What's new

PAKISTAN'S AMAZING MIRAGES

PAF should get few sqaurons of Mirage 2000. Mirages are formidable fighters.

As both French and a fan of Dassault planes, it is a real treat to see how incredibly well kept the PAF's Mirage III-5 are after so long.
Most immense thanks and respect to those who serve and service them!

Good day all, Tay.

Commendable work done by Engineers for Pakistan Air force to keep these planes immaculate and flying
The mirage is a wonderful platform , very unique look n feel

I think it would be wise to allow local Pakistani Avionics Agencies to Upgrade the Avionics & Radar Package custom developed for the plane. Give the work to Private Sector if needed.

I love this plane we seem to have enough engines and quality in engineering to keep it running for another 15 years easily , if we improve the capabilities on planes

Never understood the logic that We have to retire these birds
IL-78_Thirsty_Mirages.jpg

Pakistan should actively look for a high end Radar for these bird & Digital reconnaissance pod integration (which should not be hard with Chinese help )

Turkish Targeting Pop Upgrade
Turkey Takes Aim At Targeting Pod | TR Defence
aselsan-aselpod2.jpg

PAF_Mirage_III_ROSE_alert_scramble_competition_Falcon_Air_Meet_2010_side_view.jpg

One word why the Mirage are not going anytime soon

EXOCET !!!

PakistanMirage5PA451withExocetASM.jpg

I heard Pakistan manufactures , various certified parts :P even for engines

........................Mirage-3/5 (Pakistan)........................

Radar: ................. Grifo-M .............................. (Comparable to F16 Radar)

HUD:......................Yes.......................................

FBW:......................No........................................

FLIR:......................Yes.......................................

BVR:......................Yes.......................................

BVR missile:...........R-Darter.....................................

Speed:...................Mach 2.2..............................

Day/Night ----------Yes---------------------------

Air - Air Refueling ---- Yes------------------------

Electronic Counter Measure ---Yes-----------------

HOTAS -------------Yes---------------------------

NAVY Excocet Missions -Yes -----------------------

The avionics package included
  • Inertial Navigation System
  • Heads Up Display
  • Airborne Video Tape Recording System (Might need upgrading to Turkish New Targeting and Recon Pod)
  • self-protection systems like RWR, Chaff and Flares
  • AIM-9L missiles
  • R-Darter Missiles
  • IRCCD Forward Looking Infra Red navigation sensor for reconnaissance applications air data sensors and computer - radar altimeter, and high capacity data transfer unit .
GEC head-up display and HOTAS similar to Mirage-2000 is used.

Read more: Grande Strategy

Pakistan should arm the Mirage with these babies

Last edited:
India was never a candidate for the F 16 till after year 2001. U S would have never sold this aircraft to india before 9/11.

PAF should have kept a diverse portfolio in the 80's. The 36 F16's were fine---then they should have also opted for the M2K's as well. Thus keeping india off the only other best aircraft in competition with the F16---visavis---M2K.

Basically a coupe de grace.

But then PAF chose to snatch defeat from the verge of 'success'---as usual.
Relax Chacha,

Jo hona tha ho gya ha..........Ab mitti pao or agy ka socho.

Commendable work done by Engineers for Pakistan Air force to keep these planes immaculate and flying
The mirage is a wonderful platform , very unique look n feel

I think it would be wise to allow local Pakistani Avionics Agencies to Upgrade the Avionics & Radar Package custom developed for the plane. Give the work to Private Sector if needed.

I love this plane we seem to have enough engines and quality in engineering to keep it running for another 15 years easily , if we improve the capabilities on planes

Never understood the logic that We have to retire these birds
IL-78_Thirsty_Mirages.jpg
Itna b sohna nai ha ye.

Last edited:
Pakistan made so many changes in Mirages that its become Pakistan test tubes and even now french can't repair these birds and they need Pakistan help to do the repair works :laugh:

Sniper pod ~ 200 kg, 11 inch dia, pretty compact, 40-60 nm range from 38-40 K ft., 10000 hours life
http://www.ellsworth.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-080606-047.pdf
Sniper Pod > U.S. Air Force > Fact Sheet Display

ATFLIR is 72 in (183 cm) long, weighs 420 lb (191 kg), and has a slant range of 30 mi (48 km),
AN/ASQ-228 ATFLIR - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AN/AAQ-28(V) LITENING Targeting Pod

Looks like copy of Israeli pod which much fatter 16 inches vs 11.9 or 1ft dia
LITENING targeting pod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Israeli laser pods - Yahoo Search Results

DAMOCLES - Multifunction Targeting Pod | Thales Group

Western pods (US and Israeli )are lighter and better range compared to eastern like china / Russia even European (french or uk)

even now french can't repair these birds and they need Pakistan help to do the repair works

??? France hasn't used a Mirage III for 2 decades this year so that I suppose you meant as far as repairing **** ones?
But that's OK! It's like an adopted child. No matter what his/her race, culture or nationality of origin, his/her identity and essence becomes that of those that provide, care and love him or her! That 's what Pakistan has done.

Good day all, Tay.

??? France hasn't used a Mirage III for 2 decades this year so that I suppose you meant as far as repairing **** ones?
But that's OK! It's like an adopted child. No matter what his/her race, culture or nationality of origin, his/her identity and essence becomes that of those that provide, care and love him or her! That 's what Pakistan has done.

Good day all, Tay.

@Taygibay..it pleasant surprise to see you in this forum ...I noticed your presence first time here today. Even knowing you for long time in other free style arena

best article for Pakistan's Mirages so far! Salute to our Mirage team! now i know why i saw so many mirages in Karachi skies!

Hey Haider, glad to hear from you. I've been here since the end of 2010 actually. I read you a couple times but did not interrupt live threads. As for the free style arena, I'm now a mod, believe it or not. Takes the edge off having to listen to the childish impolite rants, you know?

Talk to you soon, mate and good day ll, Tay.

Back
Top Bottom