought back the morale cleared 85 % of Tribal areas

Kiyani haters never think about the points you said.

Forgetting something, Aren't you?

11195261_463479570478369_408298087_n.jpg

2 Indian army infantry divisions versus one Pakistani Army Infantry Division, We still pushed into Khem-Karan
11198389_463480597144933_1332407740_n.jpg

Anyways, This is getting off topic. Shall we head back?

Last edited:
Op grand salam was a faliure....Really? You had to attack Lahore because your troops were mauled in chamb in the said operation.
Stop clutching at straws. You tried to capture Kashmir in 1965, you failed. That's the bottom line!

Ok, back on topic......

How do you check personality by taking a look at two pictures who may look similar....personality is a whole different ball game vs. looking like someone else...
i didn't understand why he ware his hat like the above pic. he looks joker to me that why i posted. what do you say

i didn't understand why he ware his hat like the above pic. he looks joker to me that why i posted. what do you say

Whether someone's dress code is good, bad or ugly, we can all comment on it but its individual's personal choice. I was referring to the personality as two twin siblings will have entirely different personalities. Two similar pictures from two different places on the globe can never help anyone guess their personality traits...

Field marshal for what ?
He is another stooge serving interests of our corrupt PM.He should instead strip off his current rank and made a lance naik.

He did have some short comings but his tenure was much more critical, just think about entire FATA and Swat under TTP when he assumed command apart from other political and military handicaps.
People want a General like John Rambo who just assumes command and starts blazing his guns. They do not think that preparing, training and capability building of the armed forces takes time. Adding the COIN capability to an entire conventional force was itself a big achievement of Kiyani.

Yes, but there are some corruption allegations also on his family members during his regime. what about that ?

Yes, but there are some corruption allegations also on his family members during his regime. what about that ?
They are being investigated and NAB has put his brothers on ECL but Kiyani was not part of it.

You need to command more than one army to become a field marshal. Ayub Khan had command of two armies, Eastern and Western to become one.

Back
Top Bottom