What's new

PAKISTAN'S AMAZING MIRAGES

Has anyone looked at copyright issues at PDF? It does not feel right to access copyright material.

="Chak Bamu, post: 4929103, member: 144288"]Has anyone looked at copyright issues at PDF? It does not feel right to access copyright material.[/quote]
This is a copyright violation. Mods please look into it and if right delete the original post. Anyoje can post excerpts however.
Araz

Does it mean, Only Zarrar Squadron in Mirages are capable of firing H-2,H-4 and Ra'ad ALCM?

Actually the H-2/4 tests back in 2003 were carried out by Mirage-VPA "COBRAS" neither by ROSE II or III and in 2010 at High Marks H-2/4 was fired from Mirage-III and every single time RAAD test was carried out by Mirage-III of BANDITS.
Its just a special task of No. 27 Sqn. otherwise all upgraded mirages can be integrated and operate these two weapons.

Last edited:
The article mentioned the name of Sqn. Ldr. Arif Manzoor as one of the original eight PAF Pilots who received training on the Mirages. I served and flew with this Pilot and what a GIANT he was. I have never met an officer of this caliber and character. He later died in Syria training their Pilots on a Mig 23 and it broke my heart to hear the bad news.

I will never forget you, Sir Arif Manzoor .......

Nice Article. Lots of info. Although the hopes of some PAF fanboys will be dashed because.. no air-air BVR or rather MRAA-Missile capability, which ofcourse everyone knows except them.

I think a proper salute is in place for our Mirages and all the pilots and ground crew who fly these awesome fighters to safe guard our land ...

History has proved that purchase of Mirages from France was perhaps the best decision taken by PAF.

Which could have been made better with the purchase of M2ks and Rafales---alas!

India was never a candidate for the F 16 till after year 2001. U S would have never sold this aircraft to india before 9/11.

PAF should have kept a diverse portfolio in the 80's. The 36 F16's were fine---then they should have also opted for the M2K's as well. Thus keeping india off the only other best aircraft in competition with the F16---visavis---M2K.

Basically a coupe de grace.

But then PAF chose to snatch defeat from the verge of 'success'---as usual.

India was never a candidate for the F 16 till after year 2001. U S would have never sold this aircraft to india before 9/11.

PAF should have kept a diverse portfolio in the 80's. The 36 F16's were fine---then they should have also opted for the M2K's as well. Thus keeping india off the only other best aircraft in competition with the F16---visavis---M2K.

Basically a coupe de grace.

But then PAF chose to snatch defeat from the verge of 'success'---as usual.
There were always a chance after the fall of USSR and first gulf war which proved western air battle tactics if America really wish to sell it to India like they did it with Turkey along with source codes. Then the Su-30 deal was even doubtful.

JF17 has to mature in ground attack roles. The Mirages are known and pretty good in shape even at this age. You do not just dump the numbers without proper introducing alternative. And it takes a few years to switch decent from one to another plane. The F7p(g) are far more suited to be replaced fast. You just get a much better plane that handles in every aspect a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom