What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

There's also rumours that ZDK-03 are to be upgraded to KJ-500 standard to
ASEA standard

Wouldn't be a bad idea to purchase further 4 x KJ-500 units

2 squadrons of Erieye and 2 squadron of rotodome AWACS for 4 area sectors covering all of Pakistan

Having 1 AWACS in the air 24/7 365 in each sector while 1 under goes maintenance, 1 is in training and 1 ready to go up while 1 is on patrol

The magic 4

There's also rumours that ZDK-03 are to be upgraded to KJ-500 standard to
ASEA standard

Wouldn't be a bad idea to purchase further 4 x KJ-500 units

2 squadrons of Erieye and 2 squadron of rotodome AWACS for 4 area sectors covering all of Pakistan

Having 1 AWACS in the air 24/7 365 in each sector while 1 under goes maintenance, 1 is in training and 1 ready to go up while 1 is on patrol

The magic 4
Would this not be a case of setting priorities?. Where does one place acquisition of a further 4 KLJ500s when you have 100 odd obsolete planes to replace and new infrastructure to be put in place. The PGs are very short legged so good only for point defence, the M3/5s are getting on and rattling and the older 16s are more than 30 yrs old even if MLUAed. As always money remains an issue and the rising tensions in US Pak diatribe is palpable making the 16s themselves suspect. I look at this scenario and see talk of SUs and Js and think where is the money going to come from. If I had the reigns of power a few fat cats would be on racks being stretched and made to sign for release of billions stashed away in Swiss accounts. But the this dream will not come true. So we remain cash deprived and need to sort our priorities out. Reminds me of the time in my late twenties when short of cash and full of pride not wanting to ask from dad, I would sort the money into progressively smaller piles,ie Petrol for the car, cigarrette money and the left over for food. HaaHaa. Now the question here is what is petrol for the car and what id cigarrette money here?
A

Never seen before that close ... the KJ-500's radome in close-up https://t.co/BOBQ67aqBn
IMG_20180118_090205.jpeg

$1 billion deal for Swedish AWACS ...Is it possible to locate the explosive land mines ..in our Border Area with help of this technology what analyst says?

$1 billion deal for Swedish AWACS ...Is it possible to locate the explosive land mines ..in our Border Area with help of this technology what analyst says?
What are talking about AWACS for locating land explosive mineso_O:hitwall::crazy: AWACS has only one purpose to detect enemy jets at long ranges and do research before you posting @syed zia Hassan :crazy:

I wonder if SAAB fulfills the needs for aerial recon having a big country like india both as a neighbour and a threat.

I was under the impression that the PAF had ordered the Saab Globaleye solution, not the Erieye. Is there an update on this?

Synthetic aperture radar and ground penetrating radar for mines

AFM articles on Greek Saab awacs stated ground mode were suppressed due to inter forces politics and other reasons but are available may be now in global hawk fully available

Basically jstar

Last edited:
What are talking about AWACS for locating land explosive mineso_O:hitwall::crazy: AWACS has only one purpose to detect enemy jets at long ranges and do research before you posting @syed zia Hassan :crazy:
Yes Dear I known that the main

Yes I known that ...I ask question is it possible to used it for that .... (explosive device detector) think .after all how many missiles bombs Even bullets every thing on board in a Fighter Air Crafts park at Air Field from 1000 Km Away. ..AWACS... I ask can we convert or used this technology for this work ...?

Yes Dear I known that the main

Yes I known that ...I ask question is it possible to used it for that .... (explosive device detector) think .after all how many missiles bombs Even bullets every thing on board in a Fighter Air Crafts park at Air Field from 1000 Km Away. ..AWACS... I ask can we convert or used this technology for this work ...?
How can AWACS detect land mines please explain me:crazy: Its need metal detectors or ground penetration radars which latest and immature technology currently so your idea for detecting land mines from AWACS is truly impossible, stupid and crap:hitwall::disagree:

How can AWACS detect land mines please explain me:crazy: Its need metal detectors or ground penetration radars which latest and immature technology currently so your idea for detecting land mines from AWACS is truly impossible, stupid and crap:hitwall::disagree:
oh yara don't be too harsh on the guy.

what you are talking about is Synthetic Aperture Radar(SAR) and not AWAC's

You don’t know about the U.S Air Force new Deployment in AWACS…Please stay for few days and see you self ...

You don’t know about the U.S Air Force new Deployment in AWACS…Please stay for few days and see you self ...
After few days lets see who is hahahahahah

Kid you're knows nothing about AWACS and if you have information of US AF AWACS for that capability to detect landmines from the AWACS please share with us:hitwall::blah:

Hahahhahaahha
There.. I just laughed at you.
Now, in seriousness
You are confusing airborne based Lidar type mine detection from a low flying HELICOPTER with AWACS.

Its probabe you read something somewhere or saw a half youtube video and your mind remembered sketchy details and has you convinced you saw what you claim.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom